3rd August

Wannabe2

Thread starter #41
So if we don’t hear about anymore signings before Thursday, who thinks they will be announced Thursday at the rink, and if so who do you think it could be to announce you won’t want to miss this. None of the rumoured ones surely, because better signings than them have been announced already. We still need some toughness not goons obviously,but the Taffies have never been a nation that enjoy being knocked about, oh for a Justin Faryna.

I might be mis remembering and don't take this the wrong way...but whilst Faryna was a good hockey player I don't remember him being this behemoth deterent ala Mike Mcwilliam who would knock 7 bells into someone who looked at any of his teammates the wrong way. Faryna was a good team first player who had a decent level of skill and grit but I can't remember him dropping the gloves all that much and can't remember him really dominating another player. I'm also sure if we were to delve into the depths of his season and a half with us on the forums we'd see the complaints of us "being bullied" banded around as we seem to overstate this every season. I wouldn't particularly say we were bullied at any point last season....but what did frustrate me at times was a lack of a physical response or outright eneergy to spark a poor performance (of which there were many) into life. Brandt is exempt from this frustration and to me is the master of this role...just need more with that mindset which hopefully we have in the new bunch of recruits. On the other hands we had the polar opposite in Reid, brittain and Crandall (I hope he rectifies that this season) who would further sap the life out of the game by coasting around making sloppy plays.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #43
Just used Faryna as a latter date player, no he wasn’t this knight in shining armour but a lot of Devils fans wouldn’t remember those from far off times. But my main point in this thread was really about what people think Aug 3rd is all about, and if it hopefully will be about something that deserves the don’t miss it, this thing is pretty special tag. Last season is history now but we do need some good news to lift spirits, the team so far looks very good, but hopefully good things come to those who wait.

lloyd_jeff

I guess we’ll find out on August 3rd.

My gut is it’ll be something that will encourage season ticket holders to continue buying season tickets, probably connected to the new Sponsors. With a few signing announcements, it’ll be a PR event, a very purple event.

BostonBart22

Just used Faryna as a latter date player, no he wasn’t this knight in shining armour but a lot of Devils fans wouldn’t remember those from far off times. But my main point in this thread was really about what people think Aug 3rd is all about, and if it hopefully will be about something that deserves the don’t miss it, this thing is pretty special tag. Last season is history now but we do need some good news to lift spirits, the team so far looks very good, but hopefully good things come to those who wait.
My spirits are high just with the players gone, the new ones are a welcome bonus, if we do our bit and not worry about the other pretenders we will walk the league..just saying..

Rempel16

Any more rumours info about what is expected on the night?

I am not making a 60 minute round trip for a repeat of ‘Mega Monday’ so as it stands I’m not going.

The Devils seem to be giving no clues away.

Diablo3

As for players, I agree with others, it will be Crawford, Mosey and Pietroniro. the web site says "Doors open at 6:30pm and from 7:15pm we will be revealing some exciting news relating to the upcoming season. You do not want to miss out!"

That could be anything, Shirt unveiling, Discounts at the bar for season ticket holders, the toilets are all working...

lloyd_jeff

I don’t get the “You do not want to miss out”, that means something will be offered to only those who attend, that could be freebies or more likely a discount if you spend. After all if it’s only announcing plans for the season, those not attending the event are not going to miss anything as it’ll be posted here and on social media. Unless of course the person doing the media account has no grasp of the meaning of the comments.

TL91

I don’t get the “You do not want to miss out”, that means something will be offered to only those who attend, that could be freebies or more likely a discount if you spend. After all if it’s only announcing plans for the season, those not attending the event are not going to miss anything as it’ll be posted here and on social media. Unless of course the person doing the media account has no grasp of the meaning of the comments.
Well, you gotta be there to find out, I guess!

Kevlar68

They're going to move the hand dryer in the gents 30 foot closer to the sinks rather than 30 feet away by the poop pens.
Always a good idea to have hand dryers by sinks.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #54
As for players, I agree with others, it will be Crawford, Mosey and Pietroniro. the web site says "Doors open at 6:30pm and from 7:15pm we will be revealing some exciting news relating to the upcoming season. You do not want to miss out!"

That could be anything, Shirt unveiling, Discounts at the bar for season ticket holders, the toilets are all working...
Bit of a bold statement about all the toilets are working, especially if you are talking about the Ladies, my wife would never believe you.

Finny

Or maybe they will be showing season ticket holders something that can be seen but not experienced online?

Perhaps they will be doing Q&As with some of the players?