Cardiff City lose - good news for the Devils?

TheDevilTorn said:
I don't think clubs need the "I was there" fans at all. Its the die hards that keep clubs going, supporting them through thick and thin. To me you either support a team or you don't. Cant have it both ways. If all those who went to wembley turned up week in week out, the club wouldn't be 15m in debt.
What a ridiculous comment !! You can support a team and not go to games. I support the Devils but dont make it to many games as i like as i live miles and miles away and unfortunately dont have £100's of pound to pay out on petrol and admission fee's week in week out.

You say the club is £15 million in debt but yet you dont want the occasional fans turning up to games, paying entrance fees because they are not ''real fans'' !!

Bizarre.

A

Anonymous

I don't think you quite get the point. Read Ger-Devils post about the people asking him for tickets if Cardiff had of got promoted then taking the piss because they didn't. They are the sort of fans I'm referring to.

Loyal, decent, die hard fans don't like the bandwagon type. I'm talking about those who have never been to see Cardiff but would of been the first through the gate when at home to Chelsea. What's bizarre about that?

A

Anonymous

DevilDom said:
TheDevilTorn said:
I don't think clubs need the "I was there" fans at all. Its the die hards that keep clubs going, supporting them through thick and thin. To me you either support a team or you don't. Cant have it both ways. If all those who went to wembley turned up week in week out, the club wouldn't be 15m in debt.

How many people would of travelled to Plymouth on the last day of the season if City had to win to stay up? Dads who take their kids to the bigger games is cool, and great to see but I personally have no time for the "bandwagon" fans.
Sorry I think your talking rubbish. Based on this there would only have been 20,000 City and 8,000 or so Blackpool fans at Wembly. Would that have suited you? 28,000 rattling around in a 90,000 capacity stadium? I'm not sure that would have been good for either team. 40,000 City fans with maybe half casual fans is much better. Oh and don't tell me I stopped someone more deserving getting a ticket because there were plenty of seats empty and I didn't get my ticket until Thursday.

Do you go to every Devils game? If you don't does that make you less of a supporter? I think not. I choose to get my sport fix and spend my disposable income watching the devils nearly every week and not City. You need a mix of fans to be succesful and the Devils need casual fans as much as anyone. These are the people that bump the attendance up from 1400 average to 2000 for a big or interesting games and give the club that extra "un-budgeted" income which is so essential.
Think you are also missing the point. I dont like bandwagon fans, never have never will. Just my opinion, you dont have to agree. I wish I could go to every Devils game but I don't just choose the big ones. It also costs me over £100 a game because of travelling etc, otherwise I's be there every week, believe you me!

TheDevilTorn said:
I don't think you quite get the point. Read Ger-Devils post about the people asking him for tickets if Cardiff had of got promoted then taking the **** because they didn't. They are the sort of fans I'm referring to.

Loyal, decent, die hard fans don't like the bandwagon type. I'm talking about those who have never been to see Cardiff but would of been the first through the gate when at home to Chelsea. What's bizarre about that?
I am a decent loyal fan and if people wanted to turn up to watch the Devils because we were playing a team that had just signed Ovechkin , therefore putting money into a club that is in debt then it wouldnt bother me one bit.....thats the bit i find bizarre.

A

Anonymous

Twinkle said:
TheDevilTorn said:
I don't think you quite get the point. Read Ger-Devils post about the people asking him for tickets if Cardiff had of got promoted then taking the **** because they didn't. They are the sort of fans I'm referring to.

I am a decent loyal fan and if people wanted to turn up to watch the Devils because we were playing a team that had just signed Ovechlin , therefore putting money into a club that is in debt then it wouldnt bother me one bit.....thats the bit i find bizarre.
I prefer loyalty myself. Someone who recognises their team is struggling financially and decides to go to as many games as they can, not just pick the big ones. If Cardiff had of gone up you would of had people going to games who had never ever been before. These people go to see the opposition as opposed to their local team. You dont mind fans like that? Personally I despise them. :evil:

TheDevilTorn said:
Twinkle said:
TheDevilTorn said:

I am a decent loyal fan and if people wanted to turn up to watch the Devils because we were playing a team that had just signed Ovechlin , therefore putting money into a club that is in debt then it wouldnt bother me one bit.....thats the bit i find bizarre.
I prefer loyalty myself. Someone who recognises their team is struggling financially and decides to go to as many games as they can, not just pick the big ones. If Cardiff had of gone up you would of had people going to games who had never ever been before. These people go to see the opposition as opposed to their local team. You dont mind fans like that? Personally I despise them. :evil:

If it was a choice of these people turning up for big games etc....or losing my team, i'd choose the paying fan everytime.

Dont get me wrong, i do see what you mean. I go to a lot of Devils away games and when its a 'big' game i see people in Devils shirts i have never ever seen before and think ''Couldnt be bothered before eh?'' but that money isnt going to the Devils....but still think having a team financially stable with big game only fans is better than no club.

Twinkle said:
If it was a choice of these people turning up for big games etc....or losing my team, i'd choose the paying fan everytime.

Dont get me wrong, i do see what you mean. I go to a lot of Devils away games and when its a 'big' game i see people in Devils shirts i have never ever seen before and think ''Couldnt be bothered before eh?'' but that money isnt going to the Devils....but still think having a team financially stable with big game only fans is better than no club.
Couldn't be bothered or simply don't have the money to spend on the luxury of going to away games?

This argument is ridiculous if you ask me, who cares if people are "true" supporters, if they are there watching the team then that is all that matters.

A

Anonymous

I agree with you of course. I would rather see bandwagon fans than see my team diminish. I used to support Hereford Utd, home and often away, we used to average around 1500-1800 at home games and have always struggled financially. One year we played Man utd in the FA Cup and had around 13,000 fans at Edgar street. They went to see Man utd not hereford. They cheer them during the game then slag them off at work the next day saying how crap they are. These are the fans I cant abide. Most of these fans of course never went again, they will be waiting in the shadows next time we draw prem opposition!

DevilDom

[/quote] Think you are also missing the point. I dont like bandwagon fans, never have never will. Just my opinion, you dont have to agree. I wish I could go to every Devils game but I don't just choose the big ones. It also costs me over £100 a game because of travelling etc, otherwise I's be there every week, believe you me![/quote]

I don't understand how I am missing the point? Based on your rational only people who turn up week in week out should be allowed to go to the big games. That just doesn't make sense, unless the Devils or City can fill their rink or stadium out with season ticket holders anyway. Even then if the City were at Wembly again would only season ticket holders be allowed to go, so 25,000 only? Yes they should get priority on tickets for big games but if there are some left over then of course they should be sold to casual fans. That is after all how new fans are attracted.

nmase20 said:
Twinkle said:

Couldn't be bothered or simply don't have the money to spend on the luxury of going to away games?

This argument is ridiculous if you ask me, who cares if people are "true" supporters, if they are there watching the team then that is all that matters.
Ehh...thats what i was saying !!

A

Anonymous

Think you are also missing the point. I dont like bandwagon fans, never have never will. Just my opinion, you dont have to agree. I wish I could go to every Devils game but I don't just choose the big ones. It also costs me over £100 a game because of travelling etc, otherwise I's be there every week, believe you me![/quote]

I don't understand how I am missing the point? Based on your rational only people who turn up week in week out should be allowed to go to the big games.

Thats not what I'm saying though is it! Thats how your missing the point. lets agree to disagree and move on. . . . . .

A

Anonymous

Ger-Devils said:
DO ME A FAVOUR DO 1!

It would have been great if the city got to the premiership, alot more income into the city, more attention on the place and sport itself!

Win, lose or draw = I'll be there! Glad it's back to our midweek trips to Barnsley with 500 and no plastics like today! We had about 10k people who couldn't give a **** about Cardiff City and they were only there for the "day out" and rubbing their hands for the premiership next season! Same as Blackpool - 30k new fans? Where from?!

Sorry I'm just ****** off with all the ***** asking me for tickets for prem games just because I'm a season ticket holder at the city etc then on our way back from Wembley, texts off them all taking the ****!!

I'm a season ticket holder at both Devils and city as many of my mates are.

Perhaps this explains it better, I agree with the poster, if you dont then fair enough. Its all about opinions.

Wannabe2

nmase20 said:
Twinkle said:

Hit the nail on the head big time, its horses for courses, some can afford every game some cant, some can make every game some cant,some want to go every game, and some dont. Who gives a monkeys ----, as long as you support the Devils thats all that matters

A

Anonymous

More like missing the nail and hitting your thumb. Were not talking about those who cant afford every game. Some don't seem to understand the definition of bandwagon. And its not Devils fans I'm referring to its CCFC fans. Oh well, case closed.

Twinkle said:
nmase20 said:
Twinkle said:

Ehh...thats what i was saying !!
i know it is, i was only disagreeing with you on that one point you made about thinking "couldnt be bothered before eh?", in fact that comment goes completely against the argument you were making in the first place.
Anyway, this thread has gone completely off topic.

Chris

Administrator
Personally I wasn't aware either, or perhaps that should be *any* team are in a position for the fans who consider themselves 'die hard' to turn on the fans they've decided aren't as good/die hard/supportive/whatever as they are.

City are in debt and even with the new stadium probably need all the fans they can get through the door to each and every game.

Devils are hardly in a much better position, we don't own the rink we play in, we seem to lurch from one crisis to another although granted things have got slightly better recently, we haven't won the league, playoffs or challenge cup for a number of years and so can't rely on success to bring more fans/money in.

I actually couldn't care less how many games people attend, maybe that's because I now live in Nottingham and don't get to see many home games at all during the season, but if more people turn up for one game than another then excellent, maybe the extra money coming in will cover a shortfall in games that are less well attended...

Chris :|

DevilDom

Chris said:
Personally I wasn't aware either, or perhaps that should be *any* team are in a position for the fans who consider themselves 'die hard' to turn on the fans they've decided aren't as good/die hard/supportive/whatever as they are.

City are in debt and even with the new stadium probably need all the fans they can get through the door to each and every game.

Devils are hardly in a much better position, we don't own the rink we play in, we seem to lurch from one crisis to another although granted things have got slightly better recently, we haven't won the league, playoffs or challenge cup for a number of years and so can't rely on success to bring more fans/money in.

I actually couldn't care less how many games people attend, maybe that's because I now live in Nottingham and don't get to see many home games at all during the season, but if more people turn up for one game than another then excellent, maybe the extra money coming in will cover a shortfall in games that are less well attended...

Chris :|
Spot on.

A

Anonymous

Ger-Devils said:
DO ME A FAVOUR DO 1!

It would have been great if the city got to the premiership, alot more income into the city, more attention on the place and sport itself!

Win, lose or draw = I'll be there! Glad it's back to our midweek trips to Barnsley with 500 and no plastics like today! We had about 10k people who couldn't give a **** about Cardiff City and they were only there for the "day out" and rubbing their hands for the premiership next season! Same as Blackpool - 30k new fans? Where from?!

Sorry I'm just ****** off with all the ***** asking me for tickets for prem games just because I'm a season ticket holder at the city etc then on our way back from Wembley, texts off them all taking the ****!!

I'm a season ticket holder at both Devils and city as many of my mates are.

This is spot on

Chris

Administrator
I have no doubt that it's annoying if you can't get a ticket to a game or something similar despite going to every previous game, but I guess it would become whoevers own fault for not booking tickets well in advance.

However I still can't understand the justification for the fans turning on each other, especially with both Cardiff teams in such a precarious position. Until City and the Devils can sellout/fill the majority of seats for more or less every game then the fans turning on each other helps absolutely no one.

Both clubs need as many people through the gates as is possible, if that means some people only attend 1 in 3 games or something then I can't see the problem. Would you rather both teams attracted a steady number and played with a reduced budget because of that, or would you rather lots more people turned out for the bigger games and as such raised the gate receipts, allowing the team to play with a bigger budget and possibly secure their future a little easier?

I know which i'd prefer, and i'm sure the club would also rather see bigger crowds, even if it's only for certain games at the present time...

Chris.

nmase20 said:
i know it is, i was only disagreeing with you on that one point you made about thinking "couldnt be bothered before eh?", in fact that comment goes completely against the argument you were making in the first place.
Anyway, this thread has gone completely off topic.
Oops ...sorry , i got a bt confused :)

The comment i made about aways games is i get a lot of stick for doing mainly away games as home games are just too expensive for me and then get accused of not putting money into the Devils coffers....i didnt explain that too goood. Again i apologise,we both mean the same thing...i think :D