Cardiff Devils Release...

jimmy snels

Ok my two pence worth.

Thought hill was done. He wasnt anywhere near as good as previous. As sam smith proved if u play on a line with quality players (tylor and stuuu) you will put up points. I think piggot will fill his role fine on this seasons team. I think getting a quality import D man in (like we did this time of year with weller.....) will now be assential. I congratulate G/ragan on this. Shows conviction to change. You cant do the same thing and expect a different result.

august04

Ocko said:
If it was a Brent Pope and Paul Regan decision then surely G would resign for sure.
Why would he? If I was in G's position, I wouldn't resign in the middle of a testimonial year, there's a lot of money to lose. At the very least, I'd wait until they pull the trigger and get them to pay any contract up in full. Sad to say, perhaps he'll find a classier club to work for next season.

some people on this forum are hilarious. everyone was whinging that results and good enough and things need to change. A change is made but because its someone some fans dont agree with it must be Ragan and Popes fault. I've had my issues with Ragan but some people need to wake up and see that the club is currently in a much better position than its been for many a year.
in my view im afraid hill isn't the player he once was and hasnt been since the start of last season. if releasing him frees up some wages so G can sit on the bench and we can sort this D out then so be it.
it is sad that hill has ended up leaving like this after so many years of service and he has in the past been a great asset. But its sport and sometimes things go like that.

nmase20 said:
some people on this forum are hilarious. everyone was whinging that results and good enough and things need to change. A change is made but because its someone some fans dont agree with it must be Ragan and Popes fault. I've had my issues with Ragan but some people need to wake up and see that the club is currently in a much better position than its been for many a year.
in my view im afraid hill isn't the player he once was and hasnt been since the start of last season. if releasing him frees up some wages so G can sit on the bench and we can sort this D out then so be it.
it is sad that hill has ended up leaving like this after so many years of service and he has in the past been a great asset. But its sport and sometimes things go like that.
Completely agree.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

jimmy snels

danhall76 said:
nmase20 said:
Completely agree.

Me 2! Change was needed. Right man axed. I assume we have gagne lined up already....

Wannabe2

Kerry said:
Ocko said:
If it was a Brent Pope and Paul Regan decision then surely G would resign for sure. That is an incredibly undermining decision that surely G wouldnt stand for, if he does then more fool him
Its not always that black and white though. Gerad has a young family and if he walked away from the Devils ( Not that I would blame him IF Ragan/Pope are making decisions) I doubt he would land another coaching/playing job easily as our sport is very small. There are lots of people who are in jobs they get frustrated with but stay because finances dictate.

I have no idea why Phil was sacked and deep down it has made me realise how tired I am with all the politics surrounding the club as I no longer am shocked or even that bothered what happens anymore, which saddens me :-(.
Thats exactly the thoughts of lots and lots of people, its going to come to a head soon I reckon, and its not going to be very pleasant.

What does that mean? In plain language?
It means that it's another 'I know something you don't' post and as always it'll be blamed on the management whilst the poster is to scared to name names or post what they actually think.
Go back to page 3, someone posted who made the decision. Management not coaches.
Yes, his brother did say that. But I wouldn't expect them to say anything else whether its the truth or not.
With a run of home games coming up, the timing is questionable at the very least, unless a body is already lined up
Why? Our home results have been crap so far with Hill in the team. If they get worse then i'll come back and accept i was wrong. If we suddenly start winning I guess you'll be doing the same?

Home results cant really be any worse than they have been, if this sparks the team into playing a bit better then so be it. If this leads to G, whos arguably our worst import moving to the bench and someone better coming in then its a good move.

We have enough young brits on the roster to fill the gap, who knows they might link up better with our misfiring imports and lead to some success. Or some more entertaining games.

Taken from Ragen's twitter account from 23/8/13

@raganpaul: 2013 will be remembered as a year of much change, a time when @cardiffdevils stepped up performance both off & on the ice! #ourtimeisnear!

Can someone tell what different this year?

Last year we gassed McKenzie & Osaer, this year already Ross & Hill, whose next at the revolving doors at the Devils HQ?

Wannabe2

DevilsPete said:
What does that mean? In plain language?
It means that it's another 'I know something you don't' post and as always it'll be blamed on the management whilst the poster is to scared to name names or post what they actually think.
Go back to page 3, someone posted who made the decision. Management not coaches.
Yes, his brother did say that. But I wouldn't expect them to say anything else whether its the truth or not.
With a run of home games coming up, the timing is questionable at the very least, unless a body is already lined up
Why? Our home results have been crap so far with Hill in the team. If they get worse then i'll come back and accept i was wrong. If we suddenly start winning I guess you'll be doing the same?

Home results cant really be any worse than they have been, if this sparks the team into playing a bit better then so be it. If this leads to G, whos arguably our worst import moving to the bench and someone better coming in then its a good move.

We have enough young brits on the roster to fill the gap, who knows they might link up better with our misfiring imports and lead to some success. Or some more entertaining games.
Its a opinion mate, you know what we are all entltled too, even new posters. :lol:

Gazza272

Wannabe2 said:
Its a opinion mate, you know what we are all entltled too, even new posters. :lol:

I would still like a little clarity to your comments. As a member of SORAC they are pariticularly worrying given we don't want/need uncertainty around the fan base and the club for the majority of the supporters.

devilflame said:

@raganpaul: 2013 will be remembered as a year of much change, a time when @cardiffdevils stepped up performance both off & on the ice! #ourtimeisnear!

Last year we gassed McKenzie & Osaer, this year already Ross & Hill, whose next at the revolving doors at the Devils HQ?
Franny by the look of it, only 2 changes I want to see POPE and RAGAN

Gazza272 said:
Wannabe2 said:

I would still like a little clarity to your comments. As a member of SORAC they are pariticularly worrying given we don't want/need uncertainty around the fan base and the club for the majority of the supporters.
He still has his own opinion as a member of SORAC, it will be even sadder to see a team playing in a 3000 seater arena that is three parts empty. The club create their own uncertainty, they don't need help in that department, it is one of the things that they do well

Ocko

jodysstillagirlsname said:
devilflame said:

Franny by the look of it, only 2 changes I want to see POPE and RAGAN
Well I dont. A lot of people keep saying how hard coaches are to come by owners are in even more short supply. Do you know of any potential owners out there willing to take on a business that will make no money and will put up with busy body fans poking their noses in?

Ocko

Gazza272 said:
Wannabe2 said:

He still has his own opinion as a member of SORAC, it will be even sadder to see a team playing in a 3000 seater arena that is three parts empty. The club create their own uncertainty, they don't need help in that department, it is one of the things that they do well
Most of the people who go to watch the Devils would still watch whoever owns us as long as we are competitive. This forum, especially the regular posters, make up a small percentage. For every person like you who has a problem with the ownership there are a good few more who really dont care.

Gazza272

i'm not saying people should not have their own opinion. But making a comment such has been made has a potential knock on effect for the whole fan base just as much as Ragan making decisions does.

And as such I think it's a fair question that deserves a fair answer.

I don't want hundreds of fans who let's be quite frank couldn't give a stuff about Hill being sacked or what Ragan said to my uncle when he complained about something, missing out on a seamless transition to the new rink because a few people think their right.

That's selfish.