Clan Vs Devils - League - 24th Jan 23 - 19:30 FO

have to agree that we won't win the league if we keep playing short as players will be over used and get tired making silly mistakes costing us goals or injured.i don't think steelers would play many games with less than 14 imports and that is why they'll win the league.

jenks33

When there’s an howler on offer, it’s normally one of the gruesome twosome
I find Thompson’s mistakes much more frustrating. I kind of expected crawford to be a bit error prone with him being younger and a more offensively minded player. Thompson was brought in as an experienced, steady D man but after a bright start has been error prone all season. Of course players make mistakes, particularly at this level, but there are just far too many for my liking

Wannabe2

The continental cup was our best chance at silverware and the D cost us that.
In fairness and I may be wrong, but I think most fans couldnt give a toss about the Continental cup, it’s alien to most fans. It’s all about the domestic cups to most, teams they can relate to,and teams they watch regulary.

lloyd_jeff

Well l was wrong again, after the small group of armchair experts came on here after that weekend, explained how wrong everyone was to criticise, that we arn‘t worthy of comment, I’d hoped they were right. Oh well.

Diablo3

Clan played well, but I still thought we would see it out. Just before they got their second we had a chance to clear at an empty net, didn't bother and they scored. Very frustrating. In OT we were never at the races. Ah well...

Wannabe2

In fairness we normally do well against top teams, and bottle it and play shit against lower teams, we are totally consistently inconsistent. We are a 3rd / 4th team trying to punch above our weight, only problem is our punch ain’t anything to write home about.

jenks33

Unpopular opinion but I didn’t think the 2nd and 3rd periods were that bad (until the equalizer). Not great by any means but I thought Bownsy was quite comfortable and we had some good chances to make it 3-1 in the third. We missed two or three 2 on 1’s.
First period wasn’t good enough. We were outshot 19-7 and it felt like that. Clan were well on top for the majority of the first.
Had we hung on for a 2-1 victory I would have been fairly content overall after playing 3 games in 5 nights. That 20/30 seconds before the equalizer though was just abysmal. Brandt and Crawford had decent chances to clear it but Thompson’s mistake was terrible.

Last edited:

Wannabe2

Unfortunately we have D Men that can probably play in this league, but we don’t have D Men except 2/3 who can play in a championship winning team. That’s life and unfortunately it is what it is.

E.D.S.

Just seen the goal on Twitter and it looks like Crawfords giveaway. Difficult to tell and basing it purely on how Crawford wears his jersey tucked in, as I can’t see the number but it looked like a doozy from him. Happy to be corrected as I didn’t watch the game and only saw a brief clip.

Regardless who it was, it wasn’t great

Everyone seems to be bashing the defence again but has nobody noticed all the forwards that couldn’t put a string of passes together.
Bowns played well which was reassuring after the break in games he’s had.
Such a poor game though.
It wasn’t until the third period that I realised Glasgow hadn’t signed a player named Clanwinthefaceoff