****9PM FACE OFF****TONIGHTS GAME. IMPORTANT!!!!

Nitra said:
cf38 said:
They just said bring the ticket in and we will swap it for another game, they would have done it on the phone if it was for next week, but I already got a ticket for that game so they said just bring tonights ticket down the rink in the week, and arrange another game.
Cheers, thanks for the info.
What about refunds to season ticket holders ?

A13D said:
I think there are a number of people here who really need to consider the whole picture and stop being so selfish!

Not 1 post has said anything about the players. Any thought for them?!

Would you want to play this late at night after traveling all weekend?
Yes its their job, but there the ones who will get the abuse if they dot play as good as we expect due to their tiredness.

So no matter what the face off time is TRUE fans will be behind their players and will support them.
Can I just say, I completely agree with you on your point about the players... All the comments complaining that they have not had a personal phone call telling them of a situation that they were already aware of seriously need a reality check.

There has been no thought at all to the officials who will be on the ice until god knows what time tonight (i'm sure taking abuse as normal from "fans" as well) to then have to travel home and will probably allow a matter of about 4 hours sleep before getting up and going to their full time job... and I'm 110% sure that the game fee they will receive will not be worth it. But hey, they are still at the rink regardless of the unavoidable issues and getting on with it.... if it wasn't for them, it really would not be going ahead and I hope the "fans" remember that before shouting the usual boring and predictable abuse tonight.

All in all, people need to take a step back and actually look at the situation and stop being pathetic and selfish!!!!

Sheincar said:
A13D said:
I think there are a number of people here who really need to consider the whole picture and stop being so selfish!

Not 1 post has said anything about the players. Any thought for them?!

Would you want to play this late at night after traveling all weekend?
Yes its their job, but there the ones who will get the abuse if they dot play as good as we expect due to their tiredness.

So no matter what the face off time is TRUE fans will be behind their players and will support them.
So now I'm not a true fan for putting my FT job 1st.Perhaps I'll bear that in mind when it comes to renewing my ST next year. :x
Yeh sod the job lets all just get down there what the hell

Sliput

For the last six years i attended nearly every home game and i also have a fulltime job..surely it doesnt affect people that much .................i forgot to add , i live 2 1/2 hrs away from Cardiff so i was never home before 12.30 !!

:cry:

august04

Shiney35 said:
I've just trawled through pages and pages of yada yada...and all I'm thinking about is poor Paul and Trebsy. Spare a thought for these 2 guys who have been up since the crack of dawn, driven to Belfast Port to be told the ferries were cancelled, had to sort out another route, drove from Belfast to Dublin, got the ferry across to Holyhead, have been driving since half 3 this afternoon to get down to Cardiff so there can be a game, they are both absolutely knackered, I'm sure they'll both enjoy reading all the moaning about not receiving a damn phone call!!!!

Well done guys, you're superstars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxx
Are you sure about this?! I heard a very different version of events.

well at least it was over a 1000. The missus and myself are ST holders but couldnt make it work commitments early monday morning. Why cant they change the game days to Friday and saturday think that would be a much better.

Jones72

Finny said:
Attendance: 1063
So considering it was against the Panthers (draws a good crowd), and being conservative, the delay to the face-off looks to have cost the club 500 ticket sales (probably more, but as said...conservative)...so say £6,000.

That's just in direct ticket sales for that game, so could be more in terms of impact on follow up ticket sales due to bad feeling caused last night.

Probably more again in administrative costs through refunds.

Easily a £10,000 shortfall in achievable revenue compared to a few hundred pounds saved by not flying the kit.

Ouch.

I get the feeling the kit will be flying from now on if we're playing in Belfast and then again at home the following night.

what happens if the flight then gets delayed/cancelled?
should we have two sets of kit, put one on the ferry one on the plane?
This is a rare occasion, I don't see why they would change it just because of one game, its an unfortunate situation but it happens.

Jones72

nmase20 said:
what happens if the flight then gets delayed/cancelled?
should we have two sets of kit, put one on the ferry one on the plane?
This is a rare occasion, I don't see why they would change it just because of one game, its an unfortunate situation but it happens.
Fine, but if the flight is cancelled then the team won't be there either so the whereabouts of the kit would be a moot point!!

Finny

Jones72 said:
Finny said:
So considering it was against the Panthers (draws a good crowd), and being conservative, the delay to the face-off looks to have cost the club 500 ticket sales (probably more, but as said...conservative)...so say £6,000.
That's just in direct ticket sales for that game, so could be more in terms of impact on follow up ticket sales due to bad feeling caused last night.
Easily a £10,000 shortfall in achievable revenue compared to a few hundred pounds saved by not flying the kit.
Not sure I agree with that Maths.
Sad I know - but I do keep an eye on ticket sales through the week and for some reason we were lower than normal - but then we might have had good sales on the door so we have probably lost around 500 there.

However, I think it's fair to say that most people who couldn't go would have had children, so the average ticket price wouldn't be £12. Probably nearer £10.
You also seem to have counted season ticket holders twice. Plus season tickets holders wouldn't get the full price refund, only the pro-rata rate at which they bought the ticket (assuming of course they do get a refund).
And of course they would still have to take tax off that. Plus cost per ticket to Planet Ice? So we are looking at around a couple of grand loss but I'd say a bit less than half of what you were suggesting.

Jones72

Finny said:
Jones72 said:
Finny said:
Not sure I agree with that Maths.
Sad I know - but I do keep an eye on ticket sales through the week and for some reason we were lower than normal - but then we might have had good sales on the door so we have probably lost around 500 there.

However, I think it's fair to say that most people who couldn't go would have had children, so the average ticket price wouldn't be £12. Probably nearer £10.
You also seem to have counted season ticket holders twice. Plus season tickets holders wouldn't get the full price refund, only the pro-rata rate at which they bought the ticket (assuming of course they do get a refund).
And of course they would still have to take tax off that. Plus cost per ticket to Planet Ice? So we are looking at around a couple of grand loss but I'd say a bit less than half of what you were suggesting.
:lol:

It was never intended as a precise account!! That said I was explicit in stating *revenue* so by definition implies "before deduction of costs and expenses such as PI"!

The point is that whichever way you cut it...the lost revenue (and therefore profit) directly from the game, but also caused by bad feeling (follow up ticket sales on the door for future games, plus bad feeling that appears to be publicised on this thread regarding treatment of ST holders) far outweighs the supposed cost savings by not flying the kit with the team.

Mistakes are made (by everyone), and that's perfectly ok and acceptable. The key is to learn from them...and I would hope that in future the club would not follow the (illogical...in my opinion) option of transporting players and kit independently.

august04 said:
Shiney35 said:
I've just trawled through pages and pages of yada yada...and all I'm thinking about is poor Paul and Trebsy. Spare a thought for these 2 guys who have been up since the crack of dawn, driven to Belfast Port to be told the ferries were cancelled, had to sort out another route, drove from Belfast to Dublin, got the ferry across to Holyhead, have been driving since half 3 this afternoon to get down to Cardiff so there can be a game, they are both absolutely knackered, I'm sure they'll both enjoy reading all the moaning about not receiving a damn phone call!!!!

Well done guys, you're superstars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxx
Are you sure about this?! I heard a very different version of events.
1 million % I'm sure!