Conboy gets 12 game ban

Thread starter #1
Thank you messrs Mason, Darnell & Hanson.

You have collectively brought the game into disrepute.

An absolute joke.

Hanson Wouldn't know the meaning of consistent adjuducation
if his life depended on it

DevilDom

KGW said:
Isn't that what Derek Campbell got for attempted eye gouging?

So where's the joke?
Wasn't Campbell given 12 games for actually eye gouging based on the reports from the linesmen trying to pull him off the Dundee guy? The officials didn't see it and went on the reaction of the powder puff giants players. That's the joke.

Your guys are happy to dish it out but whine to the officials when a bit is given back.

rolf

Sounds bout right from this league. what did we really expect from them in reality. If there is a book to be thrown, then they find the biggest and heaviest tome to chuck at us.

DevilDom said:
KGW said:

So where's the joke?
Wasn't Campbell given 12 games for actually eye gouging based on the reports from the linesmen trying to pull him off the Dundee guy? The officials didn't see it and went on the reaction of the powder puff giants players. That's the joke.

Your guys are happy to dish it out but whine to the officials when a bit is given back.
talk about whining....you lot do plenty of that, its Darnell, its Hicks, its Hanson, its Keefe, its Mason........why is it never down to a Devils player?
Your Devils team for all its size isn't capable of giving it out to anybody like they did back over the years, and because other teams (and I mean others besides Belfast) have got the better of you over recent seasons you blame everyone but your players.
Why powder puff Giants?......that what you call any opposition that you DONT get the better of?
Its about time you all stopped blaming everyone and anything else and look closer at the ones that are leaving you shorter benched than you really need to be...yes I mean Conboy.
He is a very good player when he is actually playing for the team, but he isn't a team player often enough.
As for the arena comment...well the less said on that ridiculous statement the better

rolf

WheresWally said:
DevilDom said:
KGW said:

So where's the joke?

talk about whining....you lot do plenty of that, its Darnell, its Hicks, its Hanson, its Keefe, its Mason........why is it never down to a Devils player?
Your Devils team for all its size isn't capable of giving it out to anybody like they did back over the years, and because other teams (and I mean others besides Belfast) have got the better of you over recent seasons you blame everyone but your players.
Why powder puff Giants?......that what you call any opposition that you DONT get the better of?
Its about time you all stopped blaming everyone and anything else and look closer at the ones that are leaving you shorter benched than you really need to be...yes I mean Conboy.
He is a very good player when he is actually playing for the team, but he isn't a team player often enough.
As for the arena comment...well the less said on that ridiculous statement the better

FOUND HIM!

rolf said:
WheresWally said:
DevilDom said:
KGW said:

So where's the joke?

FOUND HIM!
:lol: brilliant!

DevilDom

WheresWally said:
We do try to give it back but to a certain extent you are right because whenever there is an incident involving the Devils we come out of it very badly in terms of bans. We then end up playing short and can't risk taking more bans so it becomes easier for teams to get the better of us physically.

Powder puff because of the way your players went whining to Darnell to get Conboy thrown protecting Keefe from the retribution he would have got for his cheapshot.

WheresWally said:
DevilDom said:
KGW said:

So where's the joke?

Don't subscribe to the Arena scenario myself. Wally
The inequality of bans this season, besides previous seasons, does however give grounds to some to air that argument.
Attempt to injure is the charge. Actual injury? result. 12 match ban.
Clear attempt to injure. Resulting in loss of consciousness and concussion. result 4 match ban. Oh! by the way it was from my seat a very clear and deliberate attempt to injure. I would also add the worst incident I have witnessed in 27 years of watching Hockey.
Saturday Conboy did a stupid thing, I ask did he gouge his eye? was there any injury? for a guy who had both hands around the guys head and had him at his mercy why didn't he?
So! the joke is this league. The refs are at best inconsistent. Sundays game prime example. Hicks totally destroyed the flow of a top game.
It does appear that justice is meted out in a disproportionate manner, as above. Hanson needs to take stock of this seasons bans and appraise his own performance.
To reiterate the League is the joke!!!!
Happy Hockey days.

I actually think conboys ban will work against the giants as they have only got one more league match against us and have been lucky to play us when we had injuries and taken full advantage.during conboys ban we play they're nearest rivals Nottingham three times i'm pretty sure theyd rather us to be at full strength and maybe take some points off the panthers.

Seems completely fair when compared to Keefe's deliberate elbow to the head that got 4 games. I would call it mickey mouse but to be honest Disney could run a better and fairer league.

This is exactly why this is my last season watching elite league hockey. If it had been them doing it to us we all know there would be nothing. It's the name on the back and the club on the front that determines whether you are allowed to play in this league or not and if not how long your ban will be. In any other job it would be called discrimination.

The worst hit i've seen in quite some time from Keefe after previous gets 4 games then something which nobody seems to be able to prove gets 12. Seems very fair to me! Would love to have both incidents sent to a real league and compared by an independent party to see how they call them. I have a feeling real hockey officials in real leagues might see it slightly differently.

I wonder who had bets on Conboy getting chucked and banned again with Darnell in charge. If the league keep match fixing like this they might be able to afford some real refs in the future. Such a shame for the league and feel sorry for the players. Nobody will come here soon if they keep running it into the ground.

Oh well my season ticket money will be going on watching the NHL next year, at least they treat all teams the same.

DevilDom said:
KGW said:

So where's the joke?

I don't know who you think "my guys" are, but I think you've got it wrong.

[quote="Have Hope#35

:DWD :DWD :DWD[/quote]

You can't deny that referring to you as a Wally is rather polite in all honesty... I can think of much worse :lol:[/quote]

:DWD how mature.....someone makes a comment that you devils don't agree with and it then reverts to the playground and name calling. :DWD

try waking up and smelling the coffee, Conboy is a liability to the Devils. his actions were stupid, because there was no reason to get involved with Mason. IMO the only reason he hasn't been gassed is either because of the lack of funds or lack of ambition (delete as appropriate)
and all this constant "the whole league is against us" is just rubbish. Players get banned because in the eyes of the officials and the head of discipline they HAVE committed an offence. Agree or disagree this is how it works, ALL teams have to live with it.
Moray Hanson had time to look closer at the video evidence, and read the match report.
Move on

Finny

WheresWally said:
:DWD how mature.....someone makes a comment that you devils don't agree with and it then reverts to the playground and name calling. :DWD
Are you for real? Have you already forgotten what your username is?

WheresWally said:
[quote="Have Hope#35

:DWD :DWD :DWD
You can't deny that referring to you as a Wally is rather polite in all honesty... I can think of much worse :lol:[/quote]

try waking up and smelling the coffee, Conboy is a liability to the Devils. his actions were stupid, because there was no reason to get involved with Mason. IMO the only reason he hasn't been gassed is either because of the lack of funds or lack of ambition (delete as appropriate)
and all this constant "the whole league is against us" is just rubbish. Players get banned because in the eyes of the officials and the head of discipline they HAVE committed an offence. Agree or disagree this is how it works, ALL teams have to live with it.
Moray Hanson had time to look closer at the video evidence, and read the match report.
Move on[/quote]

Don't you get it? We accept players should be banned for doing stupid and dangerous things. What Keefe did to Conboy was extremely dangerous and seriously injured a player. What did he get? Four measely games. Conboy does something not as serious and gets 12. How is this fair for goodness sake? It stinks of bias from the league and complete inconsistency and will stop fans and new fans coming to games. If you want a farce of a league with only three arena teams then the League are certainly helping.