Calgary stampede summit

Kevlar68

Thread starter #187
It's calgary stampede not Henley royal regatta.
And what a great stampede it was along with our signings.
Any event and fair of this size is going to be burgers, hot dogs, ribs, fries etc etc.
You don't go to a stampede for the fine dining experience with scenic serene surroundings. It's YAHOO! ;)

Last edited:

Kevlar68

Thread starter #189
I think you may have gone to stampede with the wrong perception of the event.
1.3 million attended over the 10 days and I bet 1.2 million used the "trash" food stalls.
It's cowboys, cowgirls, farming, agriculture, not polo and show jumping.
It's BBQ, grilled, deep fried hand food.
BUT as long as you enjoyed your time while there no matter where you spent it that's all that matters.

Last edited:
Although our first calgary rodeo, it's not our first. Cody, sheridan and Jackson hole just as exciting and food waaay much better, bbq food and authentic "cowboy" food. Anyway each to their own.

Thank you Kevlar68 and Martynwo for your on the spot interesting observations and comments. It increased my enjoyment of a Great Stampede and Summit. Full of optimism following these announcements.
Great work all the Ownership and Management team.

SteveKing

There's no question that smaller rodeos would have much better food. The Stampede is not that. It's a large scale carnival where the food focus seems to have become who can sell the strangest dishes. Needless to say, nobody goes to the Stampede grounds for the food. In fact I can't remember the last time I would have ever bought food there! It was great to see the Stampede and the city light up this year. Great attendance, great atmosphere throughout the city. Almost as fun as the summit evening at Parker's house!

Kevlar68

Thread starter #194
Agreed Steve, we went for rodeo day, Chuck wagon final night, freshly squeezed lemonade and beers, oh and the strangest food we could find and could not fault any of it, so well organised, the summit wasn't to shabby either :D
Calgary should be so proud of what the businesses and locals have done.

Enjoyed 17th Ave again, some great rock bars along there.

But it's all over and sad to see it empty today.

_20220719_161720.JPG

Last edited:

Kevlar68

Thread starter #195
It's goodbye stampede and calgary, thanks for having us it was amazing beyond belief, once again
2020, 2022, see you 2024.

_20220720_122001.JPG

And hello Devils hockey nights.

Last edited:

terry hunt

It seems like a great event totally politically incorrect.
The one odd thing apart from a mention of cowgirls there dont seem to any female involvement.
Is this a deliberate thing like a rugby tour.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #199
Lots of female involvement.
Barrel racing - all females
Bareback relay racing had females
Junior rodeo had more girls than boys.
Trick and stunt riders all female.
As many female spectators as male.
Many horse owners were female.
Pride also had a big part to play and they had a "Drag brunch" in one of the main venues that was sold out.
My fiancee got more excited than me during the daytime rodeo.

Last edited:

kingmo19.1

You can’t fool us Kev, we all know you walked through Business Class took a quick pic then ended up at the back of Economy class, middle isle seat next to the toilets :).