Cardiff Devils v Belfast Giants - Sat 14 Jan 2017 - League - FO 7pm

Ocko

Electro, so you think we can play against a very well coached team without a game plan or direction?

Who decides 1/2 man forecheck, trap, 2-1-2 PP, 1-3-1 PP?

Words fail me.

Rob Batch

It was Josh's birthday yesterday and he had to do 'Ladies Night'. I've no idea if that was fun for him or not . I imagine it was less fun for his girlfriend, but he is a team player ! Off topic again, unusual for me, ha ha! Wot was that religious thread about??

From how l read the game and re watching the highlights, which confirmed my original conclusion, is that we are lacking defensive and offensive awareness for far to long during shifts. This weirdly for me, I'm likely to not be able to fully convey my point, seems to explain why teams are failing to beat us during regulation time. Our passing is generally pretty impressive, when the shoots are released though it's either poorly taken or the opposition have had time too arrive in key locations, similarly at times for me our defence are in the wrong location.

Which is weird for players of there Calibre.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Makes perfect sense to me!

matbur

I wouldn't gas anyone, but I would like to see a player brought in to try and lift the guys up, add a bit of freshness and something new to the squad. In the big games we're struggling with secondary scoring, and it's only when there's a select handful of players in the ice that we look dangerous.

If the budget allows, here's one suggestion. He's looking for a club in Europe. I know a player of this calibre is a bit optimistic, but it's silly to say there's no one out there. Who would have guessed Ryan Russell to join us last year?
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=8816
I really can't see Mike Richards joining or us being able to meet his demands!

Electro

I really can't see Mike Richards joining or us being able to meet his demands!
Didn't he sign a $1,000,000 one yr contract with Washington Capitals.

No disrespect to our owners, but it took 5 of them to raise the funds to buy the Devils, l think they have limits.

kettdevil1

No disrespect to our owners, but it took 5 of them to raise the funds to buy the Devils, l think they have limits.

Off the top of my head wasn't that last year? Fairly sure he is on the market at the moment..... the point is a good one though, his Philly contracts would have been several times that and unless there is a non-financial reason to come over here, it ain't going to happen.

Nice to dream though

Electro

Last year yes, but unless those drugs he'd been taking did any long term mental damaged, I doubt he'd drop 96% of last yrs salary, even that 4% is probably pushing the Devils budget.

Wannabe2

Buying the club is the easy bit, having the funds to run it is quite another, obviously they have limits, it would be very irresponsible not to. Our owners are professional businessmen, they ain't here to throw good money down the drain, we have advanced leaps and Bowns over the last 2 seasons, and long may it continue.

JC23

I've tweeted ice time tv about putting up all the period break interviews on their YouTube channel but I never get a reply, I'd like to see them as I'm always at the games
I tweeted them about this right after the game too. Same as you though, unless it's about a webcast, never get a reply.

Gazza272

I've tweeted ice time tv about putting up all the period break interviews on their YouTube channel but I never get a reply, I'd like to see them as I'm always at the games

Hi Angus,

Your request has been noted. we were actually talking last night about improving the Youtube channel, and this is something we will very much be looking to implement.

We will also be looking to pick up the volume of Twitter replies. Again thank you for pointing this out, we are always looking to improve.

anything else you guys would like to see please feel free to ask and i can take this to the powers that be to see if we can do it.

Cheers,

Gareth.

Devil_Abroad

I think a weekly cooking programme - 'an hour with the boys talking hockey and making a mess in the kitchen' - though it could of course be challenging for Aled [emoji15]

Ocko

Hi Angus,

Your request has been noted. we were actually talking last night about improving the Youtube channel, and this is something we will very much be looking to implement.

We will also be looking to pick up the volume of Twitter replies. Again thank you for pointing this out, we are always looking to improve.

anything else you guys would like to see please feel free to ask and i can take this to the powers that be to see if we can do it.

Cheers,

Gareth.
A behind the scenes? Granted what goes on in the locker room stays in the locker room but it would be intersting to see the preparation; be it from the team, ice time, coaching, management. And then possibly from the bench and period breaks. How cool would mic'd up be too?

Like a low budget 'Behind the B' which the Bruins do.

JC23

A behind the scenes? Granted what goes on in the locker room stays in the locker room but it would be intersting to see the preparation; be it from the team, ice time, coaching, management. And then possibly from the bench and period breaks. How cool would mic'd up be too?

Like a low budget 'Behind the B' which the Bruins do.
Not sure how feasible this would be, but, I can see a massive massive chunk of the fan base being totally into this idea. I'm a B's fan as well as a Devils fan, and have always thought there should be more teams in the EIHL doing this sort of thing.

Same for Black and White by the LA Kings organisation.

It's a brilliant concept.