Bruins v Elite League Select

A

Anonymous

When this was first announced a few people straight away criticised the whole event. At the time I thought why? I still ask why? Seems like it was a special night for all involved, certainly something to tell the Grand kids. Fair play to our EIHL players, they did themselves and our hockey proud. Murphy obviously was excellent, and well done to Scott (Matzka) for his point and Jade (fat Panther) Galbraith :lol: for a well taken goal.

Not sure what the attendance was but going by the footage it looked more than healthy !!!

ASHIPP

Thread starter #62
Wish I'd raised enough cash to take the trip. :twisted: Looks like a fantastic game, with the Giants' Select doing themselves proud, especially with minimal training together. V proud for Scott(Matzka) to contribute to the Select goal. :cool: And Murphy....what can be said? OUTSTANDING - the best netminder in the EIHL by a country mile and, as someone has said earlier, is possibly under the radar of North American hockey after that performance.
What fantastic publicity for the players and British ice hockey generally. This can only enhance its profile and generate much wider interest from sponsors and newcomer fans.

i did not make the game but i said to my mate that if boston play like they do in the nhl belfast would get destroyed, and would only manage a few shots on goal how wrong was i, was the game played in the same style as nhl game or elih standard?

osh

Quick update. The Bruins normally play on a smaller NHL size rink and took time to get going. I have been fortunate enough to have a few contacts with the Bruins organisation in the past and due to this I was lucky enough to be able to speak to coach Claude Julien and Zdeno Chara after the game. Believe me, they treated this game as a serious warm up and will do the same against Liberec before taking on the Coyotes in their opening 2 games. They obviously stepped up a notch after conceding the opening game, but they were definately impressed with the standard of the Giants select side.
They also liked the noise and chants generated by the crowd, and were very well treated by the Giants organisation who deserve huge credit for making the game possible. Lets hope we can get a game like this if and when we open our new rink !