Cardiff Devils v Belfast Giants - Sun 6pm - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We're hoping to run Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

Devils are likely to be missing Mark Smith through injury, and the Giants are down 2 or 3 players through injury.

Hopefully we can continue our recent form and pick up another win :)

Chris.

Gazza272

Not Chris obviously :lol:

But as far as i am aware Faubert is definatly out. Awada is out but has been replaced by Szwecz (sp?) Thornton i believe is back playing.

Think Nathan Craze played last night so murphy might be struggling also.

taken from the giants site

steve thornton went to hospital last night for an x-ray on his foot after stopping the puck with
his foot
he will be looked at by the medical staff and they will decied if he plays or not today

Gazza272

gandl said:
taken from the giants site

steve thornton went to hospital last night for an x-ray on his foot after stopping the puck with
his foot
he will be looked at by the medical staff and they will decied if he plays or not today

Be a big loss for The Giants if he is out.

Either way wiht Belfast playing last night and them being down as many players as us, there shouldnt be any excuses for us this evening.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #11
Well, we're live with MNL, but seems Belfast only recently landed in Bristol so game is still delayed for an hour or so...

Chris.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #12
For the visitors who are all lurking :)

Brent Pope just announced that they're hoping for the Giants to arrive in approximately 15minutes, so I guess we're looking at a 7:00-7:30pm face off.

Chris.

kettdevil1

Reminds me of the Cup game against Durham many years ago. They were delayed due to bad weather and a 6.30 face off turned into a 10.30 face off.

Everyone spent the intervening time in the old WNIR bar. The atmosphere wants the game finally faced off was increasingly surreal as it became clear that the vast majority of the crowd were rather the worse for wear!

voth26

what are the league going to do about this farce tonight!! really hope voth thumps 7 shades of crap out of mcsorrow(i think he really is a sad git who has to justify his place on the roster by continually bragging how tough he is but cant actually play the game that well and exists by mainly fighting) :x :evil:

mazza03

Tonight was the worse playing I have seen from the Devils in a long time they were absolute rubbish, (we left at the end of the second it was so painful to watch) it was the Giants that were delayed and they played last night and we didn't, what on earth is wrong with the Devils tonight? they couldn't string a pass together, their PP was diabolical (sp) terrible, terrible show. :evil:

kettdevil1

mazza03 said:
Tonight was the worse playing I have seen from the Devils in a long time they were absolute rubbish, (we left at the end of the second it was so painful to watch) it was the Giants that were delayed and they played last night and we didn't, what on earth is wrong with the Devils tonight? they couldn't string a pass together, their PP was diabolical (sp) terrible, terrible show. :evil:

The sign of a good team though? Winning when playing badly?

drainage

kettdevil1 said:
Reminds me of the Cup game against Durham many years ago. They were delayed due to bad weather and a 6.30 face off turned into a 10.30 face off.

Everyone spent the intervening time in the old WNIR bar. The atmosphere wants the game finally faced off was increasingly surreal as it became clear that the vast majority of the crowd were rather the worse for wear!
I was there !!! we left rink gone midnight .... seem to recollect drink ran out/short supply and am sure wandered to Golden Cross at some point!!

drainage

mazza03 said:
Had to leave at end of second as have to be up at 5 but tend to agree they were shocking in parts - passing pants, PP pants , letting themselves be pushed around etc etc

McMorrow - what is his point , counted 5 shifts in 2 periods from him and constant goading from bench the guy is a joke !

mazza03 said:
I must agree with Mazza here. For the first time in 6 years of watching the Devils I left early this evening, after the 2nd period. Granted it was late starting, etc but such a bad performance by the team.

So we eventually went on to win the game but the team really have to take a good look at how they played this evening.