Cardiff Devils v Belfast Giants - Sun 6pm - Chat/Updates

are you referring to the time when the whole country was under snow. Nice comment but it aint going to wash.

with so many excuses/reasons that belfast waited for thornton as he was coming out of hospital or flight was cancelled. whatever reasons it wasnt as if it was for bad weather..........

osh

ASHIPP; Best summary of the game I've read. Sometimes you have to win ugly and that's exactly what we did on Sunday. We were dire for 2 and a half periods and can be thankfull that Stevie Lyle was on top of his game. Our power play was less than useless, our passing was woefull yet our determination was there to be seen, we won albeit in a poor game, but those are the sort of games we would have lost last season. Having seen Belfast twice at home, we now know how we have to play to counter their spoiling tactics. Aslo not forgetting that we were a 1st line centre down.

Finny

DWD said:
:lol: Genius.

Remind me Finny. When we all turned up to the Odyssey a couple of seasons ago to find the game delayed, then postponed due to Cardiff's cancelled flight... how many points did the "league deduct" from your team? ;)
Cancelled flights are not a team's fault. Opting not to catch the planned flight and getting an alternative flight later is a team's fault.

osh

DWD said:
Finny said:
Hopefully the League will dock Belfast 2 points for the flights farce, though I doubt it.
Remind me Finny. When we all turned up to the Odyssey a couple of seasons ago to find the game delayed, then postponed due to Cardiff's cancelled flight... how many points did the "league deduct" from your team? ;)
Finny, you end a decent post with such a poor statement. Why would the league deduct 2 points when circumstances delay a team's arrival ?? So, let's say they get deducted 2 points ( despite the fact that they have eventualy turned up ) all the costs they have incurred, play the game, and then find out they have been deducted 2 points, you're not serious for one minute are you ?
If that happened, they could easily just not turn up next time ( if the game meant nothing ) save on all their overhead costs for flights etc etc, is that what you'd like to see ?

Finny said:
Cancelled flights are not a team's fault. Opting not to catch the planned flight and getting an alternative flight later is a team's fault.
but they didnt opt not to catch a flight. they were at the airport from 7am.

Finny

osh said:
Finny, you end a decent post with such a poor statement. Why would the league deduct 2 points when circumstances delay a team's arrival ?? So, let's say they get deducted 2 points ( despite the fact that they have eventualy turned up ) all the costs they have incurred, play the game, and then find out they have been deducted 2 points, you're not serious for one minute are you ?
If that happened, they could easily just not turn up next time ( if the game meant nothing ) save on all their overhead costs for flights etc etc, is that what you'd like to see ?
So where do you draw the line? 1 hour. 2 hours. A day?
Perhaps we will find out that Smith's injury will be good enough for him to play Sunday, but not Saturday. We could always miss our flight to Belfast on the Saturday and then fly out on the Wednesday to play Belfast then?

Jacko said:
3 seperate flights were cancelled, again its hardly the giants fault?
Is that true though?

Seems quite odd that 3 flights were cancelled, even more so on a fairly average day

Maybe 1 or even 2 in certain circumstances... but 3 :eek:

I'm prepared to be shot down if this can be proved, but it's to much of a coincidence if you ask me... it seems much more believable that the team were waiting up untill the last minute for Thornton.

And I'm sure you have probably recieved this information from a very reliable source close to or within the club, but they obviously wouldn't tell anyone that they were waiting on a player and missed the flight... because they could get into serious trouble with the league.

Scott.

thornton was in hospital and was due to join the team later. 2 flights were cancelled and one was seriously delayed. And the weather was fine in Cardiff but visability in Belfast was as poor as about 10-15minutes. one of the yellow coats down at the bay was telling me his better half was coming over from belfast for the game and her flight was also delayed by 2 or so hours. she still managed to get here before the giants mind :lol: :lol:

osh

Finny said:
osh said:
So where do you draw the line? 1 hour. 2 hours. A day?
Perhaps we will find out that Smith's injury will be good enough for him to play Sunday, but not Saturday. We could always miss our flight to Belfast on the Saturday and then fly out on the Wednesday to play Belfast then?

Where do you draw the line you ask. You draw the line if a team just doesn't turn up for any good reason. Belfast did turn up and the game was played. Now, if we miss our flight to Belfast on Saturday, the points should be given to Belfast ( as they should have been given to us last week had Belfast not shown up ! ) A genuine reason has to be given for postponing a game, and no matter who the individual is, any player being injured should not be the resaon for a game being cancelled. More importantly, a team who are found to have deliberately avoided travelling for a game, should forfeit the points and receive a substantial fine to stop it happening again. But let's not forget that Belfast did turn up ( We've done the same in the past ) the game was played, and we took the points, I can't see what all the fuss is about.

rolf

never mind the league points, we should be looking to FINE plant ice for the extra refreshments they benefitted from during this delay. that would allow us a bit more in the wage cap for the missing link and also compensate all the fat bastards like me who went hungry after all the food ran out earlier than normal..............