Cardiff Devils Release...

Gazza272 said:
jodysstillagirlsname said:
Sorry Gazza, it is not the objective of SORAC to get the team seamlessly in to the new arena. it was our goal to get a replacement facility for the Ice users of Cardiff which included the Devils. When Paul Ragan tendered for the development it was only right that we moved away from the business Cardiff Devils so that we could consider the options fairly for the other ice users. Since that time Paul Ragan has represented the Devils (business) with the Council and Greenbank.

I have noticed in the past you have said 'when SORAC were close to the Devils' there are reasons for these things and you only had to ask.

I don t see Wannabe and myself lose the right to an opinion because we have spent seven years fighting for the new facility

Incidentally Paul Ragan has said plenty about delays to project, suing the Council etc and he has a right to his opinions as well, much as I didn't necessarily agree with them.

Surely the remit is to get all users of the current rink into the new facility seamlessly? It certainly isn't the remit to make it difficult for the Devils to get into the new facility using influence gained over the years. I'm getting the vibe that is happening here. I hope I'm wrong.

But something like that is going to be a worry for a supporter. So I'm voicing it. At the moment there are sheepish comments coming back which makes me worry even more.

And yes Paul Ragan has made some stupid moves public relations wise in regards to the new rink. That has never been in doubt and doesn't really correlate much to the point I am making.
You are quite right gazza, we have no influence over who does or doesn't get in to the rink, the agreements are all done and dusted so therefore any influence we may or may not have gained over the years is no longer applicable. So therefore our own opinions are exactly what it says on the tin. Are we not entitled to an opinion forever because we gave up our own time to fight for an arena for everybody ?

If that is the case then that will discourage anybody from fighting worthy causes in the future

Phil Hill, Sam Smith, Jamie Hayes, Adam Harding and for a while Ben Davies must all have been useless under performing Brits in a great team then. The reality is we have a shocking record for how we treat our British players. Ever thought Phil or Sam's poor form could have been anything to do with poor player management. Perhaps someone should ask stoney how he was treated towards the end of his career. Phil isn't the only player to have underachieved so far but he is the easiest in terms showing the door. Gutless.

Gazza272

You are quite right gazza, we have no influence over who does or doesn't get in to the rink, the agreements are all done and dusted so therefore any influence we may or may not have gained over the years is no longer applicable. So therefore our own opinions are exactly what it says on the tin. Are we not entitled to an opinion forever because we gave up our own time to fight for an arena for everybody ?

If that is the case then that will discourage anybody from fighting worthy causes in the future

That's not what I've said at all.

I made my point quite clear without muddying the waters. If you choose to do otherwise that's fine.

I made no mention of people not getting or getting the rink so its a bit weird you brought that up, I was talking about Seamless transitions and making sure every rink user got a fair shake going into the new place.

Ocko

Gazza272 said:
Sorry Gazza, it is not the objective of SORAC to get the team seamlessly in to the new arena. it was our goal to get a replacement facility for the Ice users of Cardiff which included the Devils. When Paul Ragan tendered for the development it was only right that we moved away from the business Cardiff Devils so that we could consider the options fairly for the other ice users. Since that time Paul Ragan has represented the Devils (business) with the Council and Greenbank.

I have noticed in the past you have said 'when SORAC were close to the Devils' there are reasons for these things and you only had to ask.

I don t see Wannabe and myself lose the right to an opinion because we have spent seven years fighting for the new facility

Incidentally Paul Ragan has said plenty about delays to project, suing the Council etc and he has a right to his opinions as well, much as I didn't necessarily agree with them.

Surely the remit is to get all users of the current rink into the new facility seamlessly? It certainly isn't the remit to make it difficult for the Devils to get into the new facility using influence gained over the years. I'm getting the vibe that is happening here. I hope I'm wrong.

But something like that is going to be a worry for a supporter. So I'm voicing it. At the moment there are sheepish comments coming back which makes me worry even more.

And yes Paul Ragan has made some stupid moves public relations wise in regards to the new rink. That has never been in doubt and doesn't really correlate much to the point I am making.

Making it difficult could constitute a number of things though. Like trying to spread seeds of doubt throughout the fan base with the I know something you don't or there's something more to it wink wink. In my mind that is making it difficult. Just because you post under a personal username rather than a SORAC one doesn't mean that you are suddenly disconnected to it. Just by association your word will always be construed with an official line for SORAC which will disrupt the club moving forward.

If you feel that strongly about the ownership and the club, why do you still watch? I very much doubt Paul Regan will pull out this close to the new arena being built so surely its a like it or lump it situation now. And as I have asked you previously, who are the alternatives to PR?

TheStub

I'd hope the Hill decision was a hockey one. It's one that I would have gone with before the weekend.

Too little upside for the salary hit.

So gassing him has big potential upsides.

If there are mind games happening in the back office, why do I care? If G can't hang with the back office, then he can leave.

If Brent coaching is that awful, let it happen. We've been teased with it for so long I just want to it happen and work or fail - at least it would be done and closed.

I really don't like these vendettas being played out behind claimed "love of the team". It is nothing of the sort - it is posturing and gamesmanship. You don't like the ownership? Fine - raise the money and buy the team.

This isn't a village amateur club, it is a business.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk now Free

Finny said:
I would say that there is far more chance of the arena hosting a team not owned by Ragan than of there being no team at all.
Oh well that's just peachy isnt it. (This isn't in reply to you Finny)

Then we can have Chris Hartrey and his Greenbank backers running the team with their wealth of information about how to do it. Then just to make things a bit more cosey we can bring back the old announcer and all his pals.

Then Jody, Wannabe2, Kipper and whoever else is allowed into the super secret cohort of glory will have got rid of the owner whos backed us with piles of cash, but they'll all be ok because being friends with the players and coaches is what really matters.

Forget having an objective viewpoint about this, this is all about who's friends with the most players or ex staff and who can kick up the biggest stink to keep their position.

And if that doesnt go ahead, i'm sure Wannabe knows plenty of people with loads of cash available so we can have a fans buyout. Because you know, that hasn't been tried before and we have such a united fanbase.

With all these rumours and people posting the 'i know something you dont' posts, the people behind DevilsRumours must be having the time of there lives :DWD

Gazza272 said:
That's not what I've said at all.

I made my point quite clear without muddying the waters. If you choose to do otherwise that's fine.

I made no mention of people not getting or getting the rink so its a bit weird you brought that up, I was talking about Seamless transitions and making sure every rink user got a fair shake going into the new place.
The thing is Gazza, irregardless of ones personal views and opinion, some people have the ability to adapt their minds and remove their emotions from the equation to meet the needs of the bigger picture and achieve the greater good.

Just because they do that in a consortium, it doesn't mean that they are not allowed to air their own personal opinions elsewhere. I cannot fathom how you can put together a group like SORAC and not have those with different viewpoints. That is the sole purpose of it, to meet the needs of all the users. The figure skaters have their view as do Rec players, Junior players, Fans of the CLUB etc etc.

I am not a supporter of Ragan, but of this club and the fans that were here long before and after Ragan has gone. This club is at the heart of why people like Wannabe and Jody got involved. If they were that adamant on halting Ragans process, they would have left the cause a long time ago?

osh

TheStub said:
I'd hope the Hill decision was a hockey one. It's one that I would have gone with before the weekend.

Too little upside for the salary hit.

So gassing him has big potential upsides.

If there are mind games happening in the back office, why do I care? If G can't hang with the back office, then he can leave.

If Brent coaching is that awful, let it happen. We've been teased with it for so long I just want to it happen and work or fail - at least it would be done and closed.

I really don't like these vendettas being played out behind claimed "love of the team". It is nothing of the sort - it is posturing and gamesmanship. You don't like the ownership? Fine - raise the money and buy the team.

This isn't a village amateur club, it is a business.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk now Free
I was in the middle of posting something similar, saw your post, and couldn't have put my thoughts any better. There those who hint at trouble behind the scenes, they've heard this and they've heard that, and when you ask them, they refuse to tell you what they know !

jimmy snels

Why is this is still about the club and ownership ? We are playing rubbish, hill high payed. G to bench good call. Weller like replacement. Huge but better call. Impress me! Lol

DevilDom

Got to agree with The Stub, Osh and to a certain extent Devils Pete.

This is all getting a bit silly.

We gassed a player. Yes he was a local lad and yes he was a long serving player but its one player. That's professional sport. The club should always exceed the sum of its parts.

I really hope Phil finds a club quickly and starts playing like we know he can. You never know the change may be good for him.

All this splintering and finger pointing among the fanbase helps nobody. The whispering by certain people claiming to know more than others or what the real reason is for this and that just makes things worse.

Some people need to take a deep breath and get a grip.

Wow, thought I was coming logging into the inferno. Seems a lot more like steeltalk.

Sad for Phil, been a great servant to club - however there have been numerous people saying there are other players who should have gone first. Not seen anyone brave enough to name names though.

Easy enough to moan on twitter and here about state of things recently (been doing it myself), yet when action is taken its wrong too.

As for people who act like Ragan is the devil incarnate, what do you think he is getting out of this? Some multi-million pound fortune? Must be as can't think of another reason why he would continue to put up with the 'fans' of this club. He's made mistakes, but at least trying to run as a self sustaining business - which is what the club is - a business, you cannot run it 'love for the club'.

I'll wait and see what happens next, in the meantime thank you and good luck to Phil, from everything I have heard a true gent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

ASHIPP

I can only guess that this is a decision higher up than G - based upon current individual performance and the need to make changes. Just can't see G making a very tough decision like that after knowing Phil for so long. Not even convinced that the press release is G quoted verbatum.

Maybe this move plus G possibly to the bench might make way for another player?
Phil's goalscoring abilities were enhanced by the fact that he was supported by two fantastic centremen in the last 4 years - Stuu and Finnerty. Without them how creative would he have been? Phil's physicality has waned over the last couple of seasons and certainly after his unfortunate hand injury he has not really appeared to be the same player.

Anyway, I wish him well and acknowledge that he has been a fantastic servant to this club. G suggests Phil will fall on his feet ......expect to see him in a purple or sky blue jersey very soon?

Hope the upper echelons at the Club have a plan B for this player release :shock:

DevilsPete said:
Finny said:
I would say that there is far more chance of the arena hosting a team not owned by Ragan than of there being no team at all.

Then we can have Chris Hartrey and his Greenbank backers running the team with their wealth of information about how to do it. Then just to make things a bit more cosey we can bring back the old announcer and all his pals.

Then Jody, Wannabe2, Kipper and whoever else is allowed into the super secret cohort of glory will have got rid of the owner whos backed us with piles of cash, but they'll all be ok because being friends with the players and coaches is what really matters.

Forget having an objective viewpoint about this, this is all about who's friends with the most players or ex staff and who can kick up the biggest stink to keep their position.

And if that doesnt go ahead, i'm sure Wannabe knows plenty of people with loads of cash available so we can have a fans buyout. Because you know, that hasn't been tried before and we have such a united fanbase.

With all these rumours and people posting the 'i know something you dont' posts, the people behind DevilsRumours must be having the time of there lives :DWD
+1

The release of Hill was absolutely the right decision at the right time. Why?
Because his form over this last calendar year and probably longer has been awful!
Also, it sends out a clear message to everyone, that by gassing an under-performing 'fan favourite'
that everyone, both players and coaches need to step up immediately!

Phil Hill as one of a select few 'top end Brits' commands import money, and takes up the birth of
a power forward on the roster. Money well spent? I would argue that it wasn't.

Morrisette will be Hill's replacement, Adams will move to the bench and we will sign a quality
D-man to replace Ross, using the money freed up by Hill's departure.

I'm not bothered who made the decision to cut Hill, I hope it was Adams but that's because it shows
he has the balls to take tough decisions. If it was PR then that tells me more about Adams than it
does of Ragan.

And for all the conspiracy theorists and anti-PR/BP posters, I think the above may be uncomfortable
reading, but then again, a lot of you have your own agendas!

Have Hope#35

Thread starter #116
Ejercito Rojas said:
The release of Hill was absolutely the right decision at the right time. Why?
Because his form over this last calendar year and probably longer has been awful!
Also, it sends out a clear message to everyone, that by gassing an under-performing 'fan favourite'
that everyone, both players and coaches need to step up immediately!

Phil Hill as one of a select few 'top end Brits' commands import money, and takes up the birth of
a power forward on the roster. Money well spent? I would argue that it wasn't.

Morrisette will be Hill's replacement, Adams will move to the bench and we will sign a quality
D-man to replace Ross, using the money freed up by Hill's departure.

I'm not bothered who made the decision to cut Hill, I hope it was Adams but that's because it shows
he has the balls to take tough decisions. If it was PR then that tells me more about Adams than it
does of Ragan.

And for all the conspiracy theorists and anti-PR/BP posters, I think the above may be uncomfortable
reading, but then again, a lot of you have your own agendas!
I can't disagree with any of the above... However the importance of signing a solid D'man with the money from Hill's release is essential! If we gas Hill and don't sign someone then for me G or PR will have made the wrong decision...

Koop11

I think the clubs needs to details what its next steps are in terms of recruiting . That of course on the basis that we are looking to recruit.

Kipper

DevilsPete said:
Finny said:

Why don't you post under your own name Paul?

Just to make it clear I couldn't give a toss who owns the team. It is something that has never bothered me. All I hope is that players are given what is in their contracts and on time and are treated like the professional sportsmen they are to give them the best chance to compete with the arena teams.

Neither do I care who does match announcing, DJ's etc.More to worry about in life.

Yes I am friendly with some of the players. These things tend to happen naturally when you have been around for a few years. Yes I am loyal to my friends as you are to some of your staff.Loyalty is a virtue I believe.

I think you are being very unfair to Jody and Wannabe. They have worked their butts off in recent years to ensure that ice sports including the Cardiff Devils have a future of any sort.If it wasn't for their efforts you wouldn't have a team to worry about.

You seem to see a conspiracy everywhere. I am not aware of one.I am my own man with my own opinions, most of which I keep to myself

Kipper said:
DevilsPete said:
Finny said:

Why don't you post under your own name Paul?

Just to make it clear I couldn't give a toss who owns the team. It is something that has never bothered me. All I hope is that players are given what is in their contracts and on time and are treated like the professional sportsmen they are to give them the best chance to compete with the arena teams.

Neither do I care who does match announcing, DJ's etc.More to worry about in life.

Yes I am friendly with some of the players. These things tend to happen naturally when you have been around for a few years. Yes I am loyal to my friends as you are to some of your staff.Loyalty is a virtue I believe.

I think you are being very unfair to Jody and Wannabe. They have worked their butts off in recent years to ensure that ice sports including the Cardiff Devils have a future of any sort.If it wasn't for their efforts you wouldn't have a team to worry about.

You seem to see a conspiracy everywhere. I am not aware of one.I am my own man with my own opinions, most of which I keep to myself

Well spotted Kip, thought there were some familiar phrases in there