Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All teams 2016/17

JC23

Wow a fantastic signing for any team. Steelers become stronger.

Hope if the Devils have any intention of strengthening the roster they are well on their way to securing an impact player.
Can't help but think he was in talks with us, and we've been outibid. Truly hope I'm wrong though.

Devil_Abroad

Outbid.

He was just pimping himself to the highest bidder.
He followed Giants, Steelers and us on Twitter if that means anything. Todd says they're always looking at the market but there's not much out there that makes us better. Think he would have so I guess Steelers were more desperate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BostonBart22

So steelers sign a newbie so what , one player wont make a difference at this late in the season, also he maybe a bad egg in the dressing room, who knows, just hoping we dont panic buy , think what we got will see us to the finishing line top.

osh

He followed Giants, Steelers and us on Twitter if that means anything. Todd says they're always looking at the market but there's not much out there that makes us better. Think he would have so I guess Steelers were more desperate?

Steelers more desperate ? Doubt that very much. Give them a bit of credit here, they always do what they feel is necessary to win titles, whether they win the league or not this season, they have made a positive move to strengthen their team and O take my hat off to them for doing so. If they outbid us, I'd worry a little to be honest, as , decent a player he is, there are better out there for sure - despite what Todd may say - we may need to dig a bit deeper into the coffers, if we don't, I don't see us winning the league, and even if we sign a great player, there are no guarantees, but let's be seen to be matching our rivals in the transfer department and hope we can see it through to a league title after so many years.

JC23

So many pairs of rose tinted glass on here.

Geoff Walker is a hell of a signing for Steelers, one we could have really done with on our team. In my view, he is going to have the same impact Jason Williams has had at Nottingham, albeit with a team who are actually in the tittle race, and haven't got the distraction of Europe mid season.

If we've missed out here for any reason that would have been under our control, then we've really dropped a ball.

I'm just glad we only have to play them twice more this season (unless we end up playing them in the CC final...) as this signing does make them dangerous.

As much as it hurts to say, respect to Sheffield Steelers pulling this one off.

Electro

Players don't just decide on money alone, it's the whole package, the exposure, facilities, size of fan base, location. We have much to offer but lack in an important area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Devil_Abroad

Steelers more desperate ? Doubt that very much. Give them a bit of credit here, they always do what they feel is necessary to win titles, whether they win the league or not this season, they have made a positive move to strengthen their team and O take my hat off to them for doing so. If they outbid us, I'd worry a little to be honest, as , decent a player he is, there are better out there for sure - despite what Todd may say - we may need to dig a bit deeper into the coffers, if we don't, I don't see us winning the league, and even if we sign a great player, there are no guarantees, but let's be seen to be matching our rivals in the transfer department and hope we can see it through to a league title after so many years.
As in they were ready to meet the player's demands if he was touting himself to all three teams.

Ocko

Players don't just decide on money alone, it's the whole package, the exposure, facilities, size of fan base, location. We have much to offer but lack in an important area.

Obviously you mean size of fanbase, that's all you ever talk about after all.

You really believe the amount of fans a team have really have a bearing on a player signing? We've pulled players from under the nose of teams with much bigger fanbases before, even when we were in the BBT. Probably the least likely thing to influence a player.

Electro

Obviously you mean size of fanbase, that's all you ever talk about after all.

You really believe the amount of fans a team have really have a bearing on a player signing? We've pulled players from under the nose of teams with much bigger fanbases before, even when we were in the BBT. Probably the least likely thing to influence a player.
Sorry, not the fan base.

voth26

Then what? Because from all those things listed we aren't behind Sheffield in any of them.
That's plainly obvious he's having another dig at Lord's coaching ability, it's all he ever goes on about. I'm really hoping we can win the league and stuff his comments down his throat once and for all. on the other hand if Electro doesn't like the way things are done with Lord and the Devils he could always bugger off!!

Johnnybravo1927

That's plainly obvious he's having another dig at Lord's coaching ability, it's all he ever goes on about. I'm really hoping we can win the league and stuff his comments down his throat once and

for all. on the other hand if Electro doesn't like the way things are done with Lord and the Devils he could always bugger off!!
When electro was banned off this forum over christmas it was full of decent and lively debate. Now its back to controversial 'oh look at me, look at me' posts. Pretending to have some glorious hockey knowledge and letting us have a small insight into it. Its pathetic. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but constantly harping on about how bad our coach is when considering we are top of the league, in the cup semi final and also looking fine for the playoffs is quite frankly baffling. I accept the team isnt perfect and isnt above criticism but Electro you are just simply dragging this forum down. Anyway, I digress....

Electro

My god, it has nothing to do with Lord or the fan base.

Have you not seen the trophy cabinet and arena.