3rd August

august04 2.0

Still wouldn't be happy :)

The pearl clutching is a little strange about the logo, I remember the change from logo 1 to logo 2 and it does feel like deja vu all over again ....
I’m sorry but I totally disagree. I don’t recall there being any such negative reaction when logo 1 changed to logo 2, because logo 2 was so good. It ain’t broke, no need to fix it unless it’s a merchandise grab ploy, which I think may backfire as the reaction pretty much everywhere is that it’s horrific!. it is absolutely hideous and beyond cheap and nasty. Bad move by TK and the ownership group, just riding roughshod over the history of this club with that monstrosity.

doron

got to say. hate it, it's a big step backwoods , have a new one by all means , you can do a lot better than this come on.

From a marketing point of view just shocking, no one outside of hockey will go ooo that's a cardiff devils jersey/top.

With the name you have some sort of branding from a small sport, here you have nothing what so ever, we have gone backwards.

What really summed it up for me was my 6 year old went dad I did something like that in school.

I am gobsmacked that it passed ownership group, marketing and even the company who made it.

The logo has penguin in the middle, once see it cant miss it. Ooo and the C and D thing, cringing

what made me laugh was Todd having a pop about forum, social media, living moment ect he used to tell players they needed social media. Then saying even the players like it, well they are on the devils payroll.

august04 2.0

One word for the new logo HORRIFIC, it’s a cross between the laughing cow and William Shakespeare, this shambolic mess took a 12 month apparently to design. This logo without a shadow of a doubt is the worst in the league, . People may say I am old and don’t like change, old I may be but Senile I ain’t, on the positive note it has stopped me buying shirts, and has raised the value in our older shirts with the best logo in the leagu. So sorry to sound negative but this logo is truly Horrendous, we had a season with covid to put up with, then a season with a non directional team to put up with and now this. I knew I shouldn’t have gone but like a mug I did sorry to say.
What, you mean we actually paid someone to come up with that tripe?! Apparently the ears/horns represent C and D for Cardiff and the Devils, that’s a bit of a stretch when you look at the damn thing! Just awful. Message to the owners - please realise that the supporters do not want this and reverse this bizarre decision.

Last edited:

Finny

I’m sorry but I totally disagree. I don’t recall there being any such negative reaction when logo 1 changed to logo 2, because logo 2 was so good. It ain’t broke, no need to fix it unless it’s a merchandise grab ploy, which I think may backfire as the reaction pretty much everywhere is that it’s horrific!. it is absolutely hideous and beyond cheap and nasty. Bad move by TK and the ownership group, just riding roughshod over the history of this club with that monstrosity.
Really?

I remember a lot of fans being furious with it. Some were even asking if Shannon Hope had designed the new logo and if so he should be sacked as a player.

Diafol

From a marketing point of view just shocking, no one outside of hockey will go ooo that's a cardiff devils jersey/top.

With the name you have some sort of branding from a small sport, here you have nothing what so ever, we have gone backwards.

What really summed it up for me was my 6 year old went dad I did something like that in school.

I am gobsmacked that it passed ownership group, marketing and even the company who made it.

The logo has penguin in the middle, once see it cant miss it. Ooo and the C and D thing, cringing

what made me laugh was Todd having a pop about forum, social media, living moment ect he used to tell players they needed social media. Then saying even the players like it, well they are on the devils payroll.
Ha, I just spotted the penguin.
Although it looks more like a sea lion to me :)

What a shocker of a night. Short of announcing Paul Ragan as a new owner and Dave Simms as Communications Director I’m not sure how they could have messed this up any more.
Well you say short of announcing Paul Ragan, I’m sure he owned/use to own Veezu and now they have their name on the ice