Brent Interview

Re: Brent pope interview

discountedawaytravel said:
Temme said:
And I have no idea where this money has come from to sign 3 new imports!!!

Still, exciting times on the horizon when new bodies are arriving :x
dunno much about pay but are the european players usually much cheaper?
More often than not

Finny

Got to love Google Translate:

Stamp of the Holy leaving Jesenice . 28 year-old quarterback in the first season defending pair will continue into the English elite ice hockey league with teams from Wales Cardiff Devils .

devilsŽiga has a lot of experience , including international . He began his career in Bled , then moved to Olimpija . Through Bolzano and Vevče Alfa has led the way in Jesenice , but later was also tested in Finland . After his sole appearance for the senior national team at the World Cup it is the path leading to the Netherlands , in France, in Belgrade, in the previous season , he again played in the Netherlands and later in Germany . He was also a member of the Slovenian national to 18 and 20 years . This season he played for Team Jesenice and proved to be an effective defender as he collected 25 appearances with 21 points (4 goals , 21 assists ) .

Hell Cardiff in the elite English league acting since 2003 , among the top ten clubs are the second oldest . Home games played at Cardiff Ice Arena , which adopts 3500 visitors. The club has a number of successful and winning seasons , but in the current contest have not yet started using the title of champion , but in the 2005/06 season won the Challenge Cup . Their gang colors are red, black and white , club logo adorns the devil's head . The club was established in 1986, owns the club is Paul Regan . Cardiff currently occupies the eighth place in the rankings, 30 matches but have won 25 points . Stamp will be in the new club debut on Sunday roaming settlement League against Coventry .

Stamp the decision of leaving the new path taken yesterday . At the tender Cardiff had an offer on the table from Denmark, but it was the first concrete and reliable. On the way I should have done today , but since there was no real air links , the day allowing for exams in college. Contract with a new club it attaches to the end of the season, so that Ig promises to return to his homeland only in the month of April .

" The season I will continue abroad in Cardiff ," the conversation started Ziga Holy and continued: " I ​​would like to thank everyone who gave me through this season stand by . Probably without a membership Hockey Federation of Slovenia Jesenice hockey this season would not be . This project me and some allow you to play at a high level . Otherwise, many of us hockey equipment can be put away for a corner . Jesenice team is good, the quality and I wish her ​​the best of luck in the season . They are able to reach for prominent rankings after the playoff , which will always be a contender for the win. With the goal I spent a lot of beauty and believe in them . "

Stamp ... GOOD LUCK !
Stamp ... GOOD LUCK !

At the reputation of the Ziga also remembered all those who accompany hockey from the stands . Without them sport gets its meaning and its weight , making the athletes know it . "Of course it is right that before leaving thank the audience who supported us through appearances in the INL . In particular, it is my appreciation and thanks to a group of fans who are able to make good games fan atmosphere . I hope that I will ever be able to play in Jesenice , but I wish you well , that this is a hockey town comes alive as we have all along used to, "said the reputation of Podmežakla Žiga the world.

Ziga Thanks for all the good luck in the UK , enjoy hockey and be healthy !

kettdevil1 said:
Martynwo said:
Who is Cesky ?
He has been around the EPL for some years, decent enough player who knows where the goal is..... Think he is on Manchester's books at the moment.
It says in the text below the interview "veteran Professional Jaroslav Cesky who joins us from Manchester Phoenix on a short term tranfer."
(Spelling mistake theirs not mine ;) )

ice pie said:
kettdevil1 said:
Martynwo said:
Who is Cesky ?
He has been around the EPL for some years, decent enough player who knows where the goal is..... Think he is on Manchester's books at the moment.
It says in the text below the interview "veteran Professional Jaroslav Cesky who joins us from Manchester Phoenix on a short term tranfer."
(Spelling mistake theirs not mine ;) )
Looks like Jaroslav didn't manage to play any competitive games for Manchester Phoenix - which in itself would be quite a good achievement (2nd in the EPL)

Stats seem to suggest his last competitive game was on Boxing Day when playing for Peterborough in a 5-3 defeat against Milton Keynes. The Phantoms are currently propping up the EPL and Jaroslav is chipping in at over a point a game, just under 2:1 assists to goal ratio, which suggests a good team player. At 35, probably sees this as one of his last opportunities to play Elite League Hockey in the UK.