Challenge Cup final to be held in Sheffield

How do the tickets work with this? I noticed they went on sale tomorrow, but I can only assume that's just the general section?

I'd love to head over anyway as I'm currently in Manchester studying, but I wouldn't want to buy a neutral area ticket on the off chance that the Devils got there...

Stupid ticketing system if you ask me. :DWD

I think we had a debate last season about where the cc final is held?
Surely it makes sense to have it somewhere like the skydome where they hold roughly 2000 seats??

If devils,dundee,caps,blaze,braehead,fife,hull or even belfast make the final you can guarantee there will be no more than 800 traveliling fans!
If nottingham get there and sheffiled then fair enough but thats such a disadvntage to the other teams...

1000 tickets per team is enough for a one off final dont you think??

Gaz G

Alternatively it could just be left alone as it is. If you get to the final surely it would be better to have it over 2 legs and each team make some sort of profit out of it?

If other teams fans want to watch it they will more than likely do so anyway. I for one won't give a monkeys about watching it if we aren't in the final.

Wannabe2

Gaz G said:
Alternatively it could just be left alone as it is. If you get to the final surely it would be better to have it over 2 legs and each team make some sort of profit out of it?

If other teams fans want to watch it they will more than likely do so anyway. I for one won't give a monkeys about watching it if we aren't in the final.
Amen to that, our awesome experience of winning it at home would never have happened under this stupid decision, you make the final, you should reap the rewards, not somebody else.

Ocko

I don't agree with it but I'm sure I read or listened somewhere that Todd was all for this and was an advocate of it. Given his Midas touch, I'd imagine there was some logic behind it changing.

DevilDom

Unless the plan is to move the venue for the final each year it is a rubbish decision IMO. As has been said if the final involves anyone other than Panthers and/or Steelers they will struggle to sell a thousand tickets. If Steelers make it is a massive unfair advantage (just like the playoffs are for Panthers).

Think they should have just left it as it was to be honest.

DevilDom

Sheincar said:
http://www.eliteleague.co.uk/challenge-cup-draw--p195134
This is going from bad to worse! Drawing the semi finals before we are even sure of the quarter final places? Amateur beyond belief.

What are the odds that Sheffield and Nottingham are kept apart until a potential final? :evil:

DevilDom said:
Sheincar said:
This is going from bad to worse! Drawing the semi finals before we are even sure of the quarter final places? Amateur beyond belief.

What are the odds that Sheffield and Nottingham are kept apart until a potential final? :evil:

They just never learn, the league revolves around Sheffield and Nottingham, perhaps we should drop to 8 teams and they can just play each other every week

jodysstillagirlsname said:
DevilDom said:
Sheincar said:

They just never learn, the league revolves around Sheffield and Nottingham, perhaps we should drop to 8 teams and they can just play each other every week
Its totally unfair but to be expected..more income for arena teams...fact of life until somebody mans up and challenges the status quo...maybe rumours of an chucking oot Steelers and Panthers would rock the boat..bring in Telford and some other team...

Ocko

They haven't had a good game for years. Sheffield are an effective team and have been for a number of seasons, but they are so dull. There is nothing about them, so overhyped by Simms and their awful local rag.

We have a bigger rivalry with Belfast and used to with Coventry than theirs with Nottingham. Since Niecker got his revenge and handed Allison a one sided beatdown after the bench clearance there has been nothing in the games - that was well over 10 years ago now. Since then it has just been a self proclaimed big rivalry - nothing more.

Koop11

What are you talking about, Sheffield v Nottingham is the biggest rivalry in European hockey!

So says Simms.........Zzzzzzz

Earnie

I just don't get the logic for this move.
If it turns out to be Nottingham v Sheffield then yes it makes sense.
If neither of those teams are in the final then it is going to be a fairly empty barn!

Why would it be empty? I can think of numerous other sports that have finals at venues not close to either team:
Rugby League Challenge cup, Rugby Union European cup, Champions league final etc, etc
Minor sports: BBL- Field hockey, lower league rugby union and football