Cardiff Satans ENL2 at home this Saturday

Re: Re: Cardiff Satans ENL2 at home this Saturday

TheStub said:
shoes_off said:
It would help if we could somehow boost attendances at ENL games. I've been to a few this season and enjoyed them all...but you rarely get more than 100 home fans in attendance.

Obviously, season ticket holders get discounted ENL tickets, but maybe some sort other deal (i.e. 5 games for the price of 3), or 6 o clock face offs on Sundays would help :?:
I've been thinking about something similar - an ENL flext ticket if you like.

I was thinking buy 5 get 6th free. All it needs is a numbered sheet that you stamp out the games attended.

My big problem is the distance. It is a long drive, and doing an ENL game on the same weekend as an Elite fixture costs an absolute fortune in petrol.
Something like this would get me off my bum and don't the rink for ENL games again.

TheStub

Flex tickets have two good advantages for a business:

1. You get the cash up front.
2. There is a good chance people will not make all the games ;)

Make it a decent promo - and people will buy them (me included probably). It is important to pack out the ENL games (as much as you can). It supports development and it allows the Senior team to sell to the fans.

Diafol

Really enjoy the ENL games when I can make it, it would be a sad day if the team folded.

The problem with low crowds I think is that taking in 2 games on a weekend can be difficult for most fans, and the Elite team will always take priority in those situations.

Maybe try and promote more family ticket deals - in these tough financial times the ENL can be a good way for fans to get a regular hockey fix if they can't afford Elite tickets every weekend.

I dont know how much it costs to run the ENL sides but an extra £10 on a season ticket would pull in a few quid.Did we have about 750 season tickets last year?That alone would bring in £7500,surely that would help.I know it's to late to do it this year but I would pay the extra without question.I think it would be tragic if we lost them.I get to as many ENL 1 and ENL 2 games as I can whch is not that many but if a season ticket was on offer to watch either for £50 I would jump at it.

It might not be a problem for you but I'm sure there are many people that may be slightly disgruntled at paying an extra £10 for a product they are not even truly receiving.

But you are recieving the benefits of it. No ENL then no Davies, Burrows, Harding, Piggott or any future british players. Other elite league teams have brought players in or turned to spare imports when they have had injuries this season whilst we have brought players in from our ENL team without cost.

dave

WelshHabsFan said:
I thought the ENL boys paid to play so with sponsorship aren't they largely self-funding? Just seeking clarification on that point .
Do not think they had much in the way of sponsorship at all last season.
Then there would be the paying for the new shirts and their own eqioment so if they did have some it would not have gone far at all.

The problem is that our ENL team is pretty much the only self funding team in the league with many of the other teams not only providing free hockey or equipment but paying their players. Whilst that does not mean we should change our focus from being a development team it does mean that keeping many of our better players in Cardiff is difficult when they recieve good offers to play for other ENL and EPL clubs. Neither is it realistic to expect many of the better players to pay monthly ice time fees and travel (ENL1 have a forty games season, with twenty games on the road) and stay in cardiff when they could play elsewhere for a wage. Whilst that may not be a concern to many it does highlight that if we want to continue producing talent like Ben Davies then the team needs all the support it can get.

ASHIPP

What can our fans do to help out and raise the profile of the ENL teams? Am sure if they need volunteers, many people will be happy to help out.

Can leaflet drops be organised like we did last year for the Elite team? Can they consider the viability of back-to-back home games? What about a ticket deal on both games?

For those who don't watch the ENL games, they are missing a real treat. Gritty and skilled young players showing grit and passion. Many of these will be the future of the Elite team set up. What an absolute tragedy it will be if this was jeopardised in any way. :evil:

we;ve been askin the question but nowt from the club, nothing new there then :x , this says to me, somethings up and it probubly aint good, if for wot ever reason we had to cut the enl 1, 2 or both, wot then for the u-18's, why bother joining the d c f you'll never play for the devils, wast of time and money for the mums, dads and the kids who's dreams to play for the devils would be but a dream. we as a club would then have to bring all our brits in from else ware, thay will have to be housed, payed a lot more than we pay for our home grown in there early years and thay will probs have to have a car, this will then have a knock on affect on the imports with not so much money to spend on them. it just can't happen i'm sure enl will continue but in wot form only time will tell, some one answer the phone, :x is there any one home :evil:

osh

Very frustrating period for all those involved with ENL teams. If they are unsure of their future it will be impossible to recruit for next season. I know nothing of what is involved or how the club are dealing with this ( or not as the case may be ), but surely there are some on here who are closer to the club than most who can ask the relevant questions that are obviously causing concern and need to be addressed. How have the club been involved in the past and what has changed to bring about this problem?

RTfarty

ENL have been fortunate enough to have one of their players produce decent posters and match night programmes, something that I don't think has been in place up until this season. Perhaps if we could somehow find a way of extending that promotion to colleagues and the people around us in the workplace/local community, that might help drum up support. Leaflet distribution would be a fantastic idea, maybe something could be done near the beginning of the season.. some kind of promotional offer perhaps (5 game pass?, special offers for families?)

I really hope this issue gets resolved, as without the ENL 1+2 set up, we would not have had the successful development of players such as the Ben Davies, Burrows, Piggotts, Hardings etc. Where will our U18's go without it? Rec hockey? and never realise their full potential. The odd superstar here and there will always be destined for the pro leagues, but look at Luke Piggott for example, 24 years old? Just breaking into the Elite League team! Without an ENL set up, he might never have had the opportunity to be where he is right now.

Kipper

Thread starter #34
There is a meeting taking place with the Devils on Saturday to find out exactly what their position is for next season and beyond.There are a group of individuals committed to ensure that Enl 1 and 2 hockey continues whether or not the Devils wish to support it.

As redtilldead rightly says, without opportunities for senior hockey why would parents pay out vast sums to allow their kids to play hockey, when at 18 they would have to leave the club. It is essential that the talent pipeline continues to flourish

Koop11

Forgive my ignorance here as admittedly my knowledge of the ENL set up is limited but back in BP’s final years, there was a huge dispute which saw the junior teams break away from the Devils as an organisation. I was under the impression that the junior teams were run independently albeit now there is an affiliation with the DCF. Is this still the case?

Either way, you would hope that the Devils organisation would do its upmost to support its future. Without youth development, you can kiss tara to the future of the club.

Kipper

Thread starter #36
Koop11 said:
Forgive my ignorance here as admittedly my knowledge of the ENL set up is limited but back in BP’s final years, there was a huge dispute which saw the junior teams break away from the Devils as an organisation. I was under the impression that the junior teams were run independently albeit now there is an affiliation with the DCF. Is this still the case?

Either way, you would hope that the Devils organisation would do its upmost to support its future. Without youth development, you can kiss tara to the future of the club.
It used to be run independently Paul. It has been managed by the DCF on licence from Cardiff Junior Ice Hockey Club since the Matt Burge days.

dave

Kip
What are the options..is it the full juniors (including the couple of clubs that are financed independantly) pulling away again if they do not get the level of support they need/rewuire or something else in the pipeline?

Koop11

Kipper said:
Koop11 said:

It used to be run independently Paul. It has been managed by the DCF on licence from Cardiff Junior Ice Hockey Club since the Matt Burge days.
Cheers Dave

Kipper

Thread starter #39
dave said:
Kip
What are the options..is it the full juniors (including the couple of clubs that are financed independantly) pulling away again if they do not get the level of support they need/rewuire or something else in the pipeline?
The options are to either carry on as things are with all the Juniors and both ENL teams being managed by DCF.Alternatively, if DCF don't wish to expose themselves to a perceived financial risk involved with the ENL teams, then they can be managed independently by a group of volunteers who have made themselves available for this if necessary.