Booth and Devils part ways.

Thread starter #1
Devils part way with BOOTH. Wish him the best of luck wherever he ends up. Thanks for the efforts BOOTHY.

He has only played a handful of pre season and challenge cup games so I wonder why ways have been parted this early into the season. I hope it isn't a case of they think because BOWNSEY has been standing on his head lately that they will play him consistently and get a cheaper NM as back up as that would be very very risky. Anyway, as I said, good luck to Callum wherever he signs. I am sure when he finds his form he will be a real asset to a team.

Last edited:

Devils86

Unfortunately we are unlikely to hear much further on this other than rumours. Sad to read this as I hoped he would be the long term replace for Bowns for both Devils and GB. Interesting to see what Devils do about his replacement

RedDevil17

Don’t blame him at all for leaving. Deserved more games. Thought he did well when he played, but then again it was obvious Russell would favour Bowns due to Brit bias. Wish him well

kettdevil1

Don’t blame him at all for leaving. Deserved more games. Thought he did well when he played, but then again it was obvious Russell would favour Bowns due to Brit bias. Wish him well
Interesting - did you think he did enough to unseat Bowns as number 1? I thought he was solid but Bowns has been on a different level so far this season. Not convinced it is anything to do with British bias (I believe Booth has dual nationality), I just think he wasn't quite up to where I thought he would be. Disappointed he has gone as I thought it would be a decent tandem

Swarley

Interesting - did you think he did enough to unseat Bowns as number 1? I thought he was solid but Bowns has been on a different level so far this season. Not convinced it is anything to do with British bias (I believe Booth has dual nationality), I just think he wasn't quite up to where I thought he would be. Disappointed he has gone as I thought it would be a decent tandem
Don't think he got a chance to prove him self as a contender for the starting spot tbh, 4 pre season games and 2 challenge cup games isn't enough to get settled and figure shit out in my opinion.

jenks33

Felt like a strange situation for a while. I’m not surprised Booth hasn’t been playing league games as Bowns is playing well but it was odd that he didn’t feature in the last couple of challenge cup games. Even if Pete Russell wasn’t happy with Booth’s form in those early games surely you give him an opportunity in the cup games (let’s face it you can afford to lose a few cup games). I might be way off but my hunch is PR and Booth’s relationship might have broken down a few weeks ago and that’s why he didn’t feature in those CC games. I suppose we’ll never know though

RedDevil17

Wasn’t even given a chance to do so

kettdevil1

Don't think he got a chance to prove him self as a contender for the starting spot tbh, 4 pre season games and 2 challenge cup games isn't enough to get settled and figure shit out in my opinion.
Which begs the question (and replying to @RedDevil17 as well), did he kick off about this or did the Devils make the decision. If the latter I have sympathy, if the former, it's limited

moggy#9

I think that I mentioned on another thread that the only explanation for booth's lack of games was that he was on his way out. I think booth was expected to be a besky level elite goalie, but he ended up being no better than kozun.

Now that the nhl camps are over I fully expect us to bring in a very good replacement very quickly. There is no question IMO of us having bowns shoulder the majority of games, that's simply not practical with where the league us now.

AJ73

I think we’ll be going for Preece or Hedley from NIHL - that will allow us to scratch 2 Brit skaters potentially and play Pietroniro, Alderson & Mosey. The timing on this announcement with Mosey back this weekend?