Booing

Wagstaff

Jones72 said:
Zack Kassian said:
You expect fans to turn up pay petrol fee car park fee £17 ticket no doubt 50/50 ticket etc and not have there oppinion and express there feelings?

Get a grip some of you deluded fans.
No, I don't expect fans to turn up and pay for petrol, car parking, £17 for their ticket, 50/50 ticket (optional, by the way), etc. and not have their opinion or express their feelings.

That said, I find it very telling that the number people booing is, at least, in a significant minority. I think it's a pretty safe bet that the significant majority that choose not to boo are just as disappointed with the run of form...myself included...so it's got absolutely nothing to do with blinkers, rose-tinted glasses, delusions or any other such claim.

Max's statement in the article above pretty much says it all.

Form, whether we like it or not, is a shifting tide. It will turn. My opinion of current form, no matter how negatively or positively I choose to express it, will have absolutely no impact in changing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
At the end of last season you were short benched, your top points scorer was injured and you lost some of the games you would expect to win, but your players "turned up" isn't that what they are paid to do, they made their own luck and ground out their results, Max's statement means nothing more than that the players don't want to be on the same bus out of town as Ross went on, if they are truly behind him, they need to show it on the ice not in the local media!

Jones72

Thread starter #42
Wagstaff said:
Max's statement means nothing more than that the players don't want to be on the same bus out of town as Ross went on, if they are truly behind him, they need to show it on the ice not in the local media!
Considering the tabloid circus at the start of the week, I'd bet there's a bit more to it than that, but yes, I agree...they need to show it on the ice, and max confirms that they, the players, are aware of this (not exactly groundbreaking news either...as they're professional sportsmen).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Ocko said:
Finny said:
Booing at the end of the game shows the same hockey intellect as shouting SHOOOT 3 seconds into a powerplay.
It is nothing alike. Booing is a dissatisfaction, and rightly so. Shouting shoot is stupid yes, butt not a sign of dissatisfaction. Anyone who has had any amount of coaching will know you retain possession on a powerplay.
We are not keeping possession or shooting on the powerplays at the moment !

Fubar

if i wanna boo i'll boo, as i would, if i watch a crap performance in any other given sport i watch. i also cheer when they score a goal to celebrate the effort put in to get us a goal. its called emotion. thats doenst make me a bad fan. it lets me tell the team i thought they played crap or fantastic! if my desire is to shout "shoot" 3 seconds into the powerplay, i again, am expressing my desire for the team to carry out that action. If i also shout "throw a hit" and they respond well then great! The players are professionals, they know when their performance is well below par and they definitely know what a boo means. will they run off to the locker room and burst into tears? i doubt it. It will make them look at themselves and insure that their next performance doesnt warrant booing.

for the record, i thought the performance was pants. Did i boo?..No i was half way out the door by then.

Jed - Penalty Box Stairs Stewerd

Ejercito Rojas

You really do have to laugh, according to some people, if you boo or express vocal disatisfaction then your not a true fan to be displaying such 'disgusting' behaviour.
Apparently, the 'best fans in the league' would never dream of being so crass!! Unbelievable!!
You get what you deserve, if you accept mediocrity, then you'll get mediocrity, FACT!
And for all those ' in G we trust' believers, what exactly do you trust him to deliver? Because with the
exception of one season, where five or six players had career years after the introduction of Craig Weller, G has promised winning teams to challenge for honours but delivered mediocrity.
I expect only one thing from my team, a team that play in a small rink, and that is to punish the opposition and to win the vast majority of our home fixtures. Apparently though, that's unreasonable!

At the end of the day its all just a matter of opinion. I wouldn't boo my team no matter how crap they are playing. Does that mean I have rose tinted glasses? I wouldn't say so. I turn up to games to support the team I love, if im not happy with what im seeing then I would no longer turn up.
Most teams at some point through the years will have spells where they perform well below par. look at man united at the moment. I will continue to support the guys until they turn things around and come good.
Like I say, thats just me, if some people feel the requirement to boo the team they've paid to see then so be it.

DevilDom said:
I don't think the booing helps the team or anyone really, but if people feel the need to do it then its their choice.
Fair enough but you should support your team either way :roll:

I think if people feel that way Stay away sick and tired of people moaning, I would like to see some of the whingers get suited up and play,I know they are proffessionals but something isnt right and until its sorted there's nothing we can do about it, as I said just stay away then maybe when there back up all come back to cheer them! The booing is a disgrace :DWD

Slate me all you want but I am a true Fan stick by them throurgh thick and thin! :RAWK

Gospel

I see no reason why people cant boo, if they so wish. We are paying customers and if they are not happy with what they paid for then let them vent their frustration.

Telling the people that boo to stay is not a great idea as at least they are paying and no doubt the club needs the funds from these people.

Just like anything in life, if you pay for a service that you dont like you display your displeasure. The players are professionals, getting paid (albeit not vast amounts) for something they love to do and that most people can only enjoy as a hobby.

I know in my job that if i provide a service that isnt great not only do i get told so by my boss, my colleagues but also friends and the client. The players are lucky its just boo's.

If the players are hurt/upset/peeved at being booed then they can try to change that in their play just like Jeff Pierce did. If they are not bothered and dont care then maybe they should take a long hard look at themsevles. There are some players that are way below par, some who maybe shouldnt be here this year but those are decisions for G, Franny & PR.

D

Deleted member 1337

Gospel said:
I see no reason why people cant boo, if they so wish. We are paying customers and if they are not happy with what they paid for then let them vent their frustration.

Telling the people that boo to stay is not a great idea as at least they are paying and no doubt the club needs the funds from these people.

Just like anything in life, if you pay for a service that you dont like you display your displeasure. The players are professionals, getting paid (albeit not vast amounts) for something they love to do and that most people can only enjoy as a hobby.

I know in my job that if i provide a service that isnt great not only do i get told so by my boss, my colleagues but also friends and the client. The players are lucky its just boo's.

If the players are hurt/upset/peeved at being booed then they can try to change that in their play just like Jeff Pierce did. If they are not bothered and dont care then maybe they should take a long hard look at themsevles. There are some players that are way below par, some who maybe shouldnt be here this year but those are decisions for G, Franny & PR.
I think that this is a great post.
Personally, I would have booed, but I left the rink straight after the final whistle, maybe I'll be bothered to wait after the next game.

But Jeff Pierce was always inconsistent as I remember, so he didn't really change his game (I think).