Ben O’Connor released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils86

Either my phone is not loading the website fully or there is no information as to why...

Normally would expect a "thank you for your time as a Devil" etc

Taking a step back to think this through:

Are/were we running with 6 Brits (Richie, BOC, Batch, Davies, Dugs and Waller) when we only had to have 5 so have been an import short?

I'm just thinking if this is a Devils lead thing then it doesn't make sense to drop a Brit D man if you need to recruit to replace him and he was to be a Brit. Because BOC (irrespective of his point production this season and his defense liabilities) is a top Brit D man.

So they must be bringing in an import D man....which results in my question re: running an import short and an extra Brit this year.

The only other reasons I could think would be a financial one (earmarked McNulty to come in as a cheap replacement - but he's still an import) or Ben has decided for himself that he wants to move on

Last edited:

Devils86

gotta be a club thing, nobody can deny that O'Connor has been a real weak link in D. With McNullty signed the other week, Devils have less money to work with.
From what I saw last week and his performances at Storm I really hope McNulty is not the replacement - looked like a body to fill the D core for a couple weeks and that's it.

gotta be a club thing, nobody can deny that O'Connor has been a real weak link in D. With McNullty signed the other week, Devils have less money to work with.
Makes sense. Though, considering the D-men left on our roster, I can't imagine Skalde will want the boys to be jumping into the play too much anymore.

kingmo19.1

Bit weird the Devils website won’t open and also the Twitter link just seems to fail!

I wonder if it’s some prankster hacking in and doing something dodgy!

James

Administrator
Looks like the Devils site is struggling under the weight of visitors, Cloudflare Ddos is kicking in but the site cant handle it.

Never nice to see someone lose their job this close to Christmas, unless it was his choice, in which case ta ta. The disappointing thing is (although I know its not a 1-1 swap) we let Myers go. We needed to make some change to get the season back on track and this was a fairly well discussed weak link

Status
Not open for further replies.