Blaze v Devils - 26/12 - 6:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Gazza272

Anyone have any idea how to get Brad Cruickshanks audio working on the webcast?

The Unhelpful monkey that I can hear doing the 'play by play' said I have to correct my settings and I quote 'to whatever they are supposed to be' But to be honest as helpful and as clear and helpful as these instructions were i'm still struggling.

Any help out there?

A

Anonymous

Get yourself a Macbook, working perfectly for me. I wish the commentator would stop giggling after everything he says. Ultra annoying.

I'll see if I can help Gazza .............

TheDevilTorn said:
Get yourself a Macbook, working perfectly for me. I wish the commentator would stop giggling after everything he says. Ultra annoying.

I'll see if I can help Gazza .............
well he helpfully said if you cant hear Brad fiddle with the settings !!!! Quality advice :p

This commentator is doing my head in, Craig Weller takes the puck out and results in an offside call, you don't see that in the NHL the wise one says - what they never have offside calls?

'Coventry had more possession in that period' - well I should think so we spent most of it short handed

Hicks is doing well again, lets the game flow in the first period then suddenly realises Cardiff are playing.

Come on devils lets grind them down

A

Anonymous

Pressing escape should take the screen back to normal size.

Bit of a lack in quality IMO. Don't think I've ever seen so many turnovers before in one game. Some iffy calls from Hicks (shock horror) 1 more goal could win it.

Gaz G

cardiffdevil said:
This commentator is doing my head in, Craig Weller takes the puck out and results in an offside call, you don't see that in the NHL the wise one says - what they never have offside calls?

'Coventry had more possession in that period' - well I should think so we spent most of it short handed

Hicks is doing well again, lets the game flow in the first period then suddenly realises Cardiff are playing.

Come on devils lets grind them down
Agreed.

Think it's very interesting listening to brad cruickshank though. He has made it quite clear how they expect hicks to referee the game i.e "we must take advantage of this as he'll even it up".

Finny

Mike Hicks once again proving he is an embrassement to the sport by his continual persecution of Brad Voth.
If only the league had the balls to take action against him.

Finny said:
Mike Hicks once again prooving he is an embrassement to the sport by his continual persecution of Brad Voth.
If only the league had the balls to take action against him.

He couldnt look more biased if he was wearing a "I hate Brad Voth" tank top !!! All I saw was Brad indicate diving ok couldnt hear and he may well have questioned Hicks parentage but to be fair who wouldnt???

Guy is so biased its not worth trying to yell at him

Well done Devils... 14 in a row!!! Lets add another tomorrow and as good as finish off Blaze title chances.

Braehead 3-0 up at Belfast going into 3rd period - could be an awesome night for us.

Mentioned on MNL about Voth not returning to the game after the misconduct penalty - any more news on this - was it because Hicks is so biased he'd be straight back off or was Adams not impressed with what he did to get the misconduct / injured???

I hope it was because of Hicks - by the way how the hell did he miss that challenge on Max, he had him around the head for goodness sake - the commentator said maybe he was blinded - never a truer word spoken.

Anyway another win, well done Devils please don't make it so hard tomorrow. I think it was a good game, I'm not sure as I spent most of it on the edge of my seat drinking too much Magners

ledgend777 said:
Well done Devils... 14 in a row!!! Lets add another tomorrow and as good as finish off Blaze title chances.
Can't complain about a point and the Devils taking the extra as I think most fans outside Sheffield, Nottingham and Belfast would hope that Cardiff can in the championship this year but
finish off our title chances :lol: That happened weeks ago. Our team simply wasn't good enough to start with and the injuries have finished us off. The lack of a rush to get in a replacement for our injured D men shows that Thommo does't really believe there is anything left for us to play for.

Happy Christmas and enjoy the moment. I've been lucky enough to watch a lot of championship teams and the Devils seem to have it this year.

kettdevil1

Without wanting to turn this into an analysis of the Blaze - what is the problem with the Blaze this year?

Is it the loss of Calder? Is it Chambers form? Has Thommo lost the plot?

It just seems bizarre when I wander in expecting a result against the Blaze.

A

Anonymous

maybe he was blinded
Aye he saw it alright. How on earth that wasn't a pen god only knows. The blokes an idiot. Another win against a very ordinary Blaze side, injuries or not. Don't think we played that well tbh, far too many passes going astray for my liking, but hey, a win's a win. Well done Devils. Our fans were a bit quiet and couldn't seem to drown out the awful commentator. ;)

My MoM was Macrae

See you next season

Personally I just think the top 4 in the league have improved and we have stood still or gone slightly backwards. Cardiff have an outstanding team, Belfast look great on paper, Nottingham signed a decent team and then added 3 excellent players mid-season and Sheffield are far better than last year.

But enjoy it while it lasts as I'm sure Thommo will be back next year to sort it out ;)

Gazza272

J.B said:
Personally I just think the top 4 in the league have improved and we have stood still or gone slightly backwards. Cardiff have an outstanding team, Belfast look great on paper, Nottingham signed a decent team and then added 3 excellent players mid-season and Sheffield are far better than last year.

But enjoy it while it lasts as I'm sure Thommo will be back next year to sort it out ;)

I think the major difference is that with buying Hull Coventry havent been able to buy their way out of trouble.

Finny

I missed the start of the game as I was late getting home from watching Cardiff hammer Coventry in football, and by the time I got the online stream going I had missed the Devils take the lead.

The first period though seemed to be end to end with the Devils shading it though the Blaze slowly started to slowly get better and equalised after a great Robinson pass from his own goal line was picked up by Fussey on the Devils blue line and he skated in and finished with style.

Blaze nearly made it 2-1 with seconds left of the first period, after Lyle made a save from a 2-on-1 break the puck fell to Selmser with an open goal infront of him - only for Weller to somehow get his stick on the puck enough to divert it away from Selmser.

Second period was pretty awful as Hicks had one of his shockers. First he called Voth for netminder interference despite Voth slamming the brakes on to avoid a collision, whilst letting Chambers get away with falling backwards onto Lyle when no one was near him. Then after Fulghum fell to the ice theatrically and Finnerty was given 2 for hooking, Voth gestured to Hicks that it was a dive and despite the video replay suggesting no words from Voth, Hicks gave him a 10 minute misconduct penalty for abuse of official.

As a result the Devils spent most of the period on the penalty-kill but the Blaze never really created that many clear cut chances.

Into the third period, and the Devils came out much the better team and twice got the puck bobbling across the line only for it to stay out. Coventry then picked up a hooking penalty, and Jaeger started performing heroics with two outstanding saves against Michel then Finnerty (who was lucky not to get sent to the bin for hacking away at Jaegar when the puck looked covered up).
Seconds later though the Devils took the lead, a great passing move setup Pelle in the slot and he scored his 3 billionth goal of the season (or something like that). Devils forechecked brilliantly for the next 5 minutes and stopped Blaze creating anything. Then out of nothing the Blaze counter-attacked quickly and a cross ice pass from blueline to blueline picked out Fussey and before Richardson could get across the let go a wrist shot which beat Lyle who had probably left too big a gap on his near post.
This gave the Blaze a boost and they had a good 5 minute spell as the Devils started to pick up more penalties. On the rare occasion of equalhanded hockey the Devils looked the more likely to score and Jaeger again came to the Blaze rescue. Weller also unleashed a huge hip check along the boards that sent Fulghum flying, the Blaze fans were up in arms but I'm not sure why.

Into Overtime and the Devils dominated whilst I can only remember the Blaze having one shot on goal (which nearly bobbled in). In the final minute, a quick pass to Birbraer and a lovely deke got him past Robinson and into the Blaze zone alone. Robinson then grabbed him around the head and dragged him to the ground, but of course it was too much for Hicks to call a nailed on penalty.

Into Penalty Shots.
Matzka went first, but after trying to deke Jaeger his lost his footing and fired wise.
Fussey then went for the Blaze, but Lyle cut down the angle before making a cracking glove save.
Pelle next, and after a couple of dekes he allowed Jaeger to commit himself before sliding the puck past him.
Owen up for the Blaze, and Lyle shadowed him well and looked to have made the save only for the puck to slip through the fivehole to level it.
Birbraer for the Devils, and after several fakes it looked like he had missed his chance to shoot only to flick the puck beautifully into the roof of the net.
Fulghum needed to score to keep the game alive, but again Lyle came out to cut down the angle and saved the shot with his pads.

Overall not a great game but I felt the Devils deserved to win. On a separate note - were the Blaze fans dressed as blue seats?
Looking at the online booking facility before the game it seemed to be nearly a sell out with only a handful of seats left in each block. Yet in the first period especially some blocks were only half full.
It didn't look quite as bad towards the end of the game - what happened?

In summary:

We got the points
Hicks still a tool
Didn't think we took the body enough
Pelles penalty one of the best I've seen

and finally, considering changing my username to "Tylors pre-check wooooooooohh!!". Oh how we laughed!!

Max

Koop11

Another road win and now 14 on the bounce. Great result, albiet not the greatest game by all accounts. Huge return leg tomorrow. Another home win would be huge for us going into the top of the league clash in Belfast on Tuesday.

Good job lads.