Cardiff Devils Release...

Well said Kipper about the previous post I have known Wannabe 2 for many years and he is a dedicated and loyal supporter of the Cardiff Devils and has helped us get our present blue tent and our new rink working so hard on the SARAC comittee and if it wasn't like people like him would we have a devils team now and junior teams playing and training on our own ice rink in cardiff i doubt it so well done to him and all the other loyal devil fans :p
lets stop all this arguing about who should go and stay and support our Devils team and get behind them.

osh

Today's Echo reports on Hilly's departure.
G quoted as saying " it is my responsibility to make these tough decisions for the good of the overall team and the business". Surely that dispels the myth that he is being forced into making such a statement? If not, he is merely a puppet for PR, and I very much doubt the latter.
Suffice to say, if we do not announce a new player soon ( import D I hope ) the situation will only get worse.

Earnie

fourthlinewing said:
Hey all. With all the discussions and accusations of fan "agendas" on this thread, it may be interesting to see the view of an outsider. Here's the latest Chasing Dragons post which asks "what's going on in Cardiff?" http://t.co/38vLoqnJWY

Well, that is a reasonable summary of the situation.
The removal of Phil Hill should have been followed by 'what next'
(if anything)

osh

Earnie said:
fourthlinewing said:
Hey all. With all the discussions and accusations of fan "agendas" on this thread, it may be interesting to see the view of an outsider. Here's the latest Chasing Dragons post which asks "what's going on in Cardiff?" http://t.co/38vLoqnJWY

(if anything)

Probably Ghost written by a few luvvies down here ! There art some truths and mis truths, make your own mind up, I have.

osh said:
Earnie said:
fourthlinewing said:

(if anything)

Probably Ghost written by a few luvvies down here ! There art some truths and mis truths, make your own mind up, I have.
I've been accused of many things as Blaze webcast guy, but actually being a Welsh luvvie who can't make his own judgement? That's a new one. :)

rolf

Welcome friend, to the murky underworld of Cardiff Devils fans who could start a fight in an empty house haha.

Your piece on our current issues was a pretty well reasoned summary on where we currently find ourselves and was very readable. I'll be reading more of your stuff and please feel free to join in with us down here. A dispassionate view from an outsider is very good for our perspective whether we appear to like it or not.

osh

Fourthlinewing ; Fair play, a good read, and as I said before, some truths and some mis truths I'd imagine. However, you just won't be taken seriously on this forum by some members. I mean to say 2 POSTS, how dare you !! :lol: ;)

Apologies, as you have been scathing about the management and what's going on behind the scenes, you WILL be taken seriously by some members, 2 posts or not :lol:

voth26

hockeyhead29 said:
Phil Hill, Sam Smith, Jamie Hayes, Adam Harding and for a while Ben Davies must all have been useless under performing Brits in a great team then. The reality is we have a shocking record for how we treat our British players. Ever thought Phil or Sam's poor form could have been anything to do with poor player management. Perhaps someone should ask stoney how he was treated towards the end of his career. Phil isn't the only player to have underachieved so far but he is the easiest in terms showing the door. Gutless.
I dont agree with that at all sam smith first season brilliant cant remember who he was on a line with? 2nd season was like he had never seen a puck let alone touched one, he went to the blaze to "become aa better player under thommo" where is he now?, gassing a player is never great but i posted a few weeks ago that for me hill was lucky he was a brit because we NEVER gas the brits we just blame the imports, if hill returns and bites in the butt because he has a point to prove nows he's gone my question would be why the hell didnt he have a point to prove when he was here!!.

The problem for me with Fourthlinewings 'dispassionate, outsiders perspective' on this particular
situation is that he didn't have to watch the 6'3" 200lb power forward Phil Hill mincing about on the
Ice week in week out!

Sam smith was partnered with Stu & Tylor in his first season (probably two of the hardest working players we've had in a while) is it a surprise he done so well?
Every Blaze game I seen with Sam playing Thomo seemed to give him very little ice time.
Now I believe he is playing at Swindon.

You can also draw similarities to the #91 Mark Smith, Max & Sample line a few seasons back. Max was in his prime and had a great chemistry with Smith resulting in Sample recording career high points . Not that I'm comparing Samp's & Smith .

Also I think Hill's most productive seasons have been when matched with Vother.
Some times certain players just seem to function better with certain line mates and that's the beauty of this game, it's just down to the coach to fed ode what works best for each player for the benefit of the team.

mazza03

buzzwagon said:
Sam smith was partnered with Stu & Tylor in his first season (probably two of the hardest working players we've had in a while) is it a surprise he done so well?
Every Blaze game I seen with Sam playing Thomo seemed to give him very little ice time.
Now I believe he is playing at Swindon.

You can also draw similarities to the #91 Mark Smith, Max & Sample line a few seasons back. Max was in his prime and had a great chemistry with Smith resulting in Sample recording career high points . Not that I'm comparing Samp's & Smith .

Also I think Hill's most productive seasons have been when matched with Vother.
Some times certain players just seem to function better with certain line mates and that's the beauty of this game, it's just down to the coach to fed ode what works best for each player for the benefit of the team.
At last a bit of sense.

Have Hope#35

Thread starter #134
A quote from the Hull Daily Mail, seems Hill has been snapped up already... Not surprised:
Meanwhile, Cloutier has confirmed he tried, and failed, to sign axed Cardiff forward Phil Hill this week.

He said: "Of course I'd be interested. I tried to talk to him on Monday, but he has already worked out a deal with a "big" team."

Have Hope#35

Thread starter #138
Earnie said:
My money is on Sheffield and that he will score a few goals against us!!
(he did a season there a few years ago)
I don't know why but I have a feeling he will end up at Nottingham? Sheffield have such a big roster at the moment... Especially with them carrying all the injured players, can they really afford another top end Brit?