CDRA Open letter

DevilDom

KaneDevils said:
I have watched the video linked on page one, I don't hear PR mention the 20 fans as keeps being mentioned. He does say a minority, which, to be fair it is.
See, that's what I hate, I heard this, my mate saw that. Anyone can post anything to try and back up a story, a rumour, or an opinion. Stick to what's real and then we all know the score.
no point watching one video and saying he didn't say it then so he couldn't have said it!

If I recall the 1st time he referred to the "20" was on twitter. He then mentioned it again in a later interview. He also called some devils fans cretins on twitter and asked others if they were Steelers fans in disguise. Not really what you expect when refeering to your customer base is it?

KaneDevils

I don't use Twitter. If he said that then he's unprofessional and a bit of a prat. I didn't say hes never mentioned the "20", just that he doesn't in that particular video. Still nothing to warrant me missing out on watching my favourite sport.
Let's be fair, some devils fans are cretins. There's good and bad in all walks of life. :D

Chris

Administrator
He also called some devils fans cretins on twitter and asked others if they were Steelers fans in disguise. Not really what you expect when refeering to your customer base is it?
I thought the cretins bit came from the mistaken belief that DevilsPete was actually Paul Ragan in disguise?

Could be wrong, never followed Ragan so I might just have missed whatever it was he said.

DevilDom

There have been that many instances of what in most companies would be unacceptable behaviour towards customers i can't honestly remember. That's what I just don't get he constantly refers to the Devils as a business but then breaks one of the most important rules of business by insulting his customers. We might be fans but we are also his customers.

Sheincar said:
Mooney#16 said:
[quote="toy_car_uk
I fear it is start of a downward spiral and as others in the community start to drift away it will ultimately lead to the demise of the Cardiff Devils.
But is this a problem in mentality of the #devilsoutside. Your quantifying your monetary contribution to the club of great importance to the extent there is a belief if you all walk the club will fall apart and die. Is this really the case. In reality would the club simply carry on without you. The belief you have a powerful bargining position might be what drives it but it might be a belief that stretches reality.

As I have said. Why not come to play for real and if the 100 are serious group together and offer to take up an equity stake in the club. Have your voice and influenece heard from within the club then not protesting outside it. As Finny said he has had opportunities to speak to Directors at City but its because he is a share holder. In all seriousness has anyone ever spoken to Ragan about a fans equity share offer and investment as you might gain more supporters than 100 if that was on the
cards.
Funnily enough was thinking about that yesterday. :)

When Bob was in charge he called a fans forum, announced that there were financial difficulties &
inviting people to put £500 in to tide the club over & that £500 would cover a ST for the following 2 years. I honoured my part of the deal & so did Bob. It really says something that I would not entertain the same deal with Ragan.[/quote]

He knows, he just has a call centre owner mentality. There is only one view, his view and it is the right view.

He just has no idea how to run a minor sports club, has little or no people skills and a very limited business ability.

Needs a little more than luck in this game. :pickle

Skippy

Ocko said:
The biggest protest will be when over a thousand fans go missing against Belfast.
Wouldn't that be more down to the score after the away leg ?

I don't think you can really call not going to non season ticket largely already decided fixture a form of protest.

I'd agree if you said common sense

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

drainage

skippy said:
Ocko said:
The biggest protest will be when over a thousand fans go missing against Belfast.
Wouldn't that be more down to the score after the away leg ?

I don't think you can really call not going to non season ticket largely already decided fixture a form of protest.

I'd agree if you said common sense

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Tend to agree if I don't go it's down to the score rather than anything else or possibly work!

I diont think people should be accounting for everyone's views or actions in a sweeping statement!

As an adult I am responsible for my own views actions opinions and thoughts!!

my self ,wife and daughter will be at the return ,win or lose ,not much we can do . so we will have some dishwater pi coffee ,overheated pi pasties,a soggy hot dog and then have a good shout,,,,,and i can go outside in the breaks ,without wife and daughter saying too many cigars dad,,,,,and then come home and turn on the marshalls rock on fans....

drainage

fenderbassman said:
my self ,wife and daughter will be at the return ,win or lose ,not much we can do . so we will have some dishwater pi coffee ,overheated pi pasties,a soggy hot dog and then have a good shout,,,,,and i can go outside in the breaks ,without wife and daughter saying too many cigars dad,,,,,and then come home and turn on the marshalls rock on fans....
That's the spirit ! I think I am on the road to the heady sights of Leeds or Leicester!