Clan Vs Devils - League - 24th Jan 23 - 19:30 FO

E.D.S.

Pretty certain Ritchie went for a line change as the puck was cleared and Crawford came on. If that is the case, it's more being factual than jumping on Crawford. Not sure who's jumped on him any way. I'm one of his biggest critics and find him defensively poor but he gave the puck away (if it was actually him), we lost, no big deal, we still take a point. I'm sure no one will feel more like crap than him. Regardless how much we moan on here about certain players, there's no way we hurt or care any more than the players do, even if it doesn't look like it at times. The reality is very different.

Watched it again... I feel it was 100% Crawford. Ritchie skates towards the bench with his shirt worn the usual way - over his shorts lower back guard - then someone with a shirt tucked in gives it away, looks very much like Crawford to me.

osh

Welcome back to the forum.
Genuine question, do you have a second account which you use to post positively when we win or do you only like posting when we lose?
As usual Finny….nothing to say about how disappointing this result was or how bad / good individuals played. Just your usual sarcastic dig at posters who air their views that you don’t like.
hugely disappointing result, can’t comment on individual performances myself as I didn’t watch the game, but looks like 100% of posts are critical, and rightly so.

Hedd Wyn John

Watched it again... I feel it was 100% Crawford. Ritchie skates towards the bench with his shirt worn the usual way - over his shorts lower back guard - then someone with a shirt tucked in gives it away, looks very much like Crawford to me.
Whether it was Crawford or not who was responsible for that late foul-up doesnt change that the overall performance simply wasn't good enough.

In most hockey games you tend to need to score more than 2 goals to secure a win, even more so if the D is gifting scoring chances all night. Eventually goalie heroics won't save you.

Finny

Genuine question, does it matter? Is a positive post more valid than a negative post?
Surely you weren’t expecting many complimentary (positive) posts after such a poor performance?

This tends to be a very balanced forum, with a few posters at either end of the spectrum but in general you will see that good performances draw complimentary posts and poor performances draw critical posts!

As long as poster‘s stay within the parameters of the forum then that should be enough.
We don’t all agree with some poster’s opinions but we should all agree that they have a right to express those opinions as long as they stay within the rules.

As many on here have said in the past, it’s human nature that 'we' comment more on poor performance.
Genuine answer, I was curious. If I've watched a game I tend to comment on it whether we win or lose.

I was interested in the reasoning behind someone only posting when we lose.

Finny

As usual Finny….nothing to say about how disappointing this result was or how bad / good individuals played. Just your usual sarcastic dig at posters who air their views that you don’t like.
hugely disappointing result, can’t comment on individual performances myself as I didn’t watch the game, but looks like 100% of posts are critical, and rightly so.
I didn't watch the game so can't comment on the performance. Comments on social media seem to be that we were poor first period, better second period and then didn't take our chances in the 3rd to secure the win before two defensive mistakes cost us the win.

Clan are having a bit of an improvement in performances and results. After winning in Sheffield on the weekend it's hard to tell whether it's a point lost or a point gained.

Finny

The forum police are out again! What does this have to do with you? How about just commenting on the game and leave other posters to do what they want to do?
I didn't see the game so can't comment on it.
I'll have to re-read the Forum Police rules as I wasn't aware that posters are allowed to ask questions of players etc but not of each other.
Although the fact that you have asked me a question suggests that is allowed after all?

august04 2.0

I'll have to re-read the Forum Police rules as I wasn't aware that posters are allowed to ask questions of players etc but not of each other.
Although the fact that you have asked me a question suggests that is allowed after all?
The rationale behind what other people choose to post is none of your business. If you don’t like it, block them.

BostonBart22

Surely we won't be having him back next year?
Don't think he will be back with all the negative comments he receives, deserved or not..think Paul dixon has already got him in his sites at guildford and good luck to him, and if he does go to flames, good luck to him , hope he has a good testimonial as he probably gave the best days of his hockey career to the Devils..

We all wanted 6 pts from the 3 jock teams but 5 is a must now, didn't see the game but reports say we were shit, judging by the remarks we gotta be happy with a point then.. no good dwelling on it, we need 110% from every player v fife and du dee , otherwise the pretenders will battle it out till the end of the season

Would it be too much to simply say, Scottish teams? You were not shit, both teams were, in equal portions. It was an awful game to watch.
How do you give 110 % ? I thought in effort, the maximum was 100%.
Judged on that last night, calling out the other teams as pretenders is hilarious. Games against Dundee and Fife you really need to win.

RedDevil17

Genuine answer, I was curious. If I've watched a game I tend to comment on it whether we win or lose.

I was interested in the reasoning behind someone only posting when we lose.
How many times have I commented when we WIN games and I end up praising the team? I’ve been on this forum a fair few years now and I seem to recall praising the team on a fair few occasions, particularly when we play well and show 100%. Last night, I saw neither.

I also browse this forum on practically a daily basis, liking many posts in which I agree with. Maybe if you opened your eyes you’d see that. Also, I post a lot more than some do on here…

Question: why would I make a second account when I use RedDevil17 anyway (my one and only account I might add!)…just a thought. Donut

Last edited:

osh

See, there you go again, sarcasm ( but not at it’s best ! ) that‘s possibly why you don’t get too many ‘likes’ eh ? h
However, I’m guilty for attacking the poster - you - and not your post although I offer no apologies for that.
suffice to say it looks like we blew a game we should have won

Would it be too much to simply say, Scottish teams? You were not shit, both teams were, in equal portions. It was an awful game to watch.
How do you give 110 % ? I thought in effort, the maximum was 100%.
Judged on that last night, calling out the other teams as pretenders is hilarious. Games against Dundee and Fife you really need to win.
I’d like to be able to like this post a few times but that function isn’t available.
I’d like to see you pick apart some of wannabe2 posts when we get beat, actually sometimes when we win too.

To be fair, coming after the Conti Cup disappointment, I'm quite happy with 5 points from Belfast, Guilford and Glasgow. Can we get Dixon back as a dedicated face-off coach?! ;-)

august04 2.0

Believe it or not it was Richie who made that massive f*ck up at the end not Crawford.

You can see the “C” on the front of his jersey.

Just goes to show how easy people are willing to jump on Crawford (yes I know he’d made a few D f*ck ups this season).
Wrong. It was Crawford who gave that puck away in OT which lead to the goal. 100%. A bit blurry but you can just make out the 5 from his number on the sleeve and the jersey tuck at the back. D9B954CA-EEF8-4574-9617-42AC72EE1279.jpeg

Last edited:

E.D.S.

Wrong. It was Crawford who gave that puck away in OT which lead to the goal. 100%. A bit blurry but you can just make out the 5 from his number on the sleeve and the jersey tuck at the back. View attachment 2086
I thought it was pretty clear too. No sign of a C on the shirt, skated like Crawford, wore a shirt like Crawford... if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck... it's probably a duck.

No ones "easily jumping on Crawford" at all.