Cardiff bay arena

moggy#9

Thread starter #42
the attendance for a semi final against a big team i thought was shocking and that was with a herd of people brought into block 14. empty seats everywhere. We certainly could do with more of that popularity you're talking about!
my thoughts on why:
*walk up ticket prices at all time high
*less crash bang hockey
*beer now expensive
*season tickets highest price ever - fans have already invested their cash in icehockey for the year
*January post xmas belt tightening
Don't forget the sheer inconvenience of a midweek fixture on a school/work night (when people might have other commitments) and the fact that was one of 3 fixtures in close succession against the same team.

moggy#9

Thread starter #43
It’ll never ever happen, stop wasting your time thinking about it!
Frankly I'd be happy with the playoffs, or some other occasional treat. There's no harm in dreaming. It's for better business brains than mine (luckily we have done of those in mr king and Mr kelman) as to whether it could be made to work for anything else.

Kevlar68

Cardiff does need a bigger indoor arena for about 10-15,000 but cant see it happening. It was like the unicorn farm planned for Toys R Us, talking out their arse. :p

Wannabe2

The indoor Arena will definately happen, the council want the Motorpoint site and it will more than pay for a new Arena. Cardiff is now a big call on UK tours, and it would be busy. Can’t see it having a ice pad, and it would be far too big for us, and you can only play when it suits them. We are fine as we are for now, I love our home.

doron

i personally feel wales could have space for many new teams at least 2 more.
just for instance Anglesey population is 69,961 in 2018 Swansea is 241,300
a 3000 - 5000 arenas should be sustainable, and i reckon that the interest would explode in wales if there were more teams
and it would not affect Cardiff at all, if it's marketed right they'll come.