Big Doug sacked

Temme

Good luck to Gerad Adams with your job up in Sheffield!
Please don't rob us of all our players though!

No actual proof for this, but if I were a gambling man this is where my money would go.

And then observe the exodus of Devils players heading there!

"Steelers to offer Brent Pope position of Head Coach, GM, Chief Medical Officer, Head of PR, Communications Chief, Sports Writer, Water Boy, Captain and Assistant Captain positions and Zamboni driver on a 5 year contract with immediate start"

If Carlsberg did press releases. I'd drive him there myself.

10redcastleknight said:
Tad# said:
lol That would be brilliant!
You might not be so happy if Steelers came sniffing after Dave Whistle who at this moment is only here for a couple more weeks. Be careful what you wish for.

PS. Did Doug start wearing hats?
They would be foolish not too and he would be foolish not to accept. Just in time for the return of the Hat. At least there would be no PR disaster over slotting the Hat on to an empty bench rather than him pushing Whis aside

Have Hope#35

jodysstillagirlsname said:
Have Hope#35 said:
Earnie said:
Paul Ragan better tie down Whislte to a long term contract NOW
Heard a 'rumour' today that Whistle is set to be made permanent Coach shortly!?
The lure of big budget Steelers could alter that and the salary would probably be more than The Devils are prepared to pay for a bench coach
Could be right but I get the impression that he's enjoying his time here! Just hope that's enough if we've put a contract in front of him!?

If Pope comes up here there'll be uproar and mass exodus of fans, I would like to think Tony has more sense than that but who knows. Goertzen player coach in the interim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DevilDom

I heard that Whistle has had offers from both the Devils and Steelers. Unfortunately and probably predictably the Steelers are offering more.

jodysstillagirlsname said:
The lure of big budget Steelers could alter that and the salary would probably be more than The Devils are prepared to pay for a bench coach
But surely a team owned by a secret millionaire has more money sloshing about than a team owned by a bloke who slings nasty polyester jerseys for a living? ;)