Ben Davies is off to Basingstoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

osh

The Devils have taken their time though and sign Weller - the best player in the league by a mile.

Surely it's clear that if we had taken the "sign someone else now" suggestion there is no way we could/would have signed Weller?

Finny. Why is it that when anyone disagrees with you, they are classed as moaners? Anyway, to answer your post above. You are clearly right and wrong.

You are right, Weller is the best player in the league.

Wrong. We could - and in my opinion should have - replaced Voth with a short term replacement, other teams were managing to do it at the time. fortunateley, results went our way. As for your point if we had signed someone to replace Voth, we wouldn't have got Weller, that's nonsense. Weller was signed to replace Sawyer( D for D) not Voth! Get your facts right please. Can't be bothered trying to reason with you anymore, you are sure to try and wriggle out of this one.

Kipper

osh said:
Would you agree that this has caused more anger than Sawyer leaving or not
I don't know if it is anger Osh.Perhaps it is more disappointment that Ben has gone-and the timing of it.

From my point of view it is concern for Ben's future as I have so much time and respect for him.As a friend of Ben and his family,I personally am worried that he has gone down the wrong route at this precise moment which could be detrimental to his long term career.However,Ben is not a kid anymore.He is a professional sportsman who must live or die by the career decisions he makes.

Now that he has made his decision,I wish him every success in Basingstoke and wherever his career takes him from there.

voth26

I think it's time to thank ben for his time at the devils and wish him all the best at the bison, mods i suggest we lock this thread before finny/osh have a dualing contest at 8am on southerndown :lol: :lol: :lol:
and we get back to SHOWING OUR SUPPORT FOR THE GUYS WHO HOPEFULLY WILL CONTINUE THEIR AMAZING RUN STARTING WITH THE PANTHERS TONIGHT

mods i suggest we lock this thread before finny/osh have a dualing contest at 8am on southerndown :lol: :lol: :lol:

First period break on Sunday gets my vote :)

osh

Kipper; Yes you are correct, anger was probably not the best way to describe the situation, and as you say it has caused disappointement more than anything else. I still hope he will e back next seasonwhen we definately will need more top Brits.

ASHIPP

osh said:
I still hope he will e back next seasonwhen we definately will need more top Brits.
Osh - hopefully this will be the case. And, on that subject, I'm sure that PR mentioned that the Devils were already monitoring several other British players (don't know who or where) for consideration next year. :D

What is interesting is the article in today's Echo, re-iterating that some of the players were unhappy with Ben's decision and the way he went about it. This then followed up by the comment about the Devils being all about the TEAM rather than individuals.
Whilst we don't know the full facts behind the situation, we can only assume that players were baffled by him giving up a great opportunity to continue the contribution he's already made....and obviously the fantastic chance to learn from experienced/calibre players. And possibly they were annoyed that has turned into a big distraction at a crucial time?

osh

ASHIPP; Yes I have to agree with you, we're all disappointed, fans, management, players etc, but once he had made the decision, I have to respect that decision ( even though it was ill timed) but I can half understand it and have tried to look at it from both angles. I hope both he and the club will be able to sort things out during the off season because sure as eggs he will gain an Elite spot next season ( if he wants it bad enough) due to import restrictions, and I hope its with us. He's young, he's made a mistake in my opinion, and he'll learn from it. I would also jump at the chance of bringing back Matt Myers and Phillips, 2 local lads who's heart is here, just depends on what money is available I suppose. Your thoughts ?

ASHIPP

osh said:
ASHIPP; Yes I have to agree with you, we're all disappointed, fans, management, players etc, but once he had made the decision, I have to respect that decision ( even though it was ill timed) but I can half understand it and have tried to look at it from both angles. I hope both he and the club will be able to sort things out during the off season because sure as eggs he will gain an Elite spot next season ( if he wants it bad enough) due to import restrictions, and I hope its with us. He's young, he's made a mistake in my opinion, and he'll learn from it. I would also jump at the chance of bringing back Matt Myers and Phillips, 2 local lads who's heart is here, just depends on what money is available I suppose. Your thoughts ?
From what has been said in recent press releases this week, the inferrence is that the Devils will be looking to secure Ben back on the roster. :cool: Expect there are other youngsters at different levels that G has been monitoring also. As for Matt Myers, to tempt him back, for me it's a no-brainer. Very impressed with his speed, agression and work rate this year (he's tailor made as a Devil!) - looks like his season in the US paid off in many ways. As for Jono, a nasty injury has temporarily halted what was proving to be a good year for him - his line-up with Legue and Talbot worked. JP is Captain at Steelers - would he want anything less?

Skippy

BBW said:
mods i suggest we lock this thread before finny/osh have a dualing contest at 8am on southerndown :lol: :lol: :lol:

First period break on Sunday gets my vote :)

Well as dueling has been illegal for quite some time now and as the discussion seems to be going round in ever decreasing circles.

Status
Not open for further replies.