Anyone worried?

lloyd_jeff

Goodway stated he couldn‘t discuss figures without it being a closed confidential meeting. Those figures are known as the Council now own the facility, it has tax implications. The 2nd pad area has to be repurposed into a functioning profitable section of the facility. Climbing wall, roller hockey or even winter sport simulation area, restaurants , bars, shop or anything that will insure the long term profitability of the facility. To be honest it’s a lot of area to play with and extend and I’m pretty sure a company with deep pockets and experience is the only option, not sure Planet Ice would invest heavily unless the expansion of the Velodrame in its current proposed form happens. My doubts are if the Velodrome plans become a poorer makeshift alternative, as seen with the area currently, that may make investors nervous and wait. Which is understandable as the users and action group want the Velodrome built before the current site is dispose, the Council want to develop the Maindy site first, we all know that trick, BBT and IAW, inferior and cheap.

Last edited:

lloyd_jeff

The way ccc drag their feet on other projects it could be 2030 hopefully if that.
There’s plans for a Nordic Urban to take over the Graving dock opening up a Finnish Spa to include a cold sea pool. Britains first rotating platform could be built by Skyview Towers overlooking the Bute Town tunnels. When is local & general elections due ?

Gazr76

Yeah the wnir pad used to crack up and deform badly because if the sand base. The current pad will be taking a battering from public sessions and constant use.
I also took a quad bike around the WNIR pad a few times in between periods at one game. One of the sponsors was the muddy bike shop in Cardiff and Shannon thought it would a great idea. I almost binned the darn thing into the boards a couple of times :)

Kevlar68

The thing is we've heard plans for this, plans for that, plans get go ahead, then it all goes quiet, people forget and nothing happens. It's called "Bullshit" to make it look like the council is doing stuff to justify the wages they all get paid and to try to cover where the tax payers money is going and by some fate the money is gone and no work has started.
I don't know how many years I've heard about plans for a metro or sky train and still not a track or foundation laid.
I've got plans to own a hockey team, it will never happen but I got plans ;)

Last edited:

lloyd_jeff

The thing is we've heard plans for this, plans for that, plans get go ahead, then it all goes quiet, people forget and nothing happens. It's called "Bullshit" to make it look like the council is doing stuff to justify the wages they all get paid and to try to cover where the tax payers money is going and by some fate the money is gone and no work has started.
I don't know how many years I've heard about plans for a metro or sky train and still not a track or foundation laid.
It’s a Labour policy, there’s plans to build Britains largest indoor Ski slope in one of Britains poorest regions. It‘ll go the same way as Britains largest motor racing track & Britains largest theme park, all got put into file 13. Grand plans that all require a wealthy population to spend money, only Wales isn’t wealthy.

Have Hope#35

With regard to the Metro/Crossrail this came out yesterday: https://www.cardiffnewsroom.co.uk/r...utm_campaign=Orlo&utm_content=CITY+OPERATIONS

Kevlar68

The metro/skyrail was first announced I think about 10 years ago if I remember correctly and this plan just announced is nothing like the proposal of that time and this new plan is only due to leveling up funding not cardiff councils own funds.