Cardiff Devils v Coventry Blaze - Tue 27 Dec 2016 - FO 7:30pm - Chat/Updates

Thread starter #1

With the game a sell out before Christmas you only choice is follow the game with MNL unique coverage or purchase the webcast as IceTime will be running a webcast for this game with all the details to be found @ http://www.icetime.tv :)

We will be be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game despite the continuing problems with mobile communications. As always expect name calling, slurs and bad jokes about keepers not being able to stop beach balls in epic proportions; all at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Texters are always needed so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206.

Rob Batch

I don't think we should allow Klotz to play in the manner he did last night. Sort him out first, then make Noble have a bad day ! Other than that, another solid Pro performance would do very nicely.

Wow That was a Roller Coaster. Well done Cardiff Devils. Absolutely out of breath following on mnl. Must have been heck of a game to have been at. Full Barn as well. Excellent

That win was due to Bordy hitting three chav players one after another and then running stewart; which no chav player wanted to do anything about. That got everybody else skating hard and playing with intensity. First two periods were the same as the Manchester game. Guys, Lord is no coach and the quicker he is dressed for a game the better. Because we got out of jail and we are papering over widening cracks!!

august04

Take a bow Patrick Bordeleau....
After playing like a bunch of pussies for 2 periods, where Bordy was unforgivably stifled physically, he took that game by the scruff of the neck in the 3rd when we were 2 goals down. 2 or 3 unbelievable shifts where he caused havoc, hit everything that moved, created scoring chances for himself and his line mates and energised his team and the building - and swung the momentum of the game decisively. That's why he's here and he should be given free reign to do that whenever he likes. His frustration with Lord was there for all to see in the second and for the first time, I sensed some disquiet in the crowd as to the direction that Lord is taking this team. I love the way Lord plays but he's so conservative as a coach, almost afraid to let his team off the leash. I hope Lord took a clear message from the revitalised crowd in the 3rd - that's how we want to see this team play. When we play like that, nobody in this league can live with us.

Agreed Bordy effectively won the game for us! Those hits and the run at Stewart totally swung the momentum and gave every other player a much needed jump to their play! I like Lord but I do feel sometimes he isn't using Bordy to his full potential...after going 3-1 down Klotz ices next shift and you can see Bordy is itching to get on! A fight at this point of the game for me is what fights are about...swinging momentum! As it stands I believe we ice our least physical line and we have a 10 minute spell of dour trap hockey following! Next shift Bordy ices he is pumped...and we score!

Overall In the first I thought we were the better side and second we were poor, no one stank the place out; Bowns made some good stops but let a couple in he'd want back, hotham made a few weak defensive plays and the otherwise solid louis had a disaster on their second goal! I thought Gleason Fournier stood out today as did Doucet and as always Hadad! Although it wasn't productive tonight I think Hadad would suit that top line with Asselin and Martin given time...with mo or Douc they lack maybe someone to win the puck along the boards givimg space...Haddad is possibly our best player at this without giving up much skill wise!

All in all a thrilling game and happy with a 4 point weekend! We need to build on this and inject a consistency to our game; to play every period like the third is sadly unrealistic but the contrasting slump for 15 minutes or what not in the second should be eradicated.

Last edited:

Wannabe2

Well what can you say about that game tonight, okay first period but boring, suicidal second period, and a third period to die for. Bordy like a wild dog begging to be let off the leash, and ending up a game changer, Bentovolia like a man possessed, it looked like the puck was never going to go in at all in the third. Massive shout out to Joey Martin, God how good is this guy. But unfortunately this game was enjoyable for about 16 out of 60 minutes, and that's not clever by any standards. Massive crowd which I thought were going to go home well cheesed off, but cometh the time cometh the team, the biggest frustration about this team is when they decide to really play, they are so bloody good, but when they appear to be half arsed they really are dire. The team now coming up on the inside are the Giants, our games against them are going to be huge, so tonight 4 unanswered goals got us out of jail again, I am still waiting with baited breath to see my team come out from the get go, and hit everyone except the hot dog seller, and put our stamp on a game from the first minute. So at the end of the day a very entertaining 16 minutes, and two very important points.

I was told there was an exchange of views on the bench between Bordeleau and Lord after Bordy got his assist. Bordy wanted to go with Klotz staight after but Lord benched him to the dramatic dissatisfaction of #58.

Lord makes decisions from the bench which stunts this team; non contact physical hockey.

backrow

The 3rd period became very interesting as the Devils basically went with ever changing 3 lines with different players sliding in with Martin ans Asselin as well as Ulmer and Bentivoglio. Somehow, Culli and Doucette got out together during a 4 on 4 and Culli made a great play and pass to Doucette for the 4th goal and the Devils kept on rolling.
The Devils energy and the physicality of Bordeleau dominated the Blaze all through the 3rd and I'm sure the fans want to see more of it.

Jonesy83

What a mad game to be at. The first 10 mins we came out well, the final 10 minutes of the first period and the whole second period where absolute rubbish and that's being unfair to the word rubbish.

But bloody hell that third period was something to behold. As I'm sure many are thinking, why can't we play like that constantly.

For me Bordeleau is an absolute gem for this team. Absolutely none of the Coventry players wanted to have anything to do with him tonight. Watching him crush Jorgensen tonight, twice, was a thing of beauty. The second one in particular was brutal and was directly in front of me. Jorgensen struggled to get up after it, first attempt his legs buckled. It frustrates me he doesn't get more ice time and it looked like it was frustrating him tonight as well.

All in all I was very happy with the response in the third period, it shows what this team can do, I just wish they would do it more consistently.

Great end to the game and good to get the 4 points but I can't for the life of me understand why lord and the team make it so hard for themselves, Bordy won us that 2 points tonight, I thought him and Lord we're going to go at it on the bench tonight.

I hope Lord doesn't come out in his post match interview and mention anything about lack of jump or spark because he had a guy there chomping at the bit, foaming at the mouth to do something when we went 3-1 down and he put him on the leash.

Anyway 4 points, good win and for Christ sake let Bordeleau free lordo