Dave simms interview from friday

Finny

It'll be in my history at home if no-one posts it before this evening.
Listened to it last night. Hilarious.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. :lol:

Thread starter #3
It seems that on steel talk that the we hate Dave Simms group are gaining momentum ha ha absolutley fabulous.

I didnt know the result last night until ten oclock the missus told me that we lost my face went to the floor, then she started laughing and jumping up and down shouting we are goining to the playoffs YEEHAA lol :D

Jones72

The only quote that needs to be posted is one of his first...

"[Playoff hockey]...as soon as it's started it could finish"

:lol:

You don't say!

:lol: now that IS funny, how can he claim the steelers are the better team? in the league we've proved were better and now this weekend we have proved we are better. Im sorry but after watching verner on saturday, i would take lyle everyday of the week.
I also like how he said the steelers have always done well against the devils in the playoffs, to then say the series is tied 4-4??? how does that work.

Gazza272

nmase20 said:
:l
I also like how he said the steelers have always done well against the devils in the playoffs, to then say the series is tied 4-4??? how does that work.

He didnt say the playof series is tied 4-4 he said the league games this year were tied at 4-4 where we were then informed we had won 3 times against them in our 'little tent'

ASHIPP

What I love is him saying that the Steelers have nothing to fear from the Devils! Listening to the commentary on Sky for the Blaze/Giants league game, Simms made a veiled reference to the final 4 for Playoff weekend saying 'top 4 finishers in the league in the playoffs? I have a feeling that won't be the case'. Obviously had banked on Steelers going through.
The man is completely deluded ....even today fans on Steeltalk are saying he's an embarrassment to their club and television presenting. It's ok to have a vested interest in a team....but at least be professional and give a balanced, unbiased view as a presenter. :roll:

A

Anonymous

i love it when he compares the devils players with sheffield players.
stef has it 10-4 in favour of steelers players and simms has it 11-3 in favour of sheffield players.
simms is a right joke. also pointing out our little tent. wat a joke.

the only players they think are better than theres are miller finnerty and jarvis.

verner better than lyle? :) :)

ASHIPP

And yet there are regular debates on who they would love to see the Steelers sign up.......the Vother, Smithy, Jarvo and ,of course, Ryan, are names that regularly feature in those discussions, and on Steeltalk! :cool: Very pleased that Ryan got MOM for Devils last night - key role over both legs. ;)

drainage

Didnt know Simms did stand up comedy ?????? Surely this is a sketch !!!!

The man is seriously deluded - "we have proved it on Steelers hockey tonight Sheffield are better than Cardiff Devils"" No you proved on radio you have as much grasp of reality as someone in a coma !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

“We are a better team than the Cardiff Devils
We have better players than the Cardiff Devils
We can out out-goaltender the Cardiff Devils
We are better defensively than the Cardiff Devils
We have more punch than the Cardiff Devils.
We have more scoring than the Cardiff Devils

I don’t want my team’s season to end on Sunday, I want to go to Nottingham, I want to be there at the final four,

At the end of the day we are better than Cardiff”

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: REALLY SIMMS REALLY???????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What an absolute first class idiot (it is very difficult to describe him without swearing). We finsihed above Sheffield in the league, the CC and now the Playoffs - he is totally deluded and frankly an embarrassment to Sheffield, and embarrassment to the Steelers, an embarrassment to Sky and an embarrassment to Ice Hockey.

ASHIPP

gandl said:
“I don’t want my team’s season to end on Sunday, I want to go to Nottingham, I want to be there at the final four,

What an absolute first class idiot (it is very difficult to describe him without swearing). We finsihed above Sheffield in the league, the CC and now the Playoffs - he is totally deluded and frankly an embarrassment to Sheffield, and embarrassment to the Steelers, an embarrassment to Sky and an embarrassment to Ice Hockey.
Er, didn't his team's season end in September last year? :lol:

Even Steelers' fans on Steeltalk think he's an embarrassment - totally unprofessional of him to show such bias. And it wouldn't have made any difference whether the Steelers' opposition had been Coventry, Belfast, Nottingham or anyone. He's supposed to be a sports TV presenter for God's sake. In other words there should be professional, balanced, INTELLIGENT analysis of the game, the teams, the players. You just never saw Alan Hanson behaving like this when Liverpool were in the Cup on Match of the Day! :cool:

drainage

gandl said:
“We are a better team than the Cardiff Devils
We have better players than the Cardiff Devils
We can out out-goaltender the Cardiff Devils
We are better defensively than the Cardiff Devils
We have more punch than the Cardiff Devils.
We have more scoring than the Cardiff Devils

I don’t want my team’s season to end on Sunday, I want to go to Nottingham, I want to be there at the final four,

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: REALLY SIMMS REALLY???????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How many incorrect statements can be made in a radio show - oh everything he says !!

Chris

Administrator
He's supposed to be a sports TV presenter for God's sake. In other words there should be professional, balanced, INTELLIGENT analysis of the game, the teams, the players. You just never saw Alan Hanson behaving like this when Liverpool were in the Cup on Match of the Day! :cool:
As much as I think he talks nonsense, the comments were made on a programme called Steelers Hockey, presented by himself and Seth Green.

I guess he can be as biased as he likes on his own radio show...

Chris.