Challenge cup final

Discussion in 'Cardiff Devils & EIHL chat' started by Ashley Durrant, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Ashley Durrant

Ashley Durrant New Member

anyone know what time faceoff will be?

2. Wannabe2

Wannabe2 Well-Known Member

6pm mate

3. Ashley Durrant

Just wanted to check before attempting to get tickets as I thought last year was 4pm for some reason?

4. Ocko

Ocko Well-Known Member

6pm is right but hasn't it been earlier in previous years? The original press release it was in Cardiff also said 4pm.

Makes no odds to me I just think cup finals should be an afternoon thing not evening. 6pm also makes it impossible for so many Giants fans. It rules out coming for people who have to be in work or school Monday, now you have to stay Sunday night if you want to attend. An afternoon faceoff at least gives them the chance to catch a late flight.

5. Ashley Durrant

I live in London so would be much happier with a 4pm, especially on a Sunday.

6. kristian

kristian Member

Belfast are playing home the night before so that may have been a factor in the time

7. kettdevil1

kettdevil1 Well-Known Member

Another vote for 4pm..... if it is 6pm then we won’t be out of the place till 9 or so and with the drive back and work the next day, this is a pain.

Having said that, if we win, I will forget all about this!!

Ashley Durrant likes this.
  8. Snogdogs

Snogdogs Member

Last year was 4 pm, which was brilliant, shame it's 6pm, school and work next, 75 moles trip home, would prefer 4pm

9. BostonBart22

BostonBart22 Active Member

Think it' to do with flights from Belfast on the Sunday. ..Couldn't expect Belfast to jump on a plane straight after their game Saturday night and play a final.. they will probably have a workout on the heels as well b4 final

10. Jones72

Jones72 Active Member

I’ll be flying back home from France that afternoon. 6pm is perfect, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. trapped

trapped Member

Well... that was a frustrating process. I managed to get them into my basket for the payment to fail on me twice.... Ah well.

Looking for two or three tickets together (preferably 3) for the cup final. Please PM me if you have any for sale.

Ashley Durrant likes this.
  12. Ashley Durrant

Same! I had three in basket and it crashed

13. Ashley Durrant

Looking for one, two or three tickets

14. kingmo19.1

kingmo19.1 Active Member

What a mare! Website continually crashing. By the time I could get anything in my basket the tickets had gone and I only wanted 1 for my lad.

15. osh

osh Well-Known Member

Likewise, I managed to get onto the website almost immediately after 12.oopm, selected 2 seats and they just wouldn’t go to basket. Considering there were 1000 seats available and I managed to access the site immediately, I cannot see how they sold out within 5 minutes, very very frustrating and something not right in my opinion.

ASHIPP likes this.
  16. fried egg

fried egg Active Member

That's what happened to me too.

17. pjj365

pjj365 Active Member

970 season ticket holder tickets sold face to face yesterday

Today's release was anticipated to about 1000 - 500 held back plus Giants allocation not sold

Any reserved STs not sold after 5pm Thursday will be released for general sale

BTW I bought yesterday but still not had tickets mailed to me Waiting to hear from Devils

18. revilo

revilo New Member

Same here, had two great seats together but failed at basket stage, then a mixture of hanging and crashing, same thing happened last year if I recall. Eventually got a couple of single in the same block. In fact, due to the confusion, I have one extra single that my wife got which I can pass on to someone at face value!

Liam Paget likes this.
  19. RTfarty

RTfarty Active Member

Same experience for me.. 3 tickets in the bag, entered payment details and it timed out. I would imagine it's to do with how the third party application handles bookings - in an ideal world there would be a queuing system in place that would allow those who make it through enough time to select a seat and proceed with their booking. I suspect the one currently used is a bit of a free-for-all.. meaning people potentially pick the same seat as others, with one being quicker to the checkout.

20. Liam Paget

Liam Paget New Member

Hi bud. Sent you a message!