Cardiff City FC

Finny

Thread starter #21
Perhaps after the last game they will want to move the game to the County Ground in Nottingham anyway! :D

Finny said:
Perhaps after the last game they will want to move the game to the County Ground in Nottingham anyway! :D
We can hope...

I have just realised with the Forest Game on Monday, they wont change the Swansea game to a sunday morning and it will more likely be a 12 kick off on saturday. Which means if we get away quick enough and the devils are in semi final two we can make it! I can wish... :roll:

Mate they'll move the swansea game whatever happens, even if it has to be played another month they'll move it, im prayin they take it off that weekend though.

wildthing74

CJDevil21 said:
Mate they'll move the swansea game whatever happens, even if it has to be played another month they'll move it, im prayin they take it off that weekend though.
No way they will move that one from the Sunday.Gutted cos they will prob move the away game to the Sunday and thats my birthday.Don't think Mrs,Miss snr and Miss junior Wildthing74 will be too happy with me going down the wild west on my birthday.
Can see what the police make these Sunday games but def be amazing having a Sat 3 o'clock game or even better Friday night under the lights.
Got to be due a win too.Love it if we do the jb's on my birthday weekend.

wildthing74 said:
CJDevil21 said:
No way they will move that one from the Sunday.Gutted cos they will prob move the away game to the Sunday and thats my birthday.Don't think Mrs,Miss snr and Miss junior Wildthing74 will be too happy with me going down the wild west on my birthday.
Can see what the police make these Sunday games but def be amazing having a Sat 3 o'clock game or even better Friday night under the lights.
Got to be due a win too.Love it if we do the jb's on my birthday weekend.
friday nights under lights would be awsome!

Ger-Devils

In's

Hudson from Charlton
Quinn from Motherwell "TBC" He's down the ground at the moment

Out's
Dennehey to Hereford - Either loan or a deal

Ger-Devils

Yup a done deal, Quinn hopefully done by tomorrow, Lita is on the cards, michael ball(not the singer), Tommy Smith, Jordi Lopez also thrown about

Ger-Devils

In's

Hudson from Charlton
Quinn from Motherwell "TBC" He's down the ground at the moment
Marshall from Norwich
Chopra from Sunderland

Academy into 1st team
Josh Magennis
Adam Matthews
Arron Morris

Out's
Dennehey to Hereford - Either loan or a deal
Capaldi linked with 200k move to Blackpool opening way for Quinn to sign.

Finny

Thread starter #31
Bumped into an old mate who in the past has had good contacts and reliable 'rumours'.

Reckons Routledge is unhappy at QPR, who have accepted a £750,000 bid from us.

Finny

Thread starter #33
So who went yesterday to the Legends game?

I did, and with all my usual City mates away on holiday I went with a (female) friend of mine who goes to a handful of games a season, and a work colleague who hated Ninian Park but had bought new season tickets for her husband and 2 sons (the eldest of whom was also in attendance).

We all thought the stadium was fantastic. Walking under the stairs from the concourse into the sunshine of the stadium got the hairs on the back of my neck going. Something I can't remember ever happening at Ninian Park.
The views from the seats are superb. No need to stand up as I think my view was blocked more by peoples heads when we did stand up to welcome the teams onto the pitch.

Apparently the womens toilets are amazing. Both of them said they were the best toilets they had ever been too. I will check out the mens toilets at the next game.

The one down side was the prices in the (spaceous) concourse area. £3.40 for a pint of Foster, and around £3 for any food. I was excited when I saw they were doing Hog Roast, but at £5.40 I gave it a miss. It looks like I will be eating and drinking in Canton as usual.

But everything else was brilliant. My friends son loved it. He used to be an Arsenal fan but can't wait to get a Cardiff City shirt when they come out (probably in February) and I think by the end of the season it will be Blue. His mother had always hated going to Ninian Park but reckons she too will go to a couple of games this season.
My other friend is now quite tempted to get a season ticket.

And I can't wait until there is a proper game in there. The biggest suprise for me was the atmosphere. I thought it would be hard to create any noise, but was astonished when the chanting went up. There could only have been a couple of thousand in there, and maybe only a hundred or so singing. But the noise seemed to bounce off the walls and roof and amplify it. With a big crowd in - I reckon it is going to be better than Ninian Park.

Ger-Devils

Finny said:
So who went yesterday to the Legends game?

I did, and with all my usual City mates away on holiday I went with a (female) friend of mine who goes to a handful of games a season, and a work colleague who hated Ninian Park but had bought new season tickets for her husband and 2 sons (the eldest of whom was also in attendance).

We all thought the stadium was fantastic. Walking under the stairs from the concourse into the sunshine of the stadium got the hairs on the back of my neck going. Something I can't remember ever happening at Ninian Park.
The views from the seats are superb. No need to stand up as I think my view was blocked more by peoples heads when we did stand up to welcome the teams onto the pitch.

Apparently the womens toilets are amazing. Both of them said they were the best toilets they had ever been too. I will check out the mens toilets at the next game.

The one down side was the prices in the (spaceous) concourse area. £3.40 for a pint of Foster, and around £3 for any food. I was excited when I saw they were doing Hog Roast, but at £5.40 I gave it a miss. It looks like I will be eating and drinking in Canton as usual.

But everything else was brilliant. My friends son loved it. He used to be an Arsenal fan but can't wait to get a Cardiff City shirt when they come out (probably in February) and I think by the end of the season it will be Blue. His mother had always hated going to Ninian Park but reckons she too will go to a couple of games this season.
My other friend is now quite tempted to get a season ticket.

And I can't wait until there is a proper game in there. The biggest suprise for me was the atmosphere. I thought it would be hard to create any noise, but was astonished when the chanting went up. There could only have been a couple of thousand in there, and maybe only a hundred or so singing. But the noise seemed to bounce off the walls and roof and amplify it. With a big crowd in - I reckon it is going to be better than Ninian Park.

I didn't make yesterday due to our cricket game but been to the new ground a few times, been on the pitch too which was awesome. Downside is that compass group who bought the right to food off the club at a nice fee I would imagine but the problem is they're taking the piss with food prices. £3.40 for a pint of beer? It's a joke, alot of city fans are strapped for cash and then they bring these prices in. I can see them coming down very quickly as people won't drink there

Ger-Devils

Calling all armchair managers! Want to win a season ticket with Cardiff City? Read on.

In conjunction with the Football League and Texaco, Cardiff City have just launched a new fantasy football league, with prizes available, both from the league and club.

Fancy winning a 2010/11 season ticket at Cardiff City Stadium PLUS a signed and framed shirt from this season? Well that’s what the overall Official Cardiff City private league manager will walk away with.

We are also offering monthly manager prizes of signed City gear, match tickets and more throughout the season. So make sure to sign up TODAY to pit your wits against fellow Bluebirds in the ultimate Championship manager game!

It’s completely FREE to enter. Simply sign up, set your eleven from the Championship and then apply to join our Official CARDIFF CITY private league.

The Cardiff City code to enter is 1651. To sign-up and select a Championship Dream Team please register at http://fantasy.football-league.co.uk/

i have lost interest in cardiff city and reading thir message board i'm not the only one! the fiasco at the end of last season, players that dont care for the club, the new stadium,its def become a game for girls as there are no real men left in football! all in all there are only 2 sports left for me, rugby and ice hockey,games for real men!!!

devils09 said:
i have lost interest in cardiff city and reading thir message board i'm not the only one! the fiasco at the end of last season, players that dont care for the club, the new stadium,its def become a game for girls as there are no real men left in football! all in all there are only 2 sports left for me, rugby and ice hockey,games for real men!!!
i think were are going to stuggle a bit this year, it looks like we are having trouble finding the net, yet we could have the top striker in the league with chops?