Big Doug sacked

I read some of the posts on here and I have to ask, do some of you actually want Whistle to leave and/or sign for the Steelers just to prove some sort of point?

I'm half expecting some people who have posted on the forum over the past few weeks and months to actually start supporting the Steelers if Adams was actually successful in applying for the job of bench coach.

Pope and Ragan have made a series of spectacular **** ups this season, but it now seems like some people are actually wishing, or perhaps wanting more bad stuff to happen to the team they support :(

As for myself, i'm just going to continue to enjoy the hockey we are getting whilst Whistle is coach, hope that he is given, or accepts a position for the future and we can move on. If that isn't the case, then I hope that when Pope comes back from Russia we can hopefully make a decent attempt at improving our league position so we don't face the Giants in the playoffs, at least not until the actual playoff weekend in Nottingham.

Ocko

If I were Cory Neilson I wouldnt take out anything long term in Nottingham. If Doug and Sodastream have been deemed surplus to requirement then after Nottingham's season which is hardly better he should be fairly worried.

Paul Sullivan

Ocko said:
If I were Cory Neilson I wouldnt take out anything long term in Nottingham. If Doug and Sodastream have been deemed surplus to requirement then after Nottingham's season which is hardly better he should be fairly worried.
I'd be stunned, to be honest. After the years of heavy spending with no League return and then a 'Grand Slam'-ish, there is no way Neil Black would jettison Corey and certainly not in the almost whimsical 'we shouldn't have hired this high-profile, League-winning guy in the first place' kinda way that the Steelers have done with Doug.

Considering the fact that the Steelers took DC from Belfast under a huge fanfare, now saying they never should have done that is insulting to Doug, their fans and their players. There seem to be no accusations of unfair treatment to DC (although offering his job around since Christmas is shabby) but it will be very interesting to see who gets what is the biggest poison chalice in the EIHL next...

With regards to the coaching here, Steve Moria has posted on Facebook asking people's thoughts/suggestions on living in or around Bridgend! Possible move to coach us????

I like banging glass I do