Ben O’Connor released

Status
Not open for further replies.

bozman

I dont like seeing anyone being fired from their job and hope he gets another slot somewhere like MK lol because the way he played here that was his level

Devils86

BOC was a good fit on paper. We needed to replace the points production of Fournier. We lost Bowns so with an import NM duo we were going to need Brits in the team. He wanted to come here. Was a winner at Steelers. For whatever reason it just didn't work out.
If I were recruiting a replacement (and thankfully for everyone I'm not!) I'd look at someone in the mold of Drew Schiestel who was defensively solid but decent going forward.

Unless Sam Jardine has become available again? He's been pinging around Europe IIRC

Phew, at last he's gone, gave up so many pucks in his end. has been overrated these past 2 seasons, played well for GB so that may say something.
Time to move on

Pembo

If it was financial, makes sense. I think he was on good money and frees up some funds to bring in quality elsewhere or allows club to trim outgoings ahead of what is likely to be a difficult stretch with COVID restrictions possibly impacting on bar activities/revenue. He’s always put up good numbers of points season on season, it just hasn’t happened for him in Cardiff for whatever reason. Sounds like he’d obviously wanted to stick with Sheffield but sounds like dallied too long and they went for Troncinsky instead. I think we were his plan B.

Hedd Wyn John

Thread starter #33
BOC was a good fit on paper. We needed to replace the points production of Fournier. We lost Bowns so with an import NM duo we were going to need Brits in the team. He wanted to come here. Was a winner at Steelers. For whatever reason it just didn't work out.
If I were recruiting a replacement (and thankfully for everyone I'm not!) I'd look at someone in the mold of Drew Schiestel who was defensively solid but decent going forward.

Unless Sam Jardine has become available again? He's been pinging around Europe IIRC
From the Steeler fans I've spoken to he was past his best when he played for them & could be a liability at times. They weren't overly sorry to see him go.

Devil94

I don't think it was a sudden thing, or a hockey thing. He wasn't due to play wednesday night, and I don't think we would have brought in McNulty just for 3 weeks to cover Louis when we still had 5 D. McNulty was signed to cover 2 spots temporarily. I think he'll be gone when Mark is back and another d-man signed.

Jards has only just moved from the EBEL to the Finnish top league. Can't see him swapping Helsinki for the Bay, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.