Booth and Devils part ways.

ASHIPP

Many fans loved what Carruth brought to the Devils. His record spoke for itself, his professionalism on the ice and his work ethic was exceptional....but we need to get over him, sadly. He will never appear on our roster again whilst playing so well elsewhere, and the prospect of playing in better leagues. And it is highly unlikely that he will not be at the Devils whilst Bowns is in goal. Bownsey will continue to be the Team GB goalie who will need plenty of icetime to stay in shape. A goalie of Carruth's stature and experience will be expecting to be the 1st choice always.

Whoever is our no2 nettie will need to be a good, competent (maybe younger) goalie who is accepting of a lesser role ....but will need to be given real time 'live' game experience to develop himself and give Bowns a rest from all his commitments (Continental Cup and Team GB duties coming up soon)

august04 2.0

Interesting reading: https://www.eliteleague.co.uk/stats/goalies?id_season=38&id_stage=1

I think we are agreed that Besko is a quality netminder. Bowns is statistically better this season.
Shane Owen is statistically better too and he’s a mile off the quality of Besko - and certainly not the best nettie in the league, despite topping the stats. I don’t take much notice of EIHL goalie stats, with the disparity between the teams and especially so early in the season.

august04 2.0

Bowns has certainly surprised me this season. He’s played well whenever I’ve seen him (not been to all games admittedly) and is benefiting from having a more solid looking D in front of him so far this year too. In games where I have seen Booth play, he’s started off looking a bit shaky and then grown into games. From what I've seen, he was not at the level that I was expecting and which I feel we need to have in the roster to rotate with Bowns and allow us to compete for the league title. But he needs to be replaced with a better goalie. If we're going with Bowns as the out and out number 1, playing virtually all the games, with a Brit back up - we won’t be winning the league this year. It’s too much for one goalie. Will be interesting to see how this one develops….

kettdevil1

To a certain extent I would agree (hence why I phrased it 'statistically better') although I would say it is indicative - Owen has been stellar so far this season and whilst he is not as good a NM as Besko, he has been amongst the best I have seen so far.... However I was responding to the claim that:

If he was an import he wouldn't be in the devils team.

That's a fact

I would suggest this is nonsense given his performances so far this season. It is also demonstratively not 'a fact'

kettdevil1

Bowns has certainly surprised me this season. He’s played well whenever I’ve seen him (not been to all games admittedly) and is benefiting from having a more solid looking D in front of him so far this year too. In games where I have seen Booth play, he’s started off looking a bit shaky and then grown into games. From what I've seen, he was not at the level that I was expecting and which I feel we need to have in the roster to rotate with Bowns and allow us to compete for the league title. But he needs to be replaced with a better goalie. If we're going with Bowns as the out and out number 1, playing virtually all the games, with a Brit back up - we won’t be winning the league this year. It’s too much for one goalie. Will be interesting to see how this one develops….
Yup, agree. For lots of reasons it is too much of a risk to just have one NM if we are shooting for the title. Bowns has been great but all it would take is one popped knee and we would be in trouble if we don't go for another top line netminder

Devil94

Certainly a good name for a netminder. Pretty good stats, especially in last year of college. Not the 'besko' maybe some were expecting but don't think that was ever gonna happen. Good luck to him, hopefully he settles in and he provides reliable support for Bownsy.

moggy#9

I honestly thought this was a wind up with that name. Looking at his skill ratings and his performances in the echl, he could be a real capture.

ASHIPP

Let's hope this young man isn't sidelined to sit on the bench every game. If the Club sign a young upcoming goalie, he needs live game experience as part of his development and to stay sharp.
Steelers and Panthers are utilising both goalies on their roster.
Looking forward to seeing Tyler in action.