Chris Frank released

kettdevil1

Good to see him back in the UK and will surely give 100% but completely mystified with this signing. The Steelers looked like they needed a cutting edge rather than another grafter. I hope he has a good time there but I can't see him being the final piece to their jigsaw.

Old news but here's the official twitter announcement

@steelershockey: Chris Frank signs for the Steelers he arrives in the UK today and will play on Saturday Vs @edcapitals at @ice_sheffield 0114 256 5656

Tad#

So Finnerty steals someone else's homework once again. Not sure what he can do for the Steelers. His mouth got him into trouble more then just a few times last season. You guys heard what he's said in the star already?

Quote from Chris Frank: "Im excited about going to Sheffield, when you play there you realise its like being in Cardiff but just times 10" : http://t.co/KPGVHmTF

DevilDom

I think this is proabably another example of the stir using poetic license.

What Chris said was probably more along the lines of:

"I loved my time in Cardiff, the fans there were the best in the league. However, at this stage of the season a job is a job and although they can't get close to filling it Sheffield do play in a rink 10 times bigger than Cardiff. I heard Ryan needed some help from another ex Devil and I couldn't really turn down the big bucks they offered being out of a job. I know Ryan from back in the day when he couldn't make it over here in North America and I heard is was trying to learn how to coach. I can't wait to pass him some more tips I picked up from Gerard Adams."

Gazza272

Apparantly we are able to keep Biz due to the consultuncy payments we recieve from Ryan Finnerty to be able to do his recruiting.

Skippy

WelshHabsFan said:
Looking at SFBulls.com, he's gotten no points in 9 ECHL games for them and is -7. 17 PIM averages nearly one penalty per game.

Not worried.
Ranked 39 on the Elite site for last season.. agreed not worried

Tyke Devil

The real issue is what do I do with the #2 Chris Frank Western Univeristy hockey shirt that I bought Mrs Tyke Devil last Christmas?!

Doh! :DWD

Good luck to the guy, just not when he is playing against us. He was a genuinely decent bloke and was more than happy to have a chat to us. Well after he saw the Western shirt anyway :lol:

Swap for a Biz Nasty "Wheeling Nailers" anyone? ;)