Cardiff Satans ENL2 at home this Saturday

Kipper

Thread starter #1
If you need your hockey fix this weekend, Cardiff Satans host Basingstoke Buffalo in ENL Div 2 at the tent. 7pm face off.

is this the final game for e.n.l. 2 ?, looks like they will be no more,
also questions hanging over e.n.1 also,
if this is the case thank's boys for years of great entertainment,, :cry:

yes, tell us more or someone that knows either way, with out enl ware will the next generation of devils come from :?: i did here a coment over the play off w/end in notts but took no notice as enl and dcf go hand in hand, don't thay :?:

Ger-Devils

If they did go, the Elite team would be lost as the Brits are the core of the team so the development with the ENL is needed.

Just hope they don't go as the work over the last 6 years will go out the window

Paul Sullivan

The achievements of the EIHL Devils in the last two seasons would never have happened without the ENL setup.

I sincerely hope the ENL teams are not decommissioned or ruined for reasons not based in hockey. God forbid we had to pray that players could make the leap from U18's to EIHL, to say nothing of where the majority of Juniors would expect to play once they matriculate from the U18s. Without the ENL where would they go?

And where would we find the next Sam Smith, Ben Davies Adam Harding, Luke Piggott, Tim Burrows et al from?

Worrying times if rumours are to be believed.

I suggets someone needs to ask Brent or Paul Ragan that question. I hope it doesnt have anything to do with money. I understand that the ENL teams have to be financed but I hope they take into consideration the import wages they have saved by playing Harding, Luke and Burrows. Ultimately the DCF is a charity and not a for profit organisation and I would hate to think that the reason for considering releasing either or both ENL teams is based on them not making enough money. As I said, I understand that bills have to be paid but I hope that the elite league wages have that been saved are also taken into consideration.

I hope this isn't true. The ENL system is key to the Elites continued success. The drip feed of quality, passionate players coming up through the ranks has been a massive asset and the 2way flexibility we've had has been invaluable when injuries kick in. Can we really look to the U18s for injury cover? Or build a super solid relationship with Swindon or Bristol or similar to keep the guys coming through from age-grade playing at a reasonable level until they become Elite quality?

On a personal level I love going to the ENL games too, probably been to more ENL fixtures that Elites last season.

Kipper

Thread starter #13
Just to advise that discussions are ongoing with a view to securing the future of ENL1 and ENL2 hockey in Cardiff and to ensure the pipeline of future talent to the Elite League Devils can continue

Paul Sullivan

Absolutely it can't.

Having the right people in charge of the development of the future talent is vital. Worry about the players not the politics and it's the Devils (and the players) that benefit in the end.

Wannabe2

What this club cant afford to do is to let the finest academy in the whole country go down the pan, that would be stupidity at its greatest. We have been very very blessed in Cardiff at producing pure talent, from the Chinns and Stones, to the Davies's and the Hardings. Jesus we all would love to have the Clarkes, Myers Dowds etc in our squad, and that can be a reality in the not too distant future if we dont blow it, cant believe we are sitting on a pure gold mine and thinking of committing Hari Kari. This is Cardiff for heavens sake the home of homegrown talent, lets keep it that way or suffer the circumstances.

It would help if we could somehow boost attendances at ENL games. I've been to a few this season and enjoyed them all...but you rarely get more than 100 home fans in attendance.

Obviously, season ticket holders get discounted ENL tickets, but maybe some sort other deal (i.e. 5 games for the price of 3), or 6 o clock face offs on Sundays would help :?:

Last season I remember one occasion where the ENL team played a match straight after the EIHL team finished theirs. Of course this was not a financial boost because if you'd watched the Elite team you were just allowed to stay on.

This could happen more often I think; it was a great evening for me. It would be better still with earlier Elite start times - I was getting into my car at about 11pm in a Sunday night!

TheStub

Re: Re: Cardiff Satans ENL2 at home this Saturday

shoes_off said:
It would help if we could somehow boost attendances at ENL games. I've been to a few this season and enjoyed them all...but you rarely get more than 100 home fans in attendance.

Obviously, season ticket holders get discounted ENL tickets, but maybe some sort other deal (i.e. 5 games for the price of 3), or 6 o clock face offs on Sundays would help :?:
I've been thinking about something similar - an ENL flext ticket if you like.

I was thinking buy 5 get 6th free. All it needs is a numbered sheet that you stamp out the games attended.

My big problem is the distance. It is a long drive, and doing an ENL game on the same weekend as an Elite fixture costs an absolute fortune in petrol.