D-man?

Rempel16

Thread starter #1
Chris Allen has been released by Telford due to financial constraints. I fully expect him to sign for the Blaze in place of Jeff Smith, but he would be ideal for us for a couple of weeks.

Also, Giants rumoured to have signed Michael Jacobsen as injury cover for Rich Seeley.

wildthing74

Rempel16 said:
Chris Allen has been released by Telford due to financial constraints. I fully expect him to sign for the Blaze in place of Jeff Smith, but he would be ideal for us for a couple of weeks.
Yeah that was my first thought when I heard he been released.He's plenty good enough for this level and I think the only reason he is playing at Telford is his partner lives in Solihull so its close to home.

wildthing74 said:
Rempel16 said:
Yeah that was my first thought when I heard he been released.He's plenty good enough for this level and I think the only reason he is playing at Telford is his partner lives in Solihull so its close to home.

Compete and utter pants sign him and say goodbye to your season :D

Chris

Administrator
Depends if the rumours are true about us not bring in a replacement for Sawyer due to financial constraints...

I have no idea if they are true, but if we don't bring a replacement in, where has Sawyers wage disappeared to?

No doubt i'll look a fool tomorrow when/if we do sign a replacement...

Chris.

Wannabe2

We defo will bring in a replacement for Sawyer, the club are not in this position due to there own fault. G and the Devils organisation want success as much as anyone, they are not always perfect, but hey who is. Myself i got a gut feeling we will hear something soon, just keep the faith guys.Good things come to those who wait.

I just got a feeling it will be like for like, an extra body on the ice is great, but an extra body that can enforce, defend and do the biz, is even better... its not looking for the best, but the right player...

or something like that... :lol:

Never seen the guy play so i can't really comment.
We seem to be holding our own OK at the mo. There doesn't seem to be an urgent need to rush in just anyone.

Gutted to hear Telford are struggling again. I was dragged up the the Telford area and my first hockey memory is a Scout trip to watch the Tigers back in the early 90s. There was a bench clearance. I've never been the same since! :twisted:

DevilDom

Chris said:
Depends if the rumours are true about us not bring in a replacement for Sawyer due to financial constraints...

I have no idea if they are true, but if we don't bring a replacement in, where has Sawyers wage disappeared to?

No doubt i'll look a fool tomorrow when/if we do sign a replacement...

Chris.
Surely this can't be true?

If so, you'd have to seriously start to question where the money is going. :?

With record season ticket sales, improved average crowds and improved sponsorship either we are paying some people way too much or there is some serious wastage somewhere in the organisation and Paul Regan doesn't seem like the kind of man who would allow that to happen.

Wannabe2

We defo will bring in a replacement for Sawyer, the club are not in this position due to there own fault. G and the Devils organisation want success as much as anyone, they are not always perfect, but hey who is. Myself i got a gut feeling we will hear something soon, just keep the faith guys.Good things come to those who wait.