Calgary stampede summit

Finny

Not sure if it’s connected to the Canadian internet outage, but I’m struggling to load eliteprospects.
one minute it’s working, the next it’s gone.

Samael

So no massive surprises then. Shame no register but you can't have everything.

Gotta be honest as awkward as these summits have been in the past, this years one actually made me laugh, especially the blatant filming of cleavage of the girl in the red top and the 3 blondes proclaiming they love Cox. Classy lol

Slartibartfast

So based on their points production and chemistry from last year I have:-

Line 1 Crandall Martin Reid
Line 2 Cox Coughler Sandford
Line 3 Brittain Waller Penny
Line 4 Duggan Davies Brandt

although the positions look a bit wrong on line 3 and 4

Kevlar68

Thread starter #147
I'd swap line 1 with line 2 to start season and see how it goes.
Line 2 works, line 1 is an unknown.
Forget stats, go with definites.
There's no chemistry for line 1 as never played together.

Last edited:

BostonBart22

Well that was worth waiting for, good to see Jardine back, he was hitting peak form with us before covid times, looking at D it looks strongest for a few seasons, was hoping Crandell was back as well, Ryan Penny went unoticed with me when he played us last season, prob as Blaze were poor which was unusual for them, no doubt he will bring his game to a team that will finish in the top 3 again and hopefully go 1 place further, we got the team to do it, no CHL to worry about, we can let Belfast struggle with that...6 weeks to face off, cant wait...

Mazzoak

Yeh because where Brian Parker lives there is an Internet cafe just around the corner….

But please, don’t stop. Keep making yourself look stupid.
Ive no idea where the location is, I’m just dumb for assuming they’d choose a suitable place and have a plan B.

Great line up, really worth the wait.

Finny

Ive no idea where the location is, I’m just dumb for assuming they’d choose a suitable place and have a plan B.

Great line up, really worth the wait.
I guess that's the issue with posting so much on a Devils forum when you aren't (by your own admission) a Devils fan. Each year these are held in an owners house (usually Steve King or Brian Parker's) which based on the surrounds are out in the country where the mobile data coverage isn't great.
They had a plan B. They implemented a plan B.

Finny

The number of announcements tends to depend on who is there. But it’s usually at least 4 often 5.

I’ll go for
Cox
Sanford
Kozun
Jardine
Brittain

Part of me hopes Crandall is announced as a returnee too but it’s gone very quiet on him.
I'm classing this as a 6 out of 6 win. Hardly my fault they went all in and announced the rest of the squad too!

It's a shame they had internet issues as the idea was great and even anticipating internet issues by filming some of the announcements in advance.

E.D.S.

Crandall was key for me. Great news. New players to the league, someone to give us better puck retention with size and a player known to the league - what better way to vet a player - and a returning star. Very happy with this.

Mazzoak

I guess that's the issue with posting so much on a Devils forum when you aren't (by your own admission) a Devils fan. Each year these are held in an owners house (usually Steve King or Brian Parker's) which based on the surrounds are out in the country where the mobile data coverage isn't great.
They had a plan B. They implemented a plan B.
You missed the irony of Francis explaining the reasons for the change in format & then suffering the issue they’d tried to avoid. I guess next yr repeating livestreams in an area with poor Internet, when it works, even worse when it doesn’t, we will get a location with better internet, maybe the IAW ;). I’ve been ”not a Devils fan” for a few yrs now, thanks for the information.

Anyway it’s over & done and we move on, to the next instalment of Mega Monday.

Diablo3

Great summit despite the technical issues. We have a seriously good chance of silverware this season, can't wait. Love the way they dropped all the remaining players names. It was a "this is us bring it on" moment

Kevlar68

Thread starter #156
Had a good evening at Fionn MacCools celebrating our signings with happy hour beers and shots.

Is that our roster full now? or is there 2 more to go?