Confirmed Signings all teams 2014/15

Finny said:
James said:
Other than of course Richardson telling people he's keen to come back. I guess that doesn't fit with the current angle of attack though does it.
Which for me is even more worrying.

If a player didn't want to come back because he didn't like the City, rink, coach, fans, club ambition etc you could understand them not re-signing.

However, if Richardson wants to return and the club wants him to return, what is stopping them from signing a contract?
Maybe he prefers to deal with people in person, across the desk, feel appreciated, wanted and can see the paperwork.

I doubt a quick phone call from Whistle, in Canada and a pre negotiated verbal "we are kinda wanting you, but are not signing until the last few weeks before game day" would make anybody drop their pants in excitement.

Would anybody really want to be signed to a club in this way. :roll:

ASHIPP

Finny said:
James said:
Other than of course Richardson telling people he's keen to come back. I guess that doesn't fit with the current angle of attack though does it.
Which for me is even more worrying.

If a player didn't want to come back because he didn't like the City, rink, coach, fans, club ambition etc you could understand them not re-signing.

However, if Richardson wants to return and the club wants him to return, what is stopping them from signing a contract?
And it would be a catastrophic miscalculation on the part of the club to keep a player hanging on for negotiations....especially one of Richie's calibre. It's no secret he has has several offers to consider.....some of those clubs will be requiring a response soon so they know whether to pursue another player instead.

The optimist in me is hoping that Whis has already had a long discussion with Richie. But the realist in me says Whis will have massive competition from top clubs to secure Richie. Would be fantastic news if he stays with the Devils.

Devil94 said:
Blaze sign Kyle Bochek.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=33623

They are building quite a team. Old school.

But I thought that Devils were the cutting edge promoting the new fast skillful Euro hockey that all of the Elite League will be embracing this year.

Someone obviously hasn't told the Blaze or maybe Ragan and Pope were talking crap last season. I know where my money is on that one

Olson could possible be joining another team, also expect to see Nickerson back with Fife.

Blaze are putting together a good side, but I'm sure they will be one of four good teams in our division. Devils if they do go down the cheap Euro import route like the Caps have in recent seasons may struggle. But if you sign some quality Euro's and add a few tough guys it will be interesting to see how you do.

Temme

Nottingham sign Chris Higgins from Belfast.

Best hands in the league. No questions asked.

And a very good signing for Nottingham.

wildthing74 said:
Hands down one of the best players in the league and this move seems to have really peed off the Giants.
Todd Kelman offered him a contract before end of season, Nottingham offered more it would seem.

Giants thanked him for his service and wished him well on twitter, fans though are different some going to miss him others wont.

wildthing74

giantglenn said:
wildthing74 said:
Hands down one of the best players in the league and this move seems to have really peed off the Giants.
Todd Kelman offered him a contract before end of season, Nottingham offered more it would seem.

Giants thanked him for his service and wished him well on twitter, fans though are different some going to miss him others wont.
Yeah sorry I meant the fans rather than the club. The guys I know over there are pissed as its Nottingham rather than just him leaving.I get that as I spew when Sheffield nick our better players.

Temme

Fife lose Justin Da Costa - was impressed with him on D this year.

Stephen Murphy re signs for Belfast... :(

Bad news for the rest of the league.