Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2019/20

BostonBart22

Great news having sam back, the way he settled into the devils team for a youngster was amazing , for him and us fans, sam is going to improve as seasons go on , not for me to say a 3 or 5 year deal wouldve been nice but hey ho we get another season to see his great talent on the ice...keep it up Sam ..

Temme

A generic question to anyone that knows the answer - purely to satisfy my curiosity.

Are the interviews with JD and the players signed filmed hours/days/a week before they are announced, or are they filmed more like April time post-playoffs (maybe in bulk for the guys that are 100% coming back) and then just rolled out along with the player signing?

No reason for me asking, just wondering more than anything - in the Duggan interview i can see all the kit in the background and it just got me thinking! :)

Last edited:

Devils86

Think when he did the Linglet interview he mentioned asking Joey M the same question a few weeks ago - so unless they have planned each announcement with military precision then I think they are being done in the week prior to signing or thereabouts (as opposed to end of last season)

Temme

Think when he did the Linglet interview he mentioned asking Joey M the same question a few weeks ago - so unless they have planned each announcement with military precision then I think they are being done in the week prior to signing or thereabouts (as opposed to end of last season)
That makes sense, i don't really listen to the interviews very often so would have missed that little snippet!

ASHIPP

Great to see Sam back - a truely exciting prospect with exceptional potential. Earned his place on the Team and hope to see him being given much more ice time next season.

Finny

A generic question to anyone that knows the answer - purely to satisfy my curiosity.

Are the interviews with JD and the players signed filmed hours/days/a week before they are announced, or are they filmed more like April time post-playoffs (maybe in bulk for the guys that are 100% coming back) and then just rolled out along with the player signing?

No reason for me asking, just wondering more than anything - in the Duggan interview i can see all the kit in the background and it just got me thinking! :)
In the Duggan interview it say she that after the playoffs he
-went to GB training camp
-had a couple of weeks off completely
-has been on the ice and in the gym for the past couple of weeks.

I’d imagine the videos are filmed a day or two in advance of the announcement. Though JD is obviously the one who could confirm it.

Wannabe2

So so happy, great player and a guy who really wants to be here, this is amazing news by a amazing organisation. Get your tickets folks, book early to avoid disappointment, best ticket in town.

Devils86

Was stunned at this. Didn’t think he’d be back and even if he was coming back was thinking he’d be the last one to sign.

What amazing work by the ownership to meet whatever he wanted; Lordo and the UK staff for building an organisation that players want to keep coming back to; the fans for loving the players and turning up every week; and of course #FantasticFournier himself for all his hard work on his game.

Quality.