Challenge Cup Final

matbur

Have said this for several seasons, so absolutely no bitterness on my part towards Belfast, but having three different trophies being passed around so few competing clubs is frankly embarrassing.

The format itself has obvious flaws and I'd argue there's no real prestige to the competition by the time the season ends. The Challenge Cup's main function is to bring in revenue for the clubs.

They should just incorporate the allocated fixture dates into the league season, where the points and records would at least be meaningful.

The EIHL is starting to feel incredibly stale and some of those underlying factors are beyond the league board's control in fairness, but this is something they can do something about.

Swarley

I don't see why they don't have it so top 4 teams from last season are blocked from it and have the remaining teams play for it instead, then redo the playoff format and have it as a proper playoff series instead of a weekend of luck

kettdevil1

I don't see why they don't have it so top 4 teams from last season are blocked from it and have the remaining teams play for it instead, then redo the playoff format and have it as a proper playoff series instead of a weekend of luck
Sadly will never happen given the availability of arenas

lloyd_jeff

We play so few teams so many times every venue must feel like a home venue. The only way forward & will never happen is to create our own European competition with willing countries that aren't too far away.