Best new signing so far?

zoesdevil

Has to be Martin or Walton, the hands on those guys are something else, but for me I think Martin edges it just for his sheer vision for a pass!!

jimmy snels

For me although brilliant Martin and Walton haven't produced enough goals above the expectation to be classed as best signing quite yet. Someone not mentioned yet is marsh. 3 goals, only 3 penalties (one was a double minor) but playing pretty hard (I'd like to see a bit more but I'm a huge fan of the rough stuff :lol: ) as well as leading team. Good guy

mweller

jimmy snels said:
Someone not mentioned yet is marsh.
The thread is best new signing, so Marsh, Lord, Mo etc not included (though all in with a shout of best player I agree).
I like Hudson & Clarkson both for being a big presence on the ice, but going on who we actually missed the most when they were absent, I think it was Hendrikx. Or maybe Mychan. Oh, hang it, all of them ;)

Its great that everyone is talking about the hockey this season, there is no negativity and for the right reason, there is nothing to be negative about, as opposed to the past when we were told negativity is bad for the club when there was plenty to be negative about.

This season just gets better and better and we can look forward to going in to the new arena on a high which is how it should be after the waiting for it

DevilDom

This question is almost too tough to answer as I'm happy which each and every new and re-signing for different reasons as each seems to have taken to their role in the team brilliantly.

On the forwards side as others have already said, Joey Martin is the stand out for me with incredible work rate, forechecking, backchecking and a great chemistry already with Lord and Morrisette producing excellent numbers. Mychan and Clarkson have been impressive but with different roles in the team so not necessarily shown on the points front. Very pleased with Haddad too, who is big strong and scores some great goals. Walton and Culligan have shown flashes of what they are capable of and I'm sure when they find the right line there is more to come from them.

Of the D men I have been most impressed with Hendrix. I was expecting a tough guy who was maybe a bit less skilful than the other D men but this guy is a lot more than that. He can hit, fight, make great plays and score goals. Also very pleased with Hotham and Hudson who are both very smooth skaters and comfortable on the puck but can mix it when necessary too and not afraid of anyone. Just love how nasty our D can be with 5 big guys on it.

So overall I'd go with Martin just shading it ahead of Hendrix, then Hotham, Haddad and the rest! So all of them!!!!!!

Sorry but this one is impossible to answer.Every single player is doing their bit.There isnt a selfish one out there.They are so exciting to watch,every single game.I keep thinking to myself,when are we going to get a dull game.It still hasnt happened.For me, they are amazing.Im so happy with every one of them.SO glad to be a fan of the CARDIFF DEVILS right now.

KaneDevils

Been disappointed with Walton, he needs to start finding the net!
Martin is a great player Deeday, your wrong on that one sorry!
Hendrikx is very good but for me gives away bad turnovers and tends sometimes
to try something flashy when there's no need to.

KaneDevils said:
Been disappointed with Walton, he needs to start finding the net!
Martin is a great player Deeday, your wrong on that one sorry!
Hendrikx is very good but for me gives away bad turnovers and tends sometimes
to try something flashy when there's no need to.
I agree that Hendrikx needs to play a more simple game but how nice is it to finally want that nasty dman we've all been asking for for so long!! :mrgreen:

You do all love bringing up max even when I haven't! It's my opinion. Hendrix not really mounting to much either in my opinion. I won't slate all your opinions.....it's an interesting mix for sure

One thing for sure is we are counting on the second line to much,we still don't have that natural goal scorer would of loved to seen kurka on this side!

Wannabe2

Devils91! said:
One thing for sure is we are counting on the second line to much,we still don't have that natural goal scorer would of loved to seen kurka on this side!
Kurka wanted too much money, this teams just dandy for me,they worked there Nutts off tonight, 2imports out, only 4 D Men and beat a previous unbeaten team in the league. Kurka not for me thanks.

Wannabe2 said:
Devils91! said:
Kurka wanted too much money, this teams just dandy for me,they worked there Nutts off tonight, 2imports out, only 4 D Men and beat a previous unbeaten team in the league. Kurka not for me thanks.
Not arguing the work rate at All! Just need that game changer which I think kurka would have been also Lord get Martin signed up for next season now please :RAWK