Cardiff Devils Flashbacks

Wagstaff

I’m not old enough (in hockey years) to remember this, but one for those of you who maybe want to rekindle the dislike between our two teams or for those like me, who would like to know where some of it comes from Blaze are showing this on Wednesday evening
http://www.coventryblaze.co.uk/news/re-live-the-2005-challenge-cup-final-20200517
Once played, the game stays up on YouTube if you can’t catch it on the night
also catch the first leg here

If it’s not your cup of tea, let’s hope we will get to dislike each other even if only for 60 minutes or so again soon.
Until then....Stay safe
Wagstaff

Wagstaff

I’m not old enough (in hockey years) to remember this, but one for those of you who maybe want to rekindle the dislike between our two teams or for those like me, who would like to know where some of it comes from Blaze are showing this on Wednesday evening
http://www.coventryblaze.co.uk/news/re-live-the-2005-challenge-cup-final-20200517
Once played, the game stays up on YouTube if you can’t catch it on the night
also catch the first leg here

If it’s not your cup of tea, let’s hope we will get to dislike each other even if only for 60 minutes or so again soon.
Until then....Stay safe
Wagstaff
If anyone is going to watch this, it has been move to 5pm so that it doesn’t clash with the GB game on free sports

Wagstaff

Thanks for that , looking forward to it..hope you and the family are staying alert...safe and virus free...
We are all staying well here thanks,
I hope you and your family are too, That goes for anyone reading my post.
I watched the game “live” but I think if anyone wants to catch it still, it will be on the Blaze YouTube, all the other games they’ve shown have stayed on there.
It was a very different game back then wasn’t it!

BostonBart22

Should be a good watch this game, not to sure what game is to be shown, but could be a chance to see some great players, Chris brant, p.c. druin, paxton shulte, Matt cote, and 2 ex devils Blake knox and Dennis chasse..

BostonBart22

As far as i can remember i didnt see many games that season or this one ,but to watch john lawless in action again was unreal, his speed and skills amazing, the crowd were fantastic, all through the game, and those airhorns what a blast they were, why they have been banned is beyond me, i am gonna sneak one in to the viola when the season starts see what happens. well done Eagles 8, keep them coming...

BostonBart22

Great choice eagles 8, really good to see the old BBT again, stand out for me Jesse mychan, shame we released him when we did, and a big shame he wont be back due to the circumstances in why he left, we wont go into that though....keep them coming eagles 8.

E.D.S.

At risk of opening a can of worms.... why did he leave? I tend not to bother with the off ice shenanigans/gossip and nonsense. Was it an off ice issue?

BostonBart22

Another cracker Eagles 8, If any newbie fans out there not seen the devils in a game from WNIR have a look, how things have changed in the physical side from then, great to see dave whistle playing for bracknell and the nettie Bernard , what a hothead skating to the sin bin chasing the ref to dispute a goal, misconduct pen given and then skates back to his goals and pushes them over, and dare i say no further punishment, Also good to see the likes of george swann, kip noble , doug Mc Carthy, Ken hodge but also standout 17 yr old steve lyle with the shutout , thats why Frank caprice was on the bench..

dave

What a fun evening that was for many reasons!! The reason Bernie did not get and extra misconduct and ejected was a bit of empathy for the situation. Andy gave the goal as the goal light came on and as he did not have a clear view he awarded the goal. At the earliest opportunity which was in the refs crease he asked if we thought it went in before it ended up in Marks glove. He was advised it looked like a clean save which is when he went to check with the goal judge and a mistake was confirmed as initially they thought it was in the net but had not seen the save. Nice to see Clive Moore in his supervisory role making sure the game got played fully..

BostonBart22

Yet again a great blast from the past, I thought this eihl lge was fast but that game from the superleague era was end to end and toe to toe ,bloody hell how they kept it up god knows, great to see alan schuler, john brill, darren hurley, my m.o.m by a mile frank evans, 20years ago cor blimey, keep them coming eagles 8..

BostonBart22

Great game to watch, Dundee very good team that year, well drilled and coached, unlucky with some calls by officials, well, it was Darnell. good to see Kurka, Plumpton, Syvete, Faulkner, and a polish nettie Kamil Koswoski who replaced la costa after retiring from the game due to injury.