Brock McBride leaves Giants

ASHIPP

Whilst it's unfortunate for Giants that they are suffering a combination of injuries/bans/departures, I'm afraid it's a case of 'welcome to the real world'...most other teams have had to ice short-benches already this season.
Winning is a lot easier when a team can ice experienced Brits, and have a good quota of imports to choose from.

This will be the real for their team, and the skills of their coach to adapt to these changes.

Finny said:
I don't read KOTG anymore as it is internet toilet paper.

Those on THF seemed pretty disappointed at the time, and rightly so.
What the 6 Giants fans that post on THF regularly is what your basing your opinions on, one of which is me and i've already said he was just an average import for us last year... :DWD

most other teams have had to ice short-benches already this season.
Winning is a lot easier when a team can ice experienced Brits, and have a good quota of imports to choose from.
McBride is playing Saturday night so at least we have another import in this weekend. I'm sure Awada will play for the next week or so till we get a replacement in, so we won't be that short benched after all. Next game we will have Mason, Kuiper, Rebek, Crane, Dignard, Keefe, McBride, Awada, Pelle. We just need a top replacement to cover for McBride for the following week..

Lloyd

Belfast Giants press release

Brock McBride will play his last game for the Stena Line Belfast Giants on Saturday night. The forward has been offered a much more lucrative deal to move to Olimpija Ljubljana in the Austrian League.

He has opted to give the club his two weeks notice clause he has in his contract and will fly out early next week.

General manager Todd Kelman explained: "Brock has been a great player for us and we are very disappointed that he is leaving the Giants.

"He is a great player and, at his age, he is a very attractive player to sign for alot of bigger European clubs from leagues that can pay alot more money than this league can.

"I know that Brock has had at least three other offers during his time with us that he turned down, which is a testament to how he was playing for the Giants.

"Clubs were taking notice of him tearing up the scoring charts and when they need a player to score, they were looking at guys like Brock to leave their club and come to them.

"This is the reality of our sport. We have taken players from other clubs and we have had teams take players from us before, and unfortunately this won't be the last time a team in the Elite League loses a player to a higher-paying league.

"It comes at a very bad time for us with losing Clarke to suspension and already having a load of injuries that will leave us short staffed over the next few games, but we will get through it.

"I really like Brock as a guy and obviously I think he is a great player. He is young and has a great career ahead of him. I know he has enjoyed his time in Belfast, particularly playing with this group of guys.

"We worked everything out with him and his new club to make this transition smooth for both parties. We wish him well this season and for the rest of his career."

Doug Christiansen has already started the process to find a replacement for Brock and will hopefully have an announcement soon.