Change?

Lp 1

Thread starter #1
Does anyone else think there needs to be a change in the Cardiff Devils?

For one of the top clubs in the UK recent performances have been at best, disappointing!

Before people jump down my throat about the fact that we are 2 imports and a Brit down, I know and I realise this, however it is simple stuff that is letting us down massively! For example, passing is an area in which has been lacking in recent games, also the goals in the last Sheffield were very sloppy and could have easily been avoided. These two points are to do with current players and have nothing to do with the lack of players.

I know everyone wants everything to be happy and positive, however as paying season ticket holders we expect better.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

By the way last 10 games are 3 Wins 7 Losses

Wannabe2

Yes i suggest you dont try to knock the team when they are down, who the hell are you going to change when the signing deadline has gone anyway,we are what we are at the moment. The present shortbenched team are doing there best, we are in a bad place at the moment, and the last thing the team need is us getting on to them. I am sure you dont like my reply, but you asked for suggestions and thats mine.

Lp 1

Thread starter #3
I did and I appreciate your response however why did we get into this situation anyway? I think the change needs to be with the coaching staff! People say that G and Franny do a great job, but where is the results? They bring I. A few good players but don't produce the silverware!

Wannabe2 said:
Yes i suggest you dont try to knock the team when they are down, who the hell are you going to change when the signing deadline has gone anyway,we are what we are at the moment. The present shortbenched team are doing there best, we are in a bad place at the moment, and the last thing the team need is us getting on to them. I am sure you dont like my reply, but you asked for suggestions and thats mine.
I don't the fan was trying to knock the team in anyway, think you need a chill pill Glynne, just saying :DWD

It has everything to do with the lack of players!? A lack of players means players double shifting racking up a load of extra mins every night this will have direct impact on some key areas like passing! Also I don't think we have played two consecutive games all season playing with the same lines due to bans injuries etc. which means they won't have the same chemistry as for example the Wirll Rhyanen and Bagron line in Dundee which you'll see tomorrow night!
As far as our form goes no not great and I'm sorry to say I can't see it getting a lot better either, especially with the horror schedule we have in march! But it will be a very good chance for the team to go up against the big boys in the league and really test themselves and will also give a chance for G and Franny to come up with some miracle plan on how to beat one of those teams over two legs come playoff time!
We are in this situation now for the rest of the season best thing we can all do is just support the team until the end and hopefully the underdogs will prevail yet again!
Those are my thoughts!
And for my suggestion....
Let the quest for 6th place begin!

But hey what do I know? I have a picture of Luongo as my display pic??

Wannabe2

Dai Vader said:
Wannabe2 said:
I don't the fan was trying to knock the team in anyway, think you need a chill pill Glynne, just saying :DWD
Send me one and i will surely take it, just cheesed off with people coming out of the woodwork to knock us when we are surely down, thats not a dig at LP but at the numerous people who post there first post just to kick us when we are down. Yes things aint clever at the moment, and i am as fed up as anyone else, but we cant change anyone anyway, so whats the alternative get behind who we have or knock it on the head. Send that pill soon please.

Chris

Administrator
Some of the new members are fairly interesting, saying one thing on twitter and a completely different thing on here...

Back on topic though i think we're just going to have to grin a bear what's left of the season, we've got a pretty tough schedule and I suppose the best we can hope for is that the games are entertaining even if they do end up in a loss.

Belfast Giants x 3
Coventry Blaze x2
Sheffield Steelers x2
Nottingham Panthers x 2
Hull Stingrays x1
Dundee Stars x1

I don't subscribe to this view that we were being strung along about signing an import, for whatever reason things don't seem to have worked out on the import front but hopefully the Brits we've called up and already have can continue to play well :)

I think some people should be careful what they wish for.I for one would not swap our coaching team for any other in this league..DC for example at Caps done OK and that's about it.I look forward to G leading us in the new rink.People have been patient and I can't understand why people are getting frustrated with our future looking bright.Yes I said looking bright.Stay patient.

ASHIPP

At this point in the season what changes realistically do you suggest?

Whilst its immensely frustrating for fans to see the team constantly losing after a tremendous battle, imagine how demoralising it must be for our players. They need all the support and encouragement from fans they can get. We have to accept our season is over and hope for simply entertaining injury free hockey.

All teams go through tough times.....for all the reasons we have previously debated, this aeason was not to be for the Devils.

The time for analysis and postmortem will be at the end of the season. The club can regroup and hopefully sufficient tough lessons have been learned to plan for a better year.

Wannabe2

Chris said:
Some of the new members are fairly interesting, saying one thing on twitter and a completely different thing on here...

Back on topic though i think we're just going to have to grin a bear what's left of the season, we've got a pretty tough schedule and I suppose the best we can hope for is that the games are entertaining even if they do end up in a loss.

Belfast Giants x 3
Coventry Blaze x2
Sheffield Steelers x2
Nottingham Panthers x 2
Hull Stingrays x1
Dundee Stars x1

I don't subscribe to this view that we were being strung along about signing an import, for whatever reason things don't seem to have worked out on the import front but hopefully the Brits we've called up and already have can continue to play well :)
Spot on we havent been strung along, its just as frustrating for the coach and team unfortunately.

Finny

If people want a tougher team next season then fine. But then we will have people complaining that we won't be competitive enough.

However, I think the last couple of seasons have proved that whilst we are in the BBT we won't have the finances to challenge for the league title but may be able to up our games enough for the cup or playoffs. So perhaps it would be best to go back a couple of years in terms of recruitment and sign a physical team which will dominate games in our own rink but get exposed away from home.

Of course that will then mean some fans complain about our away form, but either way you can't keep everyone happy.

KaneDevils

We could have a physical, entertaining, trophy winning roster for the next 5 seasons.

But until the car parks pot holes are filled .......

The golden question for me is this: Will people ever stop moaning?
The inferNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !

:RAWK

Gazza272

I think the coaching staff have been given a massive pass this year due to other issues. And personally I think the fans being so nice about things in regards to G,Franny and the team may well have added to the team being complaceant this year.

I think we need to look at a few things this year which have not come down to the lack of players:

Shipping goals - Whether it be Osaer or Whitley in goals we have consistently been conceeding 2 or more a game. In fact I'm usually surprised if we have conceeded less than 3 this year.

Goals very soon after we score - so many times this year teams have replied immediately after we have scored. It has killed our momentum, it happens once or twice a year but for me our team has had major concentration issues this year.

Elimination from the Challenge Cup - We had our destiny in our hands and we threw it away. We have always been a better cup team over the years. This year we showed no heart in this competition (something which i feel has also spilled into our league campaign)

Letting teams bully us - Every time I have watched us this year I have been looking for a player to give us a jump by doing something, anything to spark some heart or spine into some of the other players. Our team this year have constantly looked at each other waiting for someone to step up with no one to do it. Marsh being the only one I have seen who has wanted to do it. But all year we have needed someone to look after him as well. When we did in Biz I dont think it is any surprise our results increased.

I think if our team cannot take criticism on here then that is a problem within itself. Let's seperate Business from the team for a change and critique honestly.

I think G and Franny should stay in charge, but I think even they have to (and would) admit that even before recruitment problems we have fallen well short this year.

KaneDevils

I think G and Franny should stay in charge, but I think even they have to (and would) admit that even before recruitment problems we have fallen well short this year.
4th place! Behind 3 arena teams with limitless funds and 3 spare imports apiece (or is it 4?)

Deeds didn't work out, nor did Milam. Mac injured, Max injured (not the same player) Scarborough injured, Hill injured, Osaer leaving. People constantly attacking PR, slagging off G, suggesting Pope was being lined up to be our new coach.

4th place is beginning to look rather admirable.

Gazza272

KaneDevils said:
4th place! Behind 3 arena teams with limitless funds and 3 spare imports apiece (or is it 4?)

Deeds didn't work out, nor did Milam. Mac injured, Max injured (not the same player) Scarborough injured, Hill injured, Osaer leaving. People constantly attacking PR, slagging off G, suggesting Pope was being lined up to be our new coach.

Deeds not working out isnt a back office issue though is it? neither is Milam turning up and being Pony. In fact both of those players tie into my point. Deeds showed flashes of being a real protector of Mac and Blight on the first line yet was immediately bumped to the third line again.

Also the injuries you mention have only just happened, if you look at all my examples they stem from the very beginning of the season. Again I think we are giving too free a pass to the on ice guys this year.

We need to learn a lot from this years team to be a better team next season. Brushing it under the carpet and brandishing it as bad luck simply is not going to cut it. 4th place is admirable to a point I agree, but we dont we want it to be better? because imo it could have been.

KaneDevils said:

I agree being 4th place isnt a bad position to be in but... osaer leaving wasnt his choice
pr being attacked... not sure what that has to do with performance
g being attacked... by who? devils fans hero is all i've seen. And again not performance related.

Thread starter #18
4th place I think will be a great achievement!

It is still nice to see the fans turning up to matches and the majority shouting for their team

All I'm saying is that we haven't won anything for the last couple of seasons, as the saying goes, always the bridesmaid never the bride.

I think a little shake up would be healthy for the club, obviously not now as our season is over, but come summer maybe?

Gazza272

redtilldead said:
not won anything for a couple of years :?: don't think we won the challenge cup 3 years ago, feels more like ( without checking ) about 8, finny'll know .

Our last trophy was won in 2007 the knockout cup. Challenge cup was the year before in 2006.