Brock McBride leaves Giants

James said:
Haven't we already got an 'obsessing about Belfast' thread for this week ;)
:D

Will be quite interesting to see who comes in for Mcbride, the howls of laughter from some folk, could turn into tears quite quickly if certain rumours are true :twisted:

Gazza272

jester said:
James said:

Will be quite interesting to see who comes in for Mcbride, the howls of laughter from some folk, could turn into tears quite quickly if certain rumours are true :twisted:

Matzka? :lol:

ASHIPP

jester said:
James said:

Craig Weller?

wildthing74

Finny said:
oneill said:
Bayreck was released and was not unexpected as never fitted in with his line mates and he went to Austria...
Yeh right! :lol:
Bayrack was arguably the Giants' best player in those early month and most Belfast fans were gutted when he left.
Never heard any suggestion he was released because he wasn't performing well enough, everyone said he left for better money.
Normally Oneill is the only Giant that comes on here that talks sense but yeah that a good bit of spin!

wildthing74 said:
Finny said:
oneill said:
Bayreck was released and was not unexpected as never fitted in with his line mates and he went to Austria...
Yeh right! :lol:
Bayrack was arguably the Giants' best player in those early month and most Belfast fans were gutted when he left.
Never heard any suggestion he was released because he wasn't performing well enough, everyone said he left for better money.
Normally Oneill is the only Giant that comes on here that talks sense but yeah that a good bit of spin!

Don't know what site Finny was reading his Giants fans reports on Bayreck but it was not KOTG.. The fans were indifferent to Bayreck last season, and in a thread asking what import players the Giants wanted back from last years team Bayreck was not one of them on anyone's list.

Here's my comment on him, I was one of the more positive poster. ''Mike Bayreck - ? Some games he looks good and others he looks ordinary...''

He was brought in to be a sniper but never gelled with his team mates.. I rated him behind Prudden, B.Hemmingway, Welch, Benedict, before he left.. I'd say most Giants fans I know had Bayreck in the same camp as Smyth, and C.Hemmingway last season as not living up to expectations. Bit like P.L.F the season before..

Paul Sullivan

oneill said:
Don't know what site Finny was reading his Giants fans reports on Bayreck but it was not KOTG.. The fans were indifferent to Bayreck last season, and in a thread asking what import players the Giants wanted back from last years team Bayreck was not one of them on anyone's list.

Here's my comment on him, I was one of the more positive poster. ''Mike Bayreck - ? Some games he looks good and others he looks ordinary...''

He was brought in to be a sniper but never gelled with his team mates.. I rated him behind Prudden, B.Hemmingway, Welch, Benedict, before he left.. I'd say most Giants fans I know had Bayreck in the same camp as Smyth, and C.Hemmingway last season as not living up to expectations. Bit like P.L.F the season before..
He must really have been pants if you can't spell his name correctly. After 5 tries.

You one of the Belfast commentary team by any chance? ;)

Finny

I don't read KOTG anymore as it is internet toilet paper.

Those on THF seemed pretty disappointed at the time, and rightly so.

Finny

jester said:
Finny said:
I don't read KOTG anymore as it is internet toilet paper.

Those on THF seemed pretty disappointed at the time, and rightly so.
Odd you were only on there the other week :|
Yes. Because someone pointed out my post had been copied and pasted on there without my permission.

Brock left the club for a better offer, we all know that for most players the EIHL is simply a shop window to them. Mike Hoffman regarded the EIHL as a glorified beer league, cant argue with him on that one.

As a Giants fan its disappointing but not surprising, but the Giants will move on and hopefully bring in a replacement fast as we are now severely short benched and have a lost our best players. Doucet and McBride.

Have to admit I am enjoying the new attitude towards the Giants around the league, ohh nasty giants with their reckless players. I hated most of the other clubs anyways, good to see some coming back this way. Adds some bite to the games.