Conboy gets 12 game ban

Have Hope#35

:DWD :DWD :DWD

You can't deny that referring to you as a Wally is rather polite in all honesty... I can think of much worse :lol:

:DWD how mature.....someone makes a comment that you devils don't agree with and it then reverts to the playground and name calling. :DWD

try waking up and smelling the coffee, Conboy is a liability to the Devils. his actions were stupid, because there was no reason to get involved with Mason. IMO the only reason he hasn't been gassed is either because of the lack of funds or lack of ambition (delete as appropriate)
and all this constant "the whole league is against us" is just rubbish. Players get banned because in the eyes of the officials and the head of discipline they HAVE committed an offence. Agree or disagree this is how it works, ALL teams have to live with it.
Moray Hanson had time to look closer at the video evidence, and read the match report.
Move on
You've said all this in previous comments... Quite frankly you're just getting boring now! We're fully aware that Conboy shouldn't have got involved but how many times have you said the same about Keefe and got off far more lightly than us... You have to question the comparative punishments! You can tell us you aren't treated any differently until you're blue in the face, but based on fact you're very much mistaken.

Have Hope#35 said:
:DWD :DWD :DWD

You can't deny that referring to you as a Wally is rather polite in all honesty... I can think of much worse :lol:

:DWD how mature.....someone makes a comment that you devils don't agree with and it then reverts to the playground and name calling. :DWD

try waking up and smelling the coffee, Conboy is a liability to the Devils. his actions were stupid, because there was no reason to get involved with Mason. IMO the only reason he hasn't been gassed is either because of the lack of funds or lack of ambition (delete as appropriate)
and all this constant "the whole league is against us" is just rubbish. Players get banned because in the eyes of the officials and the head of discipline they HAVE committed an offence. Agree or disagree this is how it works, ALL teams have to live with it.
Moray Hanson had time to look closer at the video evidence, and read the match report.
Move on
You've said all this in previous comments... Quite frankly you're just getting boring now! We're fully aware that Conboy shouldn't have got involved but how many times have you said the same about Keefe and got off far more lightly than us... You have to question the comparative punishments! You can tell us you aren't treated any differently until you're blue in the face, but based on fact you're very much mistaken.
honestly conboy is a foool to himself.

its clear that this guy has alot of ability but needs to sort his head out.

in the meantime we need a replacment like.....now

Replacement?

You'll recall the Stingrays were dennied an opportunity to sign a replacement import for a number of games following the judgment on Campbell so the only player we can replace is G as we already know nobody will be replacing Phill Hill.

Well we will have to remain short benched until hes back then.

Such a shame really though that Conboy feels the need to do these things.

I believe Nickholson of the blaze was told behave or your on the plane back home.

Maybe conboy should be told the same?

Sheincar

rikardo1uk said:

I believe Nickholson of the blaze was told behave or your on the plane back home.

1) you're assuming G didn't tell him that
2) you're assuming that Ragan & Dope aren't loving the free publicity for the club

Sheincar said:
rikardo1uk said:

1) you're assuming G didn't tell him that
2) you're assuming that Ragan & Dope aren't loving the free publicity for the club
To be honest i think we have been playing well anyway over the weekend with and without conboy.

G probably knew what he was like, but there enforcing and stupidity.

Conboy is stupid and would appear loves getting himself into a mess.

such a shame though because he is a very handy player to have when his head is on the game.

i dont know what to say anymore, just think that we need our best layers available to have a chance of finishing in a respectable position this season.

ASHIPP

Got to admit Im struggling to see how Conboy's interaction with Mason can be perceived as protecting his team mates. Another example of heat of the moment exchanges which resuslt in lengthy punishment.

Irrespective of whether the length of ban is justified, the fact remains that Conboy sits out ANOTHER 6 weeks. He can't be replaced but will continue to get paid for his absence. How helpful is that to a team struggling on short-benched?

Whether the players are playing for the new coaching regime or simply to improve their future prospects, the knock on effects of being shortbenched ( fatigue, injury, more losses)
are a recipe for complete disaster.

The Club needs a replacement defenceman NOW...especially as they could not replace Conboy yet if he was to be released.

Wish they would cut out the usual spin and crap we always hear and give us some meaningful and hopeful news to dilute all this depression and negativity.

Lp 1

I like Andrew, however he has played exactly half of our 20 games (According to Elite Prospects) and will miss a further 11 games.
We need a player who can play all our games not play one week and miss the net.
I think Andrew is a good player but by getting suspended from the majority of our games, he is becoming a liability. Weather he is being targeted etc. the statistics are there.

E.D.S.

WheresWally said:
DevilDom said:
KGW said:
Isn't that what Derek Campbell got for attempted eye gouging?

So where's the joke?
Wasn't Campbell given 12 games for actually eye gouging based on the reports from the linesmen trying to pull him off the Dundee guy? The officials didn't see it and went on the reaction of the powder puff giants players. That's the joke.

Your guys are happy to dish it out but whine to the officials when a bit is given back.
talk about whining....you lot do plenty of that, its Darnell, its Hicks, its Hanson, its Keefe, its Mason........why is it never down to a Devils player?
Your Devils team for all its size isn't capable of giving it out to anybody like they did back over the years, and because other teams (and I mean others besides Belfast) have got the better of you over recent seasons you blame everyone but your players.
Why powder puff Giants?......that what you call any opposition that you DONT get the better of?
Its about time you all stopped blaming everyone and anything else and look closer at the ones that are leaving you shorter benched than you really need to be...yes I mean Conboy.
He is a very good player when he is actually playing for the team, but he isn't a team player often enough.
As for the arena comment...well the less said on that ridiculous statement the better
Can't see much wrong with Wally's comments. He/she is probably right with the above. We're not what we used to be. Conboy and Deeds are good examples of that. As much as the inconsistency from those in the elite league ivory towers annoys the hell out of me we'd be far better off not giving them the opportunity to display their incompetence in enforcing their inconsistent interpretation of the incidents and subsequent bans. Instead of moaning about the bans handed out how about we recruit players with a bit more about them (i.e. self control and may be a mild intellect).

Koop11

It would ne interesting to know what the bank of evidence was used to come to the decision. I don’t think the video evidence that I have seen alone is conclusive. They are images and lineman’s testimonies to consider as well as the protest from Belfast players.

You think its nyon impossible to gouge someone wearing a hockey glove. Darnell’s reaction is not much looking at the footage, only really acting on protest from the bench.

However, if it has been proven (although not clear how) that its an attempted eye gouge then you cannot condone the intentions. That kind of action does not belong in hockey or another sport for that matter. Unfortunately for Conboy, his reputation this season has probably had some influence on this decision.

If 12 games is the call then so be it. I won’t argue that. The league should certainly set presidences against such plays.

Where there is a justified argument is as others have already suggested is in relation to consistency, once again. The Keefe example – a guy is injured, knocked clean out with a deliberate blind side hit, weeks after only receiving a suspension for a similar incident. He gets 4 games. Mason was not injured at all and Conboy gets 12. That doesn’t add up to me. I wouldn’t deny that the league have followed their rule book. I think the rule book that they have drawn up on the back of a fag packet needs reviewing though.

Devils fans claim to be unfairly treated over the years. We have been no angels that’s for sure but have certainly the wrong end of the seesaw when it comes to balance of suspension. Some things never change.

Spot on Koop, agree 100%.

I have no problem with the ban if it was proved to happen (not convinced from what I've seen) but how can the elite league come out and say a deliberate check to the head which caused injury etc. however they wrote that report gets 4 games after previous yet an "attempted" gouge which as far as I know caused no injury gets 12. If that was a Belfast player on a Cardiff player I doubt there would even have been a penalty.

I'm not saying it was right and if it happened he should be punished what stinks is an elbow to the head which knocked a player out isn't considered anywhere near as bad as this in terms of bans.

I don't think it is any surprise that Cardiff and certain other teams feel hard done by in this league as all of the evidence is clear to see. It is Voth all over again and personal grudges with players by officials or the league and reputations shouldn't come into it, they need to call what happens on the ice and the same for everyone if this sport is to be taken seriously and grow.

mazza03

I sometimes think we would be better leaving the Elite and just having the lower teams, the games seem more enjoyable. :?:

I don'think Conboy should be gassed. Ok, yes he did something wrong, but its hockey. Seeing as its the Devils we have had the book thrown at us again and its certainly not the last time. If anything, if we can do well in 12 games whilst shorthanded, we should be stronger when Conboy is back.