Challenge cup final

Diafol

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/17151954

Sport on the BBC: The best of this week's action

Sunday, 6 March

15:45-18:30, Ice Hockey - Challenge Cup Final: Nottingham v Cardiff, online & selected Connected TVs

Which probably means Smart TVs only and not via Sky or Freeview.
There's a fair few people going to be disappointed if that's the case. Shame.

Gospel

This game is not going to be on the red button. If your hoping for that, your going to be out of luck. Its only going to be streamed online from the BBC website.

Unfortunately can't get the free online BBC in France as BBC iPlayer only able to be used while in UK. Any Boffins out there that know a way round this please. If not where is the Webcast available. Thanks

CornwallTaffy said:
Unfortunately can't get the free online BBC in France as BBC iPlayer only able to be used while in UK. Any Boffins out there that know a way round this please. If not where is the Webcast available. Thanks
Try running through a VPN such as HMA - that should so the trick

Kal

Another easy way is to get the Hola extension for Chrome. Set it to UK and you shouldn't have any problems. It functions the same as HMA I just know people have found it a lot easier to setup and use than other VPN providers like HMA.

Annoying that it is now only online. I possibly might be back to watch it. I notice that cycling is what is on the red button. No offence meant to cycling but how many people go and watch cycling compared to ice hockey every week. You would think for once us hockey fans get something.

august04

Glover said:
Annoying that it is now only online. I possibly might be back to watch it. I notice that cycling is what is on the red button. No offence meant to cycling but how many people go and watch cycling compared to ice hockey every week. You would think for once us hockey fans get something.
How many Olympic gold medals have GB ice hockey won? One - but that was in 1936!
If it's a toss up between cycling and ice hockey on the Beeb, it's a no brainer which sport will be given priority. I can't stand cycling but it's one of GB's most prominent sporting successes in recent times, with Olympic glory, Tour de France success etc. The number of cyclists that you see on the road every weekend suggests that participation is very strong too. I'm just happy that hockey is on the Beeb somewhere, and I hope in time that can open other doors for hockey on mainstream TV.

august04 said:
Glover said:
How many Olympic gold medals have GB ice hockey won? One - but that was in 1936!
If it's a toss up between cycling and ice hockey on the Beeb, it's a no brainer which sport will be given priority. I can't stand cycling but it's one of GB's most prominent sporting successes in recent times, with Olympic glory, Tour de France success etc. The number of cyclists that you see on the road every weekend suggests that participation is very strong too. I'm just happy that hockey is on the Beeb somewhere, and I hope in time that can open other doors for hockey on mainstream TV.
I get what you're saying but sport isn't all about winning. If sports coverage was decided by winning we wouldn't have any international football. I was just saying that thousands of fans attend and pay to watch professional hockey every week (not including NHL TV watchers) and I thought for once we could have some TV coverage.

Ook said:
CornwallTaffy said:
Try running through a VPN such as HMA - that should so the trick
Belated thanks for the info. I downloaded a SAFERVPN trial period of several hours.
The result was excellent. I saw all the game with only a small amount of buffering.
Unfortunately as we all know the result didn't go our way but it was exciting to watch and being in France with MNL alongside, I was able to get totally involved.
So thanks again

pjj365

august04 said:
Glover said:
There is snother issue.

UK sport has a finite end point with draws signifying the end - this is not true of hockey. Therefore to show a full game the subsequent scheduling needs to be flexible ((just look at what is scheduled after an FA Cup Final). I would suggest this mitigates against any live mainstream broadcast

Highlights and edited full games are another matter and I agree we deserve more coverage

Temme

pjj365 said:
UK sport has a finite end point with draws signifying the end - this is not true of hockey. Therefore to show a full game the subsequent scheduling needs to be flexible ((just look at what is scheduled after an FA Cup Final). I would suggest this mitigates against any live mainstream broadcast

Highlights and edited full games are another matter and I agree we deserve more coverage
I tend to disagree with this, there are many sports in the UK that have no definite finish point.

Tennis
Golf
Cricket
Snooker
Darts
.... basically anything that isn't football/rugby.

Scheduling for a hockey game should be no problem at all.