Booing

Ocko

Unfortunately Wagstaff a growing number of devils fans are more than happy to be plucky losers. I agree you shouldn't be bossed by anyone in your own rink. It's in their own barn you expect the arena teams to show their quality. PR hasn't invested in a team only beat the non arena teams; to quote Adams 'this is the best team I've put together'. So there is no excuse.

Once again we were tactically out of sorts. No individual effort was missing but once again Adams allowed Lloyd and Keefe to mug us off the entire game.

Ocko

Finny said:
Booing at the end of the game shows the same hockey intellect as shouting SHOOOT 3 seconds into a powerplay.
It is nothing alike. Booing is a dissatisfaction, and rightly so. Shouting shoot is stupid yes, butt not a sign of dissatisfaction. Anyone who has had any amount of coaching will know you retain possession on a powerplay.

Ocko said:
Finny said:
Booing at the end of the game shows the same hockey intellect as shouting SHOOOT 3 seconds into a powerplay.
It is nothing alike. Booing is a dissatisfaction, and rightly so. Shouting shoot is stupid yes, butt not a sign of dissatisfaction. Anyone who has had any amount of coaching will know you retain possession on a powerplay.
+1

Basically people need to realise that unless you turn up to a game with your rose tinted glasses, and your screaming out at the top of your lungs "we love you devils" and admirably loving everything they do, then the same handful of people on this forum will not accept you as a fan. And god forbid should you boo wow! They're a professional sports team and whilst they're playing well they should get cheered and when they look like the under 12's could beat them playing blindfolded then deservedly they should be booed and why not? Are the booers hurting these rose tinted fans feelings? Well tough doo doo. I wasn't at the game as working but updates from the game said they were playing terrible....... again. So yea why not be booed.

Is booing gonna hurt the team? No. But what will hurt the team is if I cancel my direct debit but I won't. I was one of the booers because I wasn't happy with the performance

mazza03

Some of the remarks amaze me, do you think the team goes out there to lose? You only have to look at the players faces as they skate of to see just how disappointed they are, booing? No it's not for me, support my team? Yes, Am I disappointed? Yes of course I am, we could do with a bit of luck and a few players to turn up.

Jones72

Thread starter #31
mazza03 said:
Some of the remarks amaze me, do you think the team goes out there to lose? You only have to look at the players faces as they skate of to see just how disappointed they are, booing? No it's not for me, support my team? Yes, Am I disappointed? Yes of course I am, we could do with a bit of luck and a few players to turn up.
Spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

A

Anonymous

Lloyd Keefe and even swez did exactly what they wanted last night!
Not just them but so did Henley and salters for panthers,
Even sheffields fata did what he wanted down here!

We are supposed to be at home and show these teams who is the boss.
And at the moment it's not happening,

G says this is the best team he has ever had??
What a load of bollox that is.

You expect fans to turn up pay petrol fee car park fee £17 ticket no doubt 50/50 ticket etc and not have there oppinion and express there feelings?

Get a grip some of you deluded fans.

Zack Kassian said:
Lloyd Keefe and even swez did exactly what they wanted last night!
Not just them but so did Henley and salters for panthers,
Even sheffields fata did what he wanted down here!

We are supposed to be at home and show these teams who is the boss.
And at the moment it's not happening,

G says this is the best team he has ever had??
What a load of bollox that is.

You expect fans to turn up pay petrol fee car park fee £17 ticket no doubt 50/50 ticket etc and not have there oppinion and express there feelings?

Spot on

Gazza272

I would not boo. Personally I choose to simply not clap the guys off if I am dissatisfied.

However I support each and every fan who chooses to boo. You Support in your own way and the passion of a game makes you react as you will.

You pay your money your allowed to express yourself within acceptable boundaries In my opinion.

Skippy

Gazza272 said:
I would not boo. Personally I choose to simply not clap the guys off if I am dissatisfied.
My approach as well.

Wouldn't boo the team but can see where people are coming from.. kind of.

Jones72

Thread starter #38
Zack Kassian said:

No, I don't expect fans to turn up and pay for petrol, car parking, £17 for their ticket, 50/50 ticket (optional, by the way), etc. and not have their opinion or express their feelings.

That said, I find it very telling that the number people booing is, at least, in a significant minority. I think it's a pretty safe bet that the significant majority that choose not to boo are just as disappointed with the run of form...myself included...so it's got absolutely nothing to do with blinkers, rose-tinted glasses, delusions or any other such claim.

Max's statement in the article above pretty much says it all.

Form, whether we like it or not, is a shifting tide. It will turn. My opinion of current form, no matter how negatively or positively I choose to express it, will have absolutely no impact in changing it.

Wannabe2

Jones72 said:
Zack Kassian said:

No, I don't expect fans to turn up and pay for petrol, car parking, £17 for their ticket, 50/50 ticket (optional, by the way), etc. and not have their opinion or express their feelings.

That said, I find it very telling that the number people booing is, at least, in a significant minority. I think it's a pretty safe bet that the significant majority that choose not to boo are just as disappointed with the run of form...myself included...so it's got absolutely nothing to do with blinkers, rose-tinted glasses, delusions or any other such claim.

Max's statement in the article above pretty much s
ays it all.

Form, whether we like it or not, is a shifting tide. It will turn. My opinion of current form, no matter how negatively or positively I choose to express it, will have absolutely no impact in changing it.

Very sensible.